Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SrikantayaYour feedback matters!
Tried everything. laser dermarolling chemical peels .no improvement in melasma spots left behind by àcne on both cheeks and worsened by son exposure. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Hi I'm 21 years old female. My problem is my cheeks turn red always whenever I go outside it looks so weird plzz doctor help me wat should I do?
Hi sir. My name Satish. I am 25 I need your suggestion. I have a problem I am suffering with block spots on my nose from 2 years. I consult some doctors they suggest some creams but still it is not gone. Thanks & regards Satish.
The wretched hot sweltering summers are here. No matter what you seem to do, your skin seems to sweating profusely and spoiling your make up. Those blackheads and pimples seem to appearing form nowhere.
Your hair itches like you haven’t washed it for days even though you washed it yesterday. Your skin seems to get darker day by day, due to the harsh sun. The weather seems to be taking a toll on your skin.
So, what to do now?
Well, I am going to give you some simple tips to take care of your skin, health and hair this summer.
Hence some of the tips to protect you from the harsh sun are:
• Wear an antiperspirant powder and perfume, so that you do not sweat too much and have wet patches on the back of your T-shirt.
• Wear a hat and a scarf every time you got out in the sun, as prevention is better than cure.
• Make sure that you wear a sunscreen every time you go out in the sun.
• Wash your hair thrice a week instead of twice a week to get rid of the sweat that accumulates on your scalp.
• Have a bath after you come from office. In summers, it is better to have a bath thrice a day, to remove the sweat that accumulates on your body and cleanse your skin pores.
• Eat healthy; eat a lot of fruits and salads as they have a cooling effect on your body. Green leafy vegetables, colorful vegetables and fruits help to detoxify your system, keep you healthy and cool.
• Drink a lot of water, Water is the ultimate energy giving drink. Drink lots of water as you sweat a lot during summer, hence, your body needs more water to flush out the toxins.
• Drink coconut water or sugarcane juice, as both the drinks are natural and the best antidote for summer.
• Avoid going out in the sun. Don’t step out of the house between 12 to 4 in the noon as the sun is at its peak temperature during this time.
• Drink a lot of fresh fruit juices and glucose; they will keep you going throughout the day.
• Wear loose cotton clothes like kurtis and leggings.
Hence, these are some of the tips you ought to follow if you want to beat the heat and have a cool summer. Going out for a short vacation might also do the trick of beating the heat!
How to escape from skin tanning? My age is 14 yrs. I use to play games so I hav the problem of tanning so how can I escape from skin tanning.
I am getting dark circle near the eye area. I am using spectacle for last 10 years and as I am a software engg avoiding computer is impossible. Please give me some tips to get rid of it naturally.
I have some dark spots on face and whiteheads (milia ) on face how can I reduce ? Suggest me any medicine or face cream.
I have a black marks on my face I use clear gel and other ointments for cure bt there is no result so please give me a good suggestion for my problem.
Sometimes when work I get rashes or redness between my legs and intimate parts. I used a lot of petroleum jelly. Is there something better I can use. This only occurs during summer and then I sweat.
I have black scarps and spots on my tummy after pregnancy. My pregnancy is normal please give me suggestion to remove spots.
On my face black hairs and pimples. I m daily use patanjli face wash but black hates not going tell me something about this problem.
I am 30 yrs old female, since few months my body skin i. E. Forearms, legs and neck area is drying and wrinkles are forming. What can I do to get back healthy, moisture intact and wrinkle free skin? is this due to lack of essential vitamins required in healing of skin cells?
I am just 13 years old and found some reddish chunks in my poo. I feel worried, about that it can be a cancer or results of internal bleeding in stomach. Please help me.
I have white white spots on my face. I used a face cream but spots are not control. Please give me some advise.
In my face a dark circles of black colour Pls suggest best UK already use many medicine but some circle not clear fully.
How to fix Hollow dark circles around eye .can I take any vitamins please .suggest any eye cream to lighten n cover hollowness around eyes.
Injury, lingering infirmity deprives the body of the nutrients which are necessary for healthy skin, inflammatory