Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SrikanthYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old when I brush my teeth it's blood every where in mouth or bleeding from teeth Please give suggestion.
Regarding my re rct I have got 2 opinions, one dentist is suggesting re rct, crown lengthening, post and core and then cap, another dentist is saying to leave it as it is for now as there is no pain, just put a cap on, I am confused pls advise, the x ray showed one white root not touching the bottom and some black accumulation at the bottom also.
Hi sir/madam. My Age 23 from Hyderabad Suffering from Tongue tie. Is there any better medicine treatment in Hyderabad without do surgery r is surgery good to do .If I took surgery should I speak clearly. Give me some advices. Thank you.
What is best alternate available to implant as I am afraid of getting it done. I am 50 yr old. Gums are not too good, my doctor told me that implant is possible. Please advice, today I am using removable denture for upper 2 front teeth.
I used baking soda on gum bleeding is it good I got benefit. Is any good toothpaste for it Paradontax paste has waste my money.
Tooth sensitivity is a condition when the nerve ending in the teeth are overly sensitive to hold hot and cold conditions. Drinking and eating hot or cold food may cause a sharp pain in the tooth. A material called dentin, which is what makes up the inside of your tooth, is protected by the enamel in the crown and the cementum in the root of the tooth. In cases when the dentin loses its covering, teeth may be become sensitive.
Causes of sensitive teeth
1. Inflammation caused by bacteria may lead to sensitive teeth.
2. Gum diseases such as gingivitis may cause the gums to retract and reveal the roots of your teeth.
3. Constantly grinding your teeth can cause the enamel to break down, which leads to exposure of the dentin.
4. Accumulation of plaque can cause sensitive teeth.
5. Various acidic foods such as lemon cause the enamel to be worn out.
6. Sensitive teeth is caused by decay of the tooth.
7. Various dental procedures such as teeth restoration and cleaning of the teeth cause the teeth to be sensitive.
Treatments for sensitive teeth
1. You need to use dental products that contain fluoride. Fluoride products tend to decrease teeth sensitivity.
2. Restrict consumption of acidic foods such as lemon and some dairy products.
3. If you grind your teeth then start using mouth guard.
4. Follow proper dental hygiene, such as brushing and flossing on a regular basis to keep teeth sensitivity at bay.
5. You should use a toothbrush that has soft bristles so that the gum tissue is not affected while brushing.
6. You may use a toothpaste that has been made for people who have sensitive teeth.
7. You may apply fluoride varnishes to root surfaces that have been exposed.
8. You may cover up root surfaces with white fillings.
9. Application of dentin sealers to root surfaces that have been exposed may help in preventing tooth sensitivity.
10. Laser is also effective to fix tooth sensitivity.
I had my right lower wisdom tooth extracted one week before. It was simple extraction without any surgery n thus no stitches. Now when I apply Rexidin-M gel to that area I can feel that the skin is in much better condition. Becoming flat day by day. But I'm feeling slight pressure like sensation around my right side chin area n neck too if I lift my mouth for gargles. Not exactly pain. But if I touch my chin then slight pain n pressure like something is stretching there. Is it normal? I have checked with my doctor also the day after the tooth extraction in the next two days also, he didn't notice anything serious but now since m back to my workplace I can not check with the doctor. I ll see the doctor this weekend. Meanwhile I want to know is the symptoms normal. M taking ketrol DT whenever I experience any pain n pain becomes normal after it.
My teeth feel sensitive. It's from 1 week. I use sensitivity toothpaste. It's the same. What should I do ?
I am 20 years boy actually I had a problem of yellow teeth. How to make it white is this will be possible with doctor consultancy or by following any items while brushing. Since of yellow teeth I am scared of laughing loudly and unable to speak with my friends or colleagues properly.
I have cavities and also have carious in my teeth. Have you any mediation or aurvedic appliances for it. What should I have to do?
I am suffering from pain in molar teeth of right side and also in lower side of jaw so can you please suggest me what to do.
If mouth ulcer occur in different place again and again for more than 25 days. Is it a symptoms of cancer?
I am having problem of mouth burning. Any spices or salty food eat I feel burning in mouth and on younger .my family doctor told me reason to low B12 level .my tongue and mouth burning .even my digestion is very poor. Pls advise me proper treatment and cause of mouth burning. No ulcer in mouth or on tongue. Even my mouth and tongue Alway in red color. M y teeth also very sensitive.
I have been through root canal for one of my tooth. It was ok when it was done but after two days I got pain there which lasted for 3-4 days and it itself got cured ,I mean without any use any tablets I've got relief from it. It's around 6 months from the date I have done root canal, suddenly it started to pain from yesterday. The outer look of cap was perfect. Pain was uncontrollable even after taking pain killer it's paining after 5 hours. Can any one tell me the reason and precautions, what should be followed.
1.Baking soda - Baking soda is one of the best ingredients that you can use to get rid of yellow teeth. It will help remove plaque and make your pearly whites shine.
Recipe: Mix a quarter teaspoon of baking soda with a little toothpaste. Brush your teeth with this gritty mixture and rinse with warm water. Use it once or twice a week. Alternatively, you can combine baking soda with lemon juice, white vinegar, or hydrogen peroxide.
You can make a whitening mouthwash by mixing one tablespoon of baking soda and one and a half teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide with one cup of cold water. Rinse with the mouthwash two or three times a day.
You can also scrub your teeth gently for at least two minutes with diluted baking soda. Do this twice in the first week, and then every 15 days. It is essential to note that excess use of baking soda can strip your teeth of its natural enamel.
2. Orange Peel: Cleaning your teeth with the fresh orange peel on a regular basis will reduce the yellow tinge accumulated on your teeth. Rub orange peel over your teeth every night before going to sleep. The vitamin c and calcium in the orange peel will combat the microorganisms throughout the night. Do this for a few weeks and you will notice effective results.
If the fresh orange peel is not available, you can use dried orange peel powder.
3. Strawberries: Strawberries contain a good amount of vitamin c, which helps make your teeth whiter. Grind a few strawberries into a paste. Rub the paste on your teeth gently. If done twice daily for a few weeks, the yellow tinge on your teeth will vanish.
Another option is to mix the pulp of one strawberry with one-half teaspoon of baking soda and spread the mixture onto your teeth and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse out your mouth and brush your teeth with toothpaste to get rid of any residue.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide: The mild bleaching effect of hydrogen peroxide can help make yellow teeth white again. Rinse and gargle with a mouthwash that has hydrogen peroxide. Make sure not to swallow the hydrogen peroxide. You can also make a paste of baking soda with hydrogen peroxide and gently brush your teeth with it. Later, brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste. Use hydrogen peroxide with extra caution as it can cause irritation of the gums and make your teeth sensitive.
5. Lemon: The bleaching property present in lemons can also help get rid of yellow discoloration. In fact, gargling with lemon juice and scrubbing your teeth with lemon peel is one of the best ways to make your teeth white again. Mix together a few drops of lemon juice and some salt. Apply the mixture on the stained teeth and rub the paste vigorously over your teeth and gums. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Do this twice daily for about two weeks to get rid of tartar and the yellow tinge.