Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinath
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SrinathYour feedback matters!
Sir my baby boy is about 5.5 months he didn't take his mothers milk. Which milk product I should give him ?
Bed Wetting is a phenomenon in which a child urinates, involuntarily, on bed when fast asleep at night.
A. The Secret Problem
A child gains bladder control at night, but it varies with age. After attaining the age of five, 15% of the children continue bed wetting and after the age of 10, only 5% are found to be still bed wetting. The incidences of bed wetting in boys are twice as compared to girls. Bed wetting can often lead to extreme embarrassment and social awkwardness for the parents. For parents to deal with such inevitable child problems, they must know the causes that lead to bed wetting.
B. The Bedwetting Gene
Your own DNA may be the chief contributor to your child’s bed wetting; research states that in 75 percent of the cases, this problem is found to be hereditary. However, parents should deal with this problem with sensibility and sensitivity, so as not to alienate their children in any way.
- Delayed Bladder Maturation: In such cases, the communication between the bladder and the brain is delayed.
- Lower Anti-Diuretic Hormone (ADH): Inadequate secretion of such hormones causes the kidneys to produce lesser urine during the day, thus increasing chances of bed wetting at night.
- Deep Sleeping: With deep sleeping, the brain fails to get the signal that the bladder may be full.
- Constipation: With constipation, the problem is that there may be uncontrolled contraction of bladder due to the bowels being full all the time.
When is it a concern?
There is nothing wrong with bedwetting during childhood, especially when the child is less than 2 years of age. However, it might be a concern if the child happens to gain bladder control at night but the condition relapses. Also, if psychological stress happens to be at the root of the child’s bedwetting, it could be considered to be a cause for concern.
Homeopathic treatment for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy is a very effective natural treatment for enuresis. The homeopathic remedies for bedwetting are perfectly safe. These natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Safety of the medicines is a major issue when you are to give any medicine to your child. Therefore it is of utmost importance that the medicines should be completely safe. Homeopathic remedies are known to be perfectly safe and have been tried by millions of patients all over the world over the last 2 centuries.
5 Best Homeopathic medicines for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy has been found to be very successful in treating bedwetting. The aim of Homeopathy is to strengthen the nervous system of the body. This allows the child to gain control over the urinary bladder. The same child who had been urinating in the bed for years is able to keep the bed dry within a matter of a couple of weeks. Homeopathy offers the best way of treating bedwetting. The embarrassment of the child as well as the parents vanishes quickly like magic. Here are the 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting that help in working this magic-
- Acid Phos
It is important to mention here that the above mentioned 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting are by no means the only medicines for bedwetting. There are many other medicines that are also used to cure enuresis. The exact selection of the right medicine depends upon the detailed symptoms of each individual patient. So, it always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before going for any medication.
- Ensure that your child urinates right before hitting the bed.
- Limit your child’s fluid intake after having a thorough discussion with the doctor.
- Set an alarm for the child to wake up and go to the toilet in the middle of the night.
- Bladder stretching exercises increase the bladder’s capacity and thus the quantum of urine that can be held by the child’s bladder.
- Medications, as would be prescribed by a pediatrician.
- Use a plastic sheet over the bed.
- And finally, don’t panic. Usually, the problem resolves on its own.
Dear Dr, will nebulizer use at home for 4 years child. Need to Your suggestion, which nebulizer & medicine use for child.
My son is 3.5 months old and has a lot of gas in stomach. I want to know that I am breastfeeding and is this problem is due to my diet . Is the health of baby depends on the diet of mother. Kindly suggest me proper diet so that gas will not pass from me to the baby stomach.
My daughter of 3 and half month old has boils in her body and face. I'm sure its not boils because its not painful. Can't be as mosquito bite. Not sure if its of any insect bite. What to do? please help me.
Hi, Doctor there is problem in my sons tongue i. E. There is some whiteness in upper skin and sometimes it removes and sometime it is appeared. Age is 6 yrs, Stomach is Ok and Lever is Ok. Please give me suggestion. Thanks.
Hello everyone. I’m Dr Kriti Mathur, homoeopathic physician, practising in Gurgaon. I also provide psychological and nutritional counselling. Today I’ll be talking about behavioural disorders in children.
