Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. SrinivasYour feedback matters!
Sir I am sugar patient, I do not want to take huge medicine, please tell me how am I decrease my sugar without medicine.
I can not do sex more than 15 sec .and then no erection till 2 hrs 3 hrs .what should I do? please tell me ?I need fast result and my dick is to small.
Am suffering from very high fever since last few days I HD taken many medicine bt no effects seen wt should plzz suggest something.
My 12 year old son always has dry lips at the ends What should be done He had asthmatic problem till age of 7 Is that be the reason of it.
Most people think of sex as an enjoyable and pleasurable act. For many reasons, some physical and some psychological, sexual problems are very common, though not declared and discussed. More often than not, very close friends and the Internet could be the only ones who are reached out to for help. What is important to understand is that what works for one person may not work for another, and therefore treatment is best taken after talking to a professional. Sexual problems can be threatening to the health of the relationship and can break relationships too.
Read on to know the 3 most common sexual problems in males and females.
- Reduced libido: While men are perceived to have higher libido in general, due to various physical and psychological issues, libido can be affected. Performance anxiety, high blood pressure, strained relationships and hormonal imbalance are some common reasons for reduced libido.
- Impotence: The inability to attain and/or maintain an erection long enough for sexual intercourse is known as impotence. This is extremely common and again can be due to performance anxiety, strained relationships, and hormonal imbalance. Detecting the underlying cause through sexual counseling is the key to treatment.
- Ejaculation disorders: There are multiple ejaculation disorders including premature, retrograde, and inhibited – referring to early release of sperms, release of sperms back into the bladder and delayed release of sperms respectively. These are due to physiological reasons and treatment would depend on identifying the underlying cause.
For most sexual problems in men, treatment in the form of medications and hormones are available. However, the most effective and important thing is to come to terms with it. Counseling and sex education play the most vital role. In most cases, a frank discussion with a counselor involving the partner solves half the problem. The rest would be managed by hormone replacements, vacuum devices, penile implants, etc.
- Reduced libido: More common in women, this can be due to hormonal (menopausal), unpleasant relationships, pelvic pain, painful sex, infections, etc.
- Dyspareunia: Painful sex, can be caused by vaginal dryness, pelvic area infections, urinary tract infections, etc. This again leads to decreased libido. The underlying reason needs to be addressed and lubricants can be used for relief.
- Anorgasmia: An inability to achieve orgasm, this also needs investigation, and most often, sex education and counseling helps.
Treatment: It involves a combination of medications, hormonal therapy, education, and counseling. Vaginal dryness can be treated using lubricants. Infections or inflammation in the pelvic tract need to be treated with medications. Supplement hormones are also often useful. Sex counseling with the partner involved is the most effective method. Women would need more coaxing to come forth and discuss on these topics.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!