Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srikanth
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SrikanthYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 58 yr old, I have problem in my back of neck that is pain, through this pain my right arm is not work proper because pain in arm also, this pain is so sever that I can' t write a letter by pen this pain is temperory, after sometime it relief. When I sleep then after awekining in morning time this pain is also happened sometime. So doctor this history last 2yr back, I considerd some doctor they advice me that u sleep in hard place eg-hard floor or plywood avoid pillow during sleep, but doctor I can' t satisfy this treatment so please what can I done or what treatment which we take.
Right now am 22 years of age. 2 years back I had a ligament injury in my left knee while playing football. I have stopped putting any kind of pressure on the knee after that as I fell pains of sliding ligaments in case of sudden jerks. But feel no pain in normal walking. How can I treat that at a minimum cost?
After a tough workout session or a strenuous day at the office, your muscles may feel floppy and exhausted until you have given them a chance to rest. However, persistent muscle weakness with no apparent cause or explanation can be a sign of an underlying medical problem.
What causes muscle weakness?
Voluntary muscle contractions and movement are generated when the brain sends a signal through your spinal cord and nerves to the particular muscle. If there are any hindrances in the connections between them, it can result in muscle weakness. However hard you try, the muscle is such cases becomes abnormal.
Here are some common causes of muscle weakness:
- Lack of Use: One of the most common causes of muscle weakness, lack of muscle fitness may occur as a result of a sedentary lifestyle. If the muscles are not used, then the fibers are partially replaced with fat.
- Ageing: As we age, our muscles tend to get weaker and lose strength. Muscles become bulky and recovery times during injury are greater. However, with physical activity, it is still possible to increase the muscle power. So stay active and instill strength in your muscles.
- Infections: Infections and inflammation can cause temporary muscle fatigue. Even though recovery is quick, if the infection is severe the weakness can last for some time. Without proper care, it can lead to permanent damage.
- Pregnancy: During and just after pregnancy, high levels of steroid in the blood and low levels of iron can cause muscle tiredness. Lower back pain is common during pregnancy and all your muscles may feel floppy.
- Chronic Diseases: With conditions of diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease and anemia, it can lead to muscle weakness by thwarting the essential blood or nutrient supply to the muscles. Also, chronic pain related ailments cause weakness.
- Injuries: Injury or trauma such as sporting injuries, pulls and sprains can deter the muscles. Along with localized pain, it can also lead to muscle weakness if not taken care of properly.
- Sleep Disorders: With disturbed or reduced sleep there is a general sense of tiredness that leads to fatigue in the muscles. Insomnia, anxiety, depression and other mental disorders also affect the muscles a great deal.
- Conditions affecting Nerves: Conditions like Myasthenia gravis or motor neuron disease affects the nerves and thereby fail to relay signals to the muscles, leading to weakness.
- Genetic disorder affecting muscles: There are also certain inherited diseases which can affect the muscles like muscular dystrophy.
- Spine-related disorders: Conditions like slip disc and other disorders affect the muscles served by the irritated or compressed nerves of the spinal cord. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Iam 63 yrs. Old female having knee pain. Pain is more severe on the right knee. Could you pl suggest some good application.
I took x-ray 2 days before. Backbone's bottom bone doesn't shows a gap between bones that is not familiar like the middle part of the bone. From buttox through left leg. It gets pain after standing up. For 10 minutes only. Advice please. I used to walk daily for 1 hour. Can I continue walking. Please advice as soon as possible.
Facial paralysis is when there is a loss of voluntary movement of the face on one or both sides. The following are the most common causes of facial paralysis.
- Bell’s palsy, the most common cause of facial paralysis
- Stroke is another major cause of facial paralysis, could be combined with right side arm/leg paralysis
- Tumours, affecting the facial region can exert pressure on the nerves and lead to paralysis
- Infections such as herpes zoster infections cause paralysis
- Difficulty in speech, eating and drinking
- Closing eyelids, movement, and expressions become difficult
- Loss of sensation, which may be temporary or permanent
Ayurveda believes in not just correcting the paralysis but improving overall health so that there is no recurrence and other areas are also prevented from being affected. According to it, increased vata causes paralysis and so treatment includes correction of it plus prevention of vata accumulation through diet and lifestyle changes.
Dietary and lifestyle changes:
- Avoid cold and sour foods like curd, buttermilk, ice creams, cold foods like cucumber, banana, watermelons, etc.
- Avoid fermented foods as they aggravate Vata
- Reduce or avoid pulses like dal as they can worsen gas accumulation
- Substitute rice with wheat
- Substitute cow’s milk with buffalo milk
- Avoid smoking and alcohol completely
- Diet must be easily digestible and simple with lot of green leafy vegetables
- Avoid foods which can cause constipation
- Beejband or country mallow: This has nerve stimulating properties and so useful in paralysis of any sort
- Kali Mirch or black pepper: Used as a water gargle, it is beneficial in correcting paralysis
- Lavanga or cloves: People with Bell’s palsy were given water to which some drops of clove oil were added, and they showed remarkable benefits.
- Mulethi or licorice: This is proven to be effective in stopping the progression of paralysis. People with Bell’s palsy, in whom there was involuntary tearing, had a stoppage of the symptom.
- Ashwagandha capsules: They treat paralysis and also reduce anxiety and stress and depression. It helps by calming and rejuvenating the entire nervous system. It also helps control muscle and joint pains and reduces stiffness. It also helps control insomnia and allows for improved blood pressure.
- Curcumin: This is very beneficial in Bell's palsy patients. With its rich antioxidant content, it reduces free radical release and helps control inflammation and reduces oxidative stress.
- Nirgundi oil: It also cures the imbalance between Vata and Kapha in the body. Massaging with this oil heals injured facial muscles and nerves and improves paralysis. It also eliminates toxins and prevents greying of hair. Its anti-inflammatory properties provide relief from inflammation and pain.
Pranayam, meditation is sure useful in this condition. Do start asanas, slowly begin with surynamaskar. Along with this, one can take Shastrokta medicine, that are-- 1. Ekangvir Ras vati 1 or 2 bd + Maharasnadi kashay ghan vati 2+2 during the day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!