Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srikanth
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SrikanthYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from gastric stool. Constipation have. During gas passes urine drop in my pants. Please solve by medicine.
Sir, I am 40 yrs old. When I wake up in the morning I feel tired. I don't feel fresh. My full day seems to be too lazy and tiresome. I got my blood reports which say deficiency of vitamin D and LDL chlorestrol at 130. Please suggest my ahead.
I have been suffering from cold since a week. I took tablets but no result. Can you suggest me a better treatment.
Varicose Veins is a severe medical condition whereby the veins (mostly legs) become swollen, tortuous and dilated, i.e. the veins become varicosed. The Venous blood flows in an upward direction from the feet to the heart. There are special valves present in the veins that assist the upward flow of the blood. Fatigue, prolonged standing, menopause and a number of other factors can weaken the valves. This affects the movement of the blood flow. As a result, some of it leaks and flows back down. The affected veins turn bluish-brown, red or blue. There also occurs dryness, leading to unbearable itching. Redness or the Red Leg syndrome is very common in case of Varicose Veins.
A number of surgical and non-surgical options are available for Varicose Veins. The Ayurvedic treatment, with its effectiveness and negligible or zero side effects, is the most sought after option.
Identifying the root cause
Accurate diagnosis is very important for effective treatment. According to Ayurveda, an imbalance of the Vata (wind and space) plays a pivotal role in Varicose Veins. The role of Rakhta (blood) and Pitta (heat) cannot be neglected either. Thus, restoring the Vata balance becomes a very important part of the treatment.
The Vata balance can be easily restored by following a healthy lifestyle and having an equally healthy and nutritious diet:
- Citrus fruit like Amla works miraculously to revitalise the fatigued and Varicosed vein.
- Include fresh fruits, whole grains (oats, millets to name a few) and proteins (milk, eggs, fish and chicken) in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
- Red meat and spicy foods should be strictly avoided.
- Garlic, onion and ginger are very beneficial. Consume them regularly.
- Do not indulge in rigorous exercise or walking. Never soak your feet in cold water after exercise. It can prove to be detrimental for Varicose Veins.
- Do not compromise on your sleep. A rejuvenated body and a relaxed mind can enhance the healing process greatly.
Ayurvedic medicines and herbs for treating Varicose Veins
A number of Ayurvedic medicines are available that treats Varicose Veins very effectively:
- Kaishora guggulu: Being a natural cleanser of blood, Kaishora guggulu is an obvious choice for Varicose Veins.
- Sarivadyasava: It goes a long way to detoxify the blood naturally.
- Chirabilvadi kashaya: It is very effective in case of haemorrhoids.
Sahacharadi: It is amazing herbal oil that provides great relief. Tender application of Sahacharadi over the varicose vein/ veins can work wonders. Herbs like Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Brhami go a long way to restore the Vata balance. Do not lose sleep over Varicose Veins. The best and most effective Ayurvedic treatment is just a click away. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.