Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Srilakshmi S.Your feedback matters!
Haii I am rajesh from nellore I have eye problem and I usually were spots and I do not wabt to have specs could you please tell me how to avoid the specs?
Some people say that I am having an eye problem because of my weight is this because of my weight or for playing video games.
I work before computer 9 hours daily l had sight -2.5 can I use contact lens, is there any problem in using them for long time.
I feel irritation in my eyes when exposed to the sun and after bike riding and when I use my laptop what should I do?
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.
I have red eyes for over 3 days. What should I do? I think it might be due to the fact that I sleep less these days or it might be that it's the time that my eyes need spectacles.
Hello Sir, Good Morning Sir Meri Aankhon me allergy h 5 saalo se dawai kha raha hun but phir bhi aankho me bhut khujli hoti h. Can you please help me this. Thanks
I often suffers from Conjunctivities. What changes I need to bring in my lifestyle to get rid of it?
What is reason for myopia. Is it possible to cure naturally with out laser surgery? What is the cost of lasers surgery? Is it effective?
Hi left eye is red and fell water also. Wts the problem sir. Can if use any eye drops or any medicines suggest me.
I have red eye problem,eye going to be stess with redness,after that head ache will accuring,2 days consulted famous opthomologist he said u don't have any alergy eyes are going to be strain u dont have any prblome and the Said use any lubrication.but im suffering daily with redeye and stress feeling I'm not going to be active what can I do plz help me sir
Sir I am 16 years old. I am suffering myopia. Can I get rid of it without any operation normally by physical process.
I am suffering from eye pain sometimes. I take chapati with butter and jaggery. I am going to read at library at 10am to12pm. In between I am also taking food at1: 30pm. Tea at 3: 30pm. Snakes at 7: 30pm. I am doing exercise every morning for 15-30 min. I took my night food at 12: 15pm. With milk and hochkoch.
Drs, I have an eyes problem. I am wearing specs since last 7 years. My eyes are totally blur. I can not see nothing without specs. Now I am 17 years old. What should I do. Pls help me doctors.
Causes and Symptoms of Hypermetropia You Need to Know About
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications.
Related Tip: 4 Tips for a Great Eyesight