Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srilakshmi JYour feedback matters!
I m feeling painful when I go to the bath so pls tell me what should I do. And also I have problem in my mouth white patches are comes in every 2 3 months.
Too much burning senstion and pain inthe mouth apart from severe pain while swalloing due to concurrent chemo and radiation for squamous cell carcinoma.
My teeth have gap. What do I for closing its gap? Its gap increasing day by day. What would I do for this? I gonna be sad. It effect my future. My mother is also become dad becoz of this. please help me.
My teeth is shaking. There is pain in it. I consulted dentist. She suggested 5 days augpen lb 650, tan x and painkiller. After 5 days there is no relief from pain. Xray is also done. In xray, one bone is weak. Please suggest what to do?
Hi I am 21 year old and I have a problem of infection in my mouth. There are a lot of bleeding as well as swelling what can. Do please suggest me.
I am 54 years old, I am suffering from teeth pain, top right side lost teeth, yesterday done root canal treatment, but pain not much more less. What is the pain reliaf immediately.
Actually my teeth gums became black and as usual i am suffering with mouth ulcer due to that so in which way are there any remedies to get my teeth gums to turn into normal position .
I am 37 years old female. I have been to a doctor recently to get my lower front (previously re-root canal treated ) two teeth temporary crown removed and get the permanent crown fixed as I was under braces treatment previously. But the crowns were tightly fixed and my lower one teeth is moving now. The doctor is saying to get both the tooth removed and with adjacent good teeth support get a bridge done. Please suggest some alternatives as I do not want to loose my tooth. How much does it cost for one tooth implant?
I have problem in my teeth quiet often they bleed and smelling even I use to do cleaning from dental and regular brush at least once in day. Could you please suggest me the what to do what not Thanks
I am 28 years old. I have a stain type in my teeth due to smoking. Wanted to clean my teeth. How much are the expenses? Please advise.
I brush my teeth every morning but my breath smells very bad also I clean my tongue daily. What could be the reason?
Sir, I am suffering from abscessed tooth pain slowly degrading and cracking .if I remove the teeth will it effect my eye sight. Please suggest me I do have b.p and eye sight 0.25.
I am 26 years old just I'm facing problem with teeth (Tooth Sensitivity). Can you let me know solution on this.
Sir, I have chhalla inside of both cheek and getting some irritation. Further my throat is occasionally irritated. Kindly prescribe suitable medicine to take cure. Thanking you.
I am 25 years old. I have a problem of excess secretion of saliva. Please suggest homeopathic medicine.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.