Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Srikanth H.mYour feedback matters!
My mom is 47 year old. She is suffering neck and arm pain for two years. The neurologist sugest cervical xray and gives tryptomer10 mg pantocid tab but the pain is not fine. orthopedic doctor gives pantodac and other tablet and neck exercise but the pain is some day low and some day high. We go a ortho neuro physio therapy the neck pain is low but the arm pain is same. What is this? Please gives some better medicine so my mom arm neck pain is complete fine..
I am a 23 years old male and have pain on thigh for 1 year due to accident through bike. What should I do?
Sir I am suffering from dvt last 4 year, (right leg ) now I recover my inr 3. 2, but swelling of leg is not recover, please give me an advice
I have pain in my back. Sometimes I feel like its a survical pain but I am not too sure about it. Can you please help me?
I am 19 years old man I'm suffering from knee pain for last 8 months and I'm consider some doctors they suggest to do so .plz help me.
I am 38 years old. I have slight pain in my knees whenever I climb stairs. What can be the problem or is it because I am overweight (my weight is 100 kgs).
How the frozen shoulder should be treated for a person having age 45 years with no history of sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure.
Mujay gardan our sir Mai dard hota hai iska elaaj chahiyee main bohut pareshan buhut dawian khaliya pharak nhi aya.
I am 67 years male. I am having pain at back & stretch when I make movement in body mostly after leaving bed in the morning and after streching the body feel relief.
Hello I am 21 Years old, there is a pain in my legs about 3-4 Months so prefer me what can I do to remove the pain?
I am a Sr. Citizen aged 76. I want to keep fit. I have knee joint pain as well as Tummy. I want to reduce the tummy. The ads on Sweat and melt type are really useful or they are bogus. Pl advice. Pl suggest exercise routine for me. I am 160 cm tall and weigh 70 Kg. I want to reduce my wt. To 65 kg.
I am 40 years old man with sound health and 70 kg weight. I can not stand for long as the bottom line of my foot getting pain. I don't have sugar but always expose of cholesterol. Please suggest either medicine of any exercise for relieve.
Dear Doctors, I am experiencing pain in my upper right back portion since morning. Wat could be the possible causes.
My hand was fractured for which I was operated a year ago and plates were inserted. I would like know is there any way to remove the operation marks.
The neck and shoulder have a huge range of movement and thus they are more prone to injury. The ball and socket joint at the upper arm is the shoulder and both the neck and the shoulder are made up of soft tissues, muscles and ligaments.
Reasons behind pain Injured rotator cuffs:
Rotator cuffs are the tendons supporting the shoulder. If they are injured it might lead to a chronic loss of the range of movement. This is more commonly known as a frozen shoulder.
- Dislocation: Dislocated disc of the neck or shoulder due to an accident would cause severe pain in the affected area.
- Fractures: Fractured collarbone or the upper arm bone may result in chronic pain.
- Tendonitis: This occurs due to the over usage of the arms or neck or strains due to over exertion like in sports.
- An unstable shoulder joint: If there is instability in the ball and socket joint of the upper arm, chances of having a chronic pain is high. Others: Degenerative arthritis, herniated disc, and even heart attacks can be the other possible causes of chronic neck and shoulder pain.
When to go to the doctor?
When the patient experiences a pain due to a severe blow or injury, the neck pain radiates down the legs and arms, a feeling of numbness and tingling sensation, or has a stiff neck with fever or vomiting, it is essential to seek the advice of a Doctor.
Diagnosis for shoulder and neck pain X-ray:
The main form of diagnosing a pain is an x-ray. It helps to reveal diseases from arthritis, tumour, slipped disc, narrowing spinal cord, fractures and spinal cord instability.
- MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging or simply the MRI reveals the detail of nerve-related issues along with the problems in the ligaments and tendons.
- CT scan: There may be instances when the injuries are difficult to be diagnosed. And, in the case of a fracture, a CT Scan is advised for more details. It is also an alternative to MRI.
- ECG: An Electrocardiogram is a way of diagnosis if shoulder and neck pain continues along with chest pain or shortness of breath. If there is a risk of an individual having a heart attack, then an ECG is recommended.
- Electro Diagnosis: Electromyography referred to as EMG and Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) are used to diagnose pain in the arm, neck, shoulder followed by a numb feeling on the affected areas.
Treatment for chronic shoulder and neck pain
A simple sprain on the neck and shoulder would demand a rest for a few days along with pain medication. If the pain is due to muscle spasms application of dry or moist heat may provide relief. In the case of a swelling due to injuries, a cold ice pack 4 to 8 times a day will provide immense relief. Patients might be advised a cast or sling for the shoulder pain. The soft tissues in the neck and shoulder can be treated with pain relievers taken for a few days. Muscle relaxants are also prescribed depending on the severity of the pain. Local corticosteroid injections are helpful for shoulder arthritis. Platelet rich plasma injection is another modern treatment for arthritis or tendinopathy. In some situation, radio frequency procedures are very helpful. Exercises are very effective for both neck and shoulder pain movement. Surgery might be an option if nerve roots are affected.