Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Srilekhaa RajeshYour feedback matters!
Which is better for pcod (considering other aspects like weight reduction and nutritious diet are normal and under control)? Allopathy or ayurveda or homeopathy? 95% of the pcod/pcos patients have the opinion that they tried allopathy for 2-3 years and did not see any change but also the medication causes rise in body heat, tiredness etc. But had drastic positive change when they changed to ayurveda, and homeopathy also.
Their was bleeding during sex from lower part of my vagina and it happened 2nd time. Now I am worried please tell me how to cure.
married and have two kids and their age is 5 and 6. My wife gave normal delivery for both of my son, her age is 27 now and again she is pregnant now. And she is fit and does not have any Bp. My question is again she can give normal delivery.
I am pregnant for about 25 weeks. I am facing diarrhea now. So which medicine can be taken for this problem in my condition. May I take Metron tablet?
To be legally called white chocolate the fda only requires it to have 20% cocoa. Rest is made up of sweet eners, dairy products, emulsifying agents, spices.
My LMP IS 26 th july. Today my vaginal discharged strong thick yellow brown mixed one with drop of blood in that moment. After that no bleeding. What is the reason? am planning for pregnancy. If it is misscarrg?
Hai mam, can you please solve my problem plzzzzz its 2 urgent actually mam my sis she used postpone tablets for 6 days nw its 9th day bt she did not got periods till nw can you please help her out 2 get periods as soon as possible plzzz mam plzz gve some suggestions 2 get periods back mam.
I am married. My Periods date was in between 18th to 21st and till today I haven't got my period. Planning for a baby, so had sex with my husband. We had first tried on 14th November, but I got the period immediately on 17th November. After that also we had sex, today to check whether am pregnant or not did the urine test but it was negative. I am worried Doctor. Can I be pregnant ever? What shall I do?
Water birth, as revolutionary as it might sound, is not a bad idea. Common in the European countries like Australia and New Zealand, many birth centres in the United States have also started installing water birth tubs. It is the process of giving birth in a warm water tub, which is said to ease the process. The logic behind this goes that since the baby stays in the mother's womb for nine months in a water sac, therefore, birthing in a similar environment is better for the baby and less complex. Many obstetricians believe that this also prevents any kind of foetal complications.
There are both benefits and risk of water birth. They are as follows:
Benefits of water birth:
Water labour and water birth has the following advantages for the mother and the baby.
For the mother:
- The warm water provides mobility and comfort to the mother. The mother is also at a spontaneous position in water to change her location and deliver the baby.
- Pressure on the abdomen is decreased. Buoyancy helps in the efficient contraction of the uterine walls and it improves blood circulation, which again gives better supply of oxygen to the uterine muscles. The baby is provided with sufficient amount of oxygen while the mother endures lesser pain.
- Birthing in water helps in conservation of energy on part of the mother. The immersion helps to reduce collision with gravity and gives support to the mother's weight. This energy produced helps in coping with the uterine muscle contractions.
- The process of labour becomes more productive as it gives relaxation to the mother. While the mother calms down in the water, her hormones start working better and in turn the process is accelerated. The water also helps in soothing the pelvic muscles.
- The immersion helps in lowering the level of blood pressure and in reducing anxiety.
- Stress is hugely reduced as the mother is at ease and this helps in producing endorphins that serve as pain inhibitors.
For the baby:
- The baby gets a similar environment as the amniotic sac which helps in the birthing process gets added support.
- The stress of birth is greatly reduced.
Risks of water birth:
- There remains a risk of water embolism that is when the water enters into the mother's bloodstream.
- If the mother has herpes, this practice should not be followed as herpes spreads in water faster.
- This should be avoided in case of excessive bleeding and any kind of maternal infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.