Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
I am having pain in the legs since quite a few days and is increasing while driving at times pls help.
My mother is suffering from joint pains, specifically at ankles and knees. This we suppose is Arthritis. Now there is also swelling on ankles (leg). Which is best hospital, and the best doctor to go to for treatment. I am very worried, please help.
I have lower left side back pain and left leg pain. While stretching back the knee the pain is there, I feel like some thing is stretching in leg while walking or stretching.
I have very much of back pain, I had stones in my kidneys, how can I get relief from this back pain?
Dear Sir my father have knee joint problems Is there knee joint replacement is only option Available for treatment of knee joint Please guide me properly in this problem.
The human body is able to move fluidly because there are various joints, muscles, tendons and cartilages that work together to make this happen. Movements of the hands, legs, back, hips, knees and wrists are controlled this way. For various reasons, however, these tissues grow stiff, thereby, reducing free movement. Any movement causes pain and stiffness and swelling of the joints, which forces the patient to reduce physical activity. This reduced activity further leads to the joints becoming stiff, thus putting the patient in a difficult position.
What causes it?
The ends of the bone are covered by softer tissue called cartilage, which is responsible for allowing the free movement. In patients with osteoarthritis, this cartilage is lost and the bones rub against each other, producing pain and a crackling sound with the movement. Some of the most common causes include the following:
- Age is the most common cause for osteoarthritis, with lifestyle habits playing a major role in this condition. Most joints would be affected here.
- Obesity is another major cause for osteoarthritis, as the additional weight of the person puts extra pressure on the knees and the legs, leading to the wearing of the joints. The back and lower extremities are more affected than the hands in this case.
- Joint injuries are another common cause for osteoarthritis, which is more localised to the area of injury.
What are the signs and symptoms?
As noted already, painful movement is the most common symptom of osteoarthritis. There could also be swelling and redness around the affected joint(s).
Diagnosis: The doctor will usually be able to identify osteoarthritis after an examination, but in some cases, an X-ray or MRI may be required to confirm the diagnosis.
The treatment for osteoarthritis is multipronged.
- For immediate relief of the pain, non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs are used. In cases of localised symptoms, even topical creams or gels may be used.
- Weight loss is extremely essential, if there is obesity that is causing the osteoarthritis.
- Vitamins and supplements in good amounts can improve bone health and help in preventing and reversing the damage in some patients.
- Heat therapy has proven to be quite useful in many cases to provide temporary relief
- As much as the movement of the joints is painful for the patient, it is only with regular exercise that the joints can be made more flexible and mobile.
- The affected joints need to be specially cared for by avoiding injury and reducing unnecessary movements.
- Role of physiotherapy in the management of OA - Strengthening exercises, Taping, Manual therapy, Education/lifestyle changes, Modalities, Agility and perturbation training.
- The definitive therapy of OA is joint replacement (total/partial knee/hip joint replacement).
In addition, support groups and counselling may also help significantly in patients who find their quality of life being reduced due to this condition. Remember, not all is lost with osteoarthritis. It is definitely possible to get your life back to its earlier days when you were able to move about freely.
He is suffering from poly villonodular synovitis pvns in his left knee from last two and half years. Please suggest what is the best treatment for it?
My right knee pains sometimes. Especially while exercising. It has been pain irregularly since the past 3-4 months.
Dear sir, I am having pain in my both knee joints for the past five to six years which can be able to sustain. But now a days it is paining lot. I am in the age of 55, and I am having doubt if lot of sexual intercourse also a reason for the existing the cartilage and develop pain. Is there any co relation inbeteewn or else it is my only doubt. Pl. Clarify my doubt.
Dr., sir please provide me some best ointment for my hip pain I know this is only muscles pain I already finished my all checkup.
What is the reason leg pains at the time of sleeping and leg become very hot? Could not sleep without washing with cold water.
I am getting back pain from last 2-3 days. I have also observed that it is more while I am sitting on sofa or chair. Need your assistance here.
I'm having pain at right shoulder. This happened when I throwed the ball while playing cricket 2 weeks ago. Used various pain relief gels but of no use. So, can you help for this?
This technique teaches you to control certain body responses that help reduce pain. During a biofeedback session, you're connected to devices that monitor and give you feedback on body functions such as muscle tension, heart rate and blood pressure. You then learn how to reduce muscle tension and slow your heart rate and breathing yourself. Physiotherapist is a best person who can treat very effectively.