Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Srinath HerurYour feedback matters!
Hey. I am sometimes feel a very light pain in my stomach its very light just for 2 or 3 sec. Before that I felt burning sensation in my stomach went to doc he diagnosed GERD and gave me two tablets he have not recommended any tests but I have a fear that maybe I have stomach cancer my stools are regular I never have vomiting not weight loss. But sometimes I only feel light burning or light pain and yeah sometimes I feel not like swallowing my food maybe its in my head because its only sometimes. Is it a psychological thing or a thing of concern.
I am feeling serious joint pain in my knee and shoulder and also when I wake in the morning I fell severe tired and weakness. I also face severe headache sometimes. So kindly suggest me these are symptoms of which disease.
My skin of hands feet and neck swells when I sweat a lot and that area gets darkened only in extreme summers when rubbed the skin comes out as if dirt accumulated there could you tell me what medicine to eat and apply is it a fungal infection?
I am diabetic & my fasting yesterday was 152. I take glocoryl m1 fort before break fast & 1 tab zyoral m4 forte before dinner. I am now experiencing pain in my right ankle joint. Please advise.
I am 14 year man and I am regularly suffering with fever and last 2 day then I feel good for 1 day and after that my fever comes back and causes headache and vomiting.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
- Dental Health: The substances that are found in green tea help in killing bacteria before it can infect one’s mouth. So, apart from cleaning the digestive system of various toxins, it also prevents plaque formation and tooth decay. It keeps dangerous bacteria like Streptococci Mutans away from the mouth and lowers the risk of caries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 50 years old. I am suffering from severe pain in right hand fingers except thumb and little finger. With the 3 fingers I could not attend for any work. And their shape emerging curved day by day instead of straight. Besides I am suffering from diabetes, bp, thyroid, spondylitis in 2 shoulders. Your valuable advice in this regard is highly solicited.
diagnosed with jaundice and piles. Please help quickly. Jaundice level high in urine and present in blood. Nausea feeling high.
I have constipation problem & WHEN I GO TO PASS STOOLS I get cut and starts bleeding what I should do ?
Lung cancer may not always give out noticeable symptoms in the early stages. Most cases get diagnosed in later stages. It can happen to anybody irrespective of age or geographical location although smokers fall under high risk groups. Prevention and awareness can help. Check these lung cancer symptoms as early screening/diagnosis may help people fight the disease.
1) Unstopable Cough: Be cautious if your cough lingers. While a cough associated with a cold or respiratory infection will go away in a week or two, a persistent cough that lingers can be a possible sign of lung cancer. Don't dismiss a stubborn cough, whether it is dry or mucus-producing, as "just a cough." See your doctor right away.
2) Disrupted Chronic Cough: Pay attention to any changes in a chronic cough, esp. if you smoke. If you are coughing more often and it has gone deeper or hoarse, or you are coughing up blood or more mucus than usual, it’s time to make a doctor’s appointment.
3) Short breath: Shortness of breath or becoming easily winded is also a possible symptom of lung cancer. This symptom occurs if lung cancer blocks or narrows an airway, or if fluid from a lung tumor builds up in the chest. Keep a track of how quickly you go short on breath. Does it happen while taking stairs or doing routine jobs is a question to answer.
4) Wheezing: When air passages of the body become blocked, constricted, or inflamed, the lungs produce a wheezing or whistling sound as you breathe. While it can be due to other causes, wheezing is also a lung cancer symptom, which is why it demands your doctor’s attention. If wheezing continues, don’t assume it’s asthma or an allergy. Let your doctor find out what's causing it.
5) Chest Pain: Lung cancer may cause pain in the chest, shoulder, or back area. These aches may not be associated with coughing. Consult a doctor if you notice any type of chest pain, whether it is sharp, dull, constant, or twitching.
6) Hoarse Voice: If there is a noticeable change in your voice that stays for more than 2 weeks, or if someone else points out that your voice sounds hoarse or deeper, get it checked out by your doctor.
7) Loss of weight: A sudden and unexplained loss of weight can be associated with lung cancer or another type of cancer. Cancer cells use energy in the body. Do not ignore it.
8) Painful Bones: If it gets spread to the bones, lung cancer may produce pain in the back or in other areas of the body. This pain may get worsen at night while resting on the back. Notice your aches and pains, and discuss them with your doctor.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question on this topic or a related one.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.