Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinath Gk
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Srinath GkYour feedback matters!
I'm accountant sitting in front PC nd have to work daily 14 hours. Cz of that now I'm suffering from smthng like piles. Anus open got swelled. I'm hesitating to meet doc and too much worried. please somebody help me.
I am 43 years old male and is suffering from backache and leg pain till morning. I have acidity too. I had used ointment and acidity tablets and didn't find any cure. What can I do for cure my pain.
I am 25 years old working woman. I am suffering with low BP and low breathing problem as when I work for sometime not hard work or just walk for few minutes or go with stairs, my heartbeat starts running fast with trepidation. I have suffered with vitamin b12 deficiency but I have took injections of that before 8-9 months. I have faced problem with my body as well as pain in legs, lower back, finger tips. Swelling on body sometimes with fluffy stomach. I have took thyroid test as well which comes negative alwz. Can anyone please help me out for same?
I am a bachelor boy and I want to know that watching daily porn effects penis size or sex in future?
We know that diabetes can harm your eyes, nerves, kidneys, heart and other important systems in your body. But did you know it can also cause dental and gum problems in your mouth?
The link between diabetes and oral problems is real, though lesser known. Diabetics are at a higher risk for periodontal or gum disease which is an infection of the gum and bone that hold your teeth in place.
Research also shows that alternatively, periodontal disease may also make it hard for you to control your blood glucose.
If your diabetes is not under control, you are more likely to develop problems in your mouth like-
- Dry mouth, a condition that happens when you do not have enough saliva—the fluid that keeps your mouth wet. It is a common symptom of undetected diabetes and can also cause mouth soreness, ulcers, infections, and tooth decay.
- Another problem diabetes can cause is a fungal infection called thrush or candidiasis because diabetes usually causes the glucose levels in your saliva to increase. And this encourages the fungus causing thrush to grow in your mouth, leading to painful white patches.
- When diabetes is not controlled, high glucose levels in your saliva also help harmful bacteria grow in your mouth. These bacteria combine with food particles to form a soft, sticky film called plaque which causes tooth decay. Plaque also comes from eating sugary and starchy foods.
- And some types of plaque cause tooth decay or cavities and other types of plaque cause gum disease and bad breath.
- Diabetics have a higher incidence of Gingivitis which causes unhealthy, red, inflamed gums. You need regular flossing as well as cleaning at the dentists to prevent it.
What can you do?
- You must keep your blood glucose under control to prevent mouth problems. Diabetics with poor blood glucose control get gum disease more often and more severely than diabetics whose blood sugar is under control.
- If you have diabetes, you should brush and floss every day and follow this up with regular dental check-ups.
- Call your dentist when you notice a problem in your mouth. Keep observing and checking your mouth regularly for any problems. Don’t ignore minor stuff like gum bleeding during brushing and flossing. And also notice dryness, soreness, white patches, or a bad taste in the mouth. All of these are big enough reasons to visit your dentist.
- Tell your dentist if your dentures suddenly don’t fit right or if your gums are sore.
Also, take care to quit smoking. Smoking makes gum disease worse and causes dry mouth which aggravates oral problems.
Needless to add, good blood glucose control is your best defence against the oral complications of diabetes like gum disease. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.