There are some children who are very active, they are hyperactive, and they just cannot sit idle in a place. They cannot sit in a place, they constantly start playing with their hands and constantly move their hands, or they start playing with whatever they can lay their hands upon. These children are inattentive, they just don’t pay attention in class, they’re physically present there, but their mind is elsewhere. They are unable to complete their tasks because they haven’t been paying attention to the instructions they had been given, they are disorganized and start losing their stuff. These children are also impulsive, they’ll unnecessarily disturb the class by asking irrelevant questions or they’ll ask very personal questions to their teachers, they’ll talk unnecessarily, disturbing or intercepting between other people’s conversations. So you might be getting a call from the school counsellor pointing out the symptoms.
So as a parent, we need to understand that this is not because of bad parenting or because your child is disobedient, but this is a medical condition which is called Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. As a parent, what we can do to help our child is:
- First to make a schedule for the child, give the instructions to the child in a very clear, concise language, simple language which the child can understand. Every time the child follows those instructions or completes his tasks, please appreciate him and in case he is unable to complete the task or he is unable to follow those instructions, repeat them, but do not scold them, it is not going to solve any problem.
- Secondly, you have to involve them in a number of tasks like sports, yoga, a place where they can use the extra energy that they have.
- About the diet, do not give sugar items, no chocolates, toffees, candies because that will give them a sugar high and they will find it difficult to consume that energy. It is better to give a diet that is rich in complex carbohydrates and proteins so that the energy is slowly utilized.
Regarding the treatment, homoeopathic treatment is very effective, we provide constitutional treatment for these children. So if you have a child who has any of these symptoms, please feel free to consult me via Lybrate or you can consult me in my clinic at Sushant Lok, Phase 1 or Anahat at DLF Phase 3.
My son is 5 months old has had runny/watery green poop for 4 weeks now. No other signs of illness, she is gaining weight and I have taken her to the GP a week ago who said not to worry. He is purely bf and went from having 2 bm's a day to about 10. When he poops its like a green watery explosion and soaks into the nappy. She has also had mucous poops. The watery poop did seem to get worse after that.
Your kid's weight should be a real matter of concern for you. In today's world, the number of obese and overweight children is increasing at an alarming rate. Gaining excess weight and being obese poses the risk of numerous health problems in children. The disorders are diabetes, heart diseases, asthma and many others. Obese children face a lot of problems in their social lives, are teased and neglected. This causes lack of self-confidence and self-esteem in obese children. They develop a negative body image and depression. However, by taking proper measures, your child can regain normalcy. Eating disorders may also occur in obese children, and they are also likely to develop substance abuse habits.
The major medical conditions that an obese child can face are:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Problems in bones and joints
- Sleep disorders
- Liver and gall bladder disorders
Is your kid having the right weight?
The growth rate in children varies with time and stages. Hence, it is difficult to tell whether your kid is overweight. You should measure your child's BMI to find your answer. BMI or body mass index uses the height and weight measurements of a person to calculate the amount of body fat and is used for screening obesity problems. BMI is effective in general and provides accurate data. In some cases, it may be imperfect. In case your kid has a high BMI for age measurement, other assessments are made to detect obesity. The assessments include skin thickness measurement, diet evaluation, physical activity and family history.
How to check obesity in your kid?
In order to rectify obesity, a lot of changes must be made in a child's regular habits and schedule.
- Food patterns: You should feed your child a wide range of fruits and green, red, orange and yellow vegetables. Having a proper breakfast reduces chance of obesity and should not be avoided. Focus on healthy cereals and fruits. Other than reducing the intake of chocolates, desserts and fried junk food, food items containing hidden sugar should be avoided. Go for low sugar food items. The meal times of your child should be fixed, and this pattern should be followed. Also limit having outside food. Avoid foods, which contain trans fats.
- Physical exercise: Your child should be involved in regular physical exercise or workout. Let them go out of home and exert themselves, as this would keep them fit and away from obesity. For obese children, exercise will burn calories and help in losing weight.
Your kid's weight should really concern you. You should avoid your kid getting obese and make him/her follow all necessary precautions. In case you suspect obesity in your kid, get the BMI measured.