Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas Chirukuri
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas ChirukuriYour feedback matters!
My gf suffering from breast pain from last 1 year. She is a medical student. Now she so depressed that she thinking this due to breast tumor. She feels like its due to tumor but till now she not tested .any help. She is suffering so much pain.
I had taken mammography of both breasts because of pain this is the impression of report I got (Complex cysts are noted in both the breasts, benign calcification in right breast, Birads-2)
I want to kwn tht. Nipples has itching from 2, 3 days and today on left nipples it was having little bit pain whn I pressed the nipple slightly. I can not understand why it's happening like this.
Pls explain the pain of tenderness and does it happen only on one side breast or both side in pregnancy n which portion of breast pain during it.
While having sex yesterday while I was sucking my girlfriend's breast some fluid came out we're worried now what is that fluid about. Is it normal or is she pregnant? Very scared please help me over it.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. My question is that after what size adrenal tumour start producing symptoms?
I am 50 years old my creatinine level 9 and doctor telling I had cancer one urine bladder closed that is right one and left is coming doctor wear stent for that but its right side the stent not going its blocked its seems how will my problem wil solve please give suggestion and rply which type of treatment must start.
Any type of cancer has a severe impact on the lives of patients, both physically and psychologically. The discipline of oncosexology has emerged in recent times with the idea of spreading the awareness of sexual issues in oncology care and emphasizes on the importance of approaching these issues to prevent the development of severe sexual dysfunctions or problems. Although the rate of sexual problems in cancer patients is reported to be around 35-50% worldwide, and despite the fact that both cancer care providers and patients recognize the weight of discussing sexual issues, it is unfortunate that neither group are observed to do so.
Impact of Cancer on sexual functioning: It is invariably true for all cancer treatment options that they can potentially affect sexuality in a negative way with their impact, ranging from comparatively clement to extremely enfeebling. The impact on sexuality may arise from a number of biological, psychological and relational consequences of cancer and more than often, a composition of Biopsychosocial factors are involved. While men suffer from erectile dysfunction, retrograde ejaculations and loss of sexual desire, in women, sexual dysfunction is commonly associated with abrupt failure of ovaries and related menopausal symptoms. Psychologically, the differences in dealing with emotions and feelings of disappointment can cause anxiety, which, in turn, can steer towards sexual distancing.
Steering towards sexual activity during/after treatment: Most patients remain oblivious to the very idea of oncosexology as a result of lack of awareness about possible treatments and its mode of addressal. Maintaining a healthy sexual relationship in such cases requires support and encouragement from healthcare professionals. Oncosexology, therefore, aims at a well rounded integration of sexual rehabilitation in the context of oncology care since sexuality is indeed extremely important in enhancing the quality of life.
Cancer patients can use the following tips for having a better sex life:
- Sexual activity largely depends upon the energy and comfort level between the partners affected by the disease. Inhibitions are natural and sexual activity needn't involve intercourse or oral sex alone. Foreplay, mutual masturbation and usage of vibrators and lubricants may also ease the pain and discomfort.
- Partners need to communicate openly about their feelings and what feels good and what doesn't in bed.
- Using protection is a must. Chemotherapy may persist in the semen 48-72 hours prior to treatment.
- Explore with different positions in order to find what's best for both you and your partner if the usual ones seem painful.
- Speak to a sexologist or sex therapist beforehand in order to have a clear picture about the possible consequences of your treatment on your sexuality.
- Coping with body image concerns may also pose to be another challenge. Exercising and eating well improves health and boosts self esteem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.