Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas GYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am suffering from mild fever with body pen and dry cough from 20.09.2016. Kindly suggest me medicine and what type food I have to take.
My daughter age is 15 month And 10 days. When his age is 6and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently We take some test. At present hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? Presently vomiting problem for 3 days after eating.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, your body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this, tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with Type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is a darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds on skin in areas such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
Some of the most common causes of Type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy if necessary
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.