Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Sir, My son is suffering from mouth ulcer two times in a week only in tongue so please send the medicine Thanking you sir.
Dental health might come across as a rather innocuous problem, but there is no reason for us to take it lightly. Dental health often functions as the index to an overall good health and it is extremely crucial for one and all to maintain the utmost hygiene level. Your teeth are arguably one of the most susceptible parts of your body wherein the slightest neglect can result in substantial damage. Dental ailment pans across a variety of diseases which unless immediately arrested, can potentially inflict a lot of harm.
We all know about that dreaded toothache and it is not an experience that one would like reliving. Although dentists with their whole host of extractions, fillings and excisions often help in soothing those toothaches, for a more natural mode of healing and remedying dental disorders, one may turn to Ayurveda. Ayurveda regards healthy lifestyle practices like balanced and wise dietary choices and diligent brushing as the most fundamental requisite for maintaining your oral health.
Some of the advisable methods for upholding oral hygiene can be enlisted as follows:
- Dant Dhavani or Brushing: As an alternative to the new age bristle brushes, Ayurveda recommends the herbal chewing sticks for the purpose of brushing. As per Ayurveda, the effect is better in those sticks which have a bitter or an astringent taste. For this purpose, Neem, Licorice, Cutch, Arjuna, Milkweed or Fever Nut are best suited.
- Gargling with rock salt and mustard oil: For the upkeep of oral hygiene, it is a healthy practice to massage the gums with mustard oil and rock salt. One can gargle it off with warm water after leaving it for a span of five minutes. Persistent following of this method can bring considerable improvement to your oral hygiene. It is also a good way to mitigate the impacts of asthma and migraine.
- Jivha Lekhana or Tongue Scraping: Pure metal is endowed with a lot of health boosting properties. Thus, instead of stainless steel tongue cleaners, Ayurveda advocates the use of scrapers made of gold, silver or copper. This helps in battling bad odor and enhances your sense of taste.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can occur due to a multitude of reasons and is quite disconcerting. Chewing gum, using breath mints and mouthwash are just temporary solutions as they do not address the problem. Read on more to find all about the different causes, symptoms of bad breath and also about their prevention.
- Food: If food particles, which are stuck in and around your teeth start decaying, they promote bacterial growth, which causes a foul odor in the mouth. Eating certain foods, such as spices, onion and garlic also cause foul odor.
- Tobacco products: Smoking and chewing tobacco not only causes gum disease, but also causes a foul odor to be present, thus causing bad breath.
- Poor dental hygiene: If you do not brush daily, food particles in your mouth get stuck in your mouth between the teeth in particular, which decay and cause bad breath. A form of bacteria known as plaque forms over the teeth, which over time decays teeth and also causes foul breath.
- Dry mouth: A medical condition known as dry mouth, also known as xerostomia can contribute to bad breath as in this condition; the amount saliva produced from the salivary glands is reduced. This results in the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath.
- Medications: Some medications can cause foul breath in an indirect manner as they cause dry mouth as a side effect, which in turn causes bad breath. Other medications break down in your body and the chemicals, which the medicine contains can be carried on your breath.
Dentists would usually rate the odor from your mouth either by smelling or by using certain sophisticated odor detectors. The back of the tongue is often the source of smell and the dentist is also likely to scrape the region and rate its odor.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: If the bad breath is due to the formation of plaque, brushing and flossing on a regular basis will prevent its growth, thus reducing or eliminating bad breath. Using mouthwashes also kills bacteria, hence eliminating the bad breath causing bacteria from your mouth.
- Treatment of dental disease: Gum disease can also cause bad breath as in this disease, the gums pull away from the teeth, which gives scope for bacterial growth causing bad breath. Treating gum disease, thus would also eliminate the scope for bacterial growth and eliminate bad breath at the same time.
Dental Malpractice occurs when the treatment provided by dental health care professionals falls below the acceptable standard of care causing serious personal injuries. such type of malpractice are:
Failure to inform the patient of all available treatment options and the associated risks and benefits related to each
Failure to refer to a specialist
Negligence in failing to properly diagnose oral cancer or periodontal (gum) disease
Causing nerve damage by improperly placing dental implants
Damaging the Lingual nerve or Inferior Alveolar nerve while administering anesthesia or when removing wisdom teeth or molars
Incorrect use of dental anesthesia resulting in complication or even death
Improper procedures which result in injury and damage
Malalignment of teeth or bite malocclusion resulting from substandard dental procedures
Failed dental procedures
Faulty root canals, crowns, implants, veneers, or dental bridges resulting in injury and infections to the jaw, face and gums
Tooth loss due to faulty restorations
Injury to the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) after orthodontic treatment or restorative dentistry procedures
Failure to perform a complete and thorough oral exam
Not properly administering antibiotics prior to a dental surgical procedure
Failing to diagnose or control an infection
Use of faulty materials or products
I need to do maxillofacial surgery. I have my lower jaw misplaced and needs to align it properly. How much days will it take totally for surgery and to recover.?
Cosmetic dentistry can help you have a straight aligned teeth in only 2-3 dental visits. The entire process is nearly painless and can be done in single visit for some minor corrections.
Cosmetic correction can be done for-
1) misaligned teeth
2) deformed or discolored teeth
3) decayed or broken teeth.
I was advised for a laser dental cleaning procedure. I am 50 year old and a diabetic for more than 10 years. Two teeth requires extraction as suggested by Doctor. And also advised for re-shaping to smile for the front teeth. Is the laser cleaning be a safe procedure and adjusting the teeth by clipping advisable at this age. Please advise.
Hello, I am so tired to remove yellow color shadow in my teeth but it act like hero I mean it not removed in properly, I has a treatment finely at teeth specialist but it not be removed inside of the teeth, kindly help me pls, thank u.
I am 39 years male. I have observed a growth of 1cm under my tongue on saliva-gland. What is this and whom should I consult with?
Just as white, straight teeth convey youth, a smile with crooked, discolored, worn, or missing teeth is associated with an aged look.
Keeping a youthful mouth comes down to two simple, proven, and practical steps:
Brush and floss daily
See your dentist every six months.
If there is misaligned teeth get it corrected.
If there is gap between teeth can be corrected by orthodontic or cosmetic correction using crown or dental bonding
If there is stain due to tobacco, smoking get scaling done.
Beautiful smile is add on to your personality visit your dentist and get confident smile