Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Srikanth Y.nYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from eye problem I got itching and redness and getting water from eyes please suggest me some medicine for fix it.
My age 24 years old and have the myopic defective vision of -2.50 from 3years and is constant.(not increasing). But I don't usually wear spectacles at least 5 to 6 hours in a day. Because I feel myself as lazy and disable. So I want to wear contact lenses. Tell me the pros and con's of wearing contact lenses. Is it safe to wear. I desperately need your suggestions.
The white part of eyes is alway red in color can you tell me I there any problem in it and how can I increase it whiteness.
Hi there, I just want to loose weight as I am 85 kgs n my height is 5' 11". What is the normal weight for me as per BMI. And I just need some tips to reduce my belly fat. From last week I hv started to take chapatis in my lunch n dinner. 2 in lunch n 2 in dinner. I have started to see some visible changes but its very slow. Please need some genuine advices. I also have started to walk almost 5 kms daily but in the evening time. Is that good or should I change the timing.
I have eyesight of 0.5 left and 0.75 right eye doctor prescribed me specs but I don't use it regularly. It seems my sight is increasing to me. Is there any possibility to decrease my eye sight.
Hi, I'm very shy when I talk to girls I can't really make eye contact. I born in a small town so I never talked to girls in my childhood.
8 years ago I hv beaten my head to a wall. My forehead is swelled. N it reds come into my eyes. It aoutmaticlly that sawool gone. An some time I hv pain in my head. I fell chaker n pain in left side ful head to neck. What should I do. Till now I hv not taken any treatment.
Hello I want to know at which percentage eye operation for removing eye number is safe. I cant focus on distance object. My eye number is 3. 5 in both eyes. My age is 21 year. Every year 0. 25 number increases from last 3 year. Can I go for operation or not. Is it safe for me or I will wait for some years.
Hi I am devideen , I am facing problem in my eye , weakness and tiredness and dry and lightly pain , I am working in computer whole day , kindly give me instruction which medicine I should use,
I Work for late night, am a software engineer. So I work before computers. My eyes are so stressed. Please suggest me what I have to do?
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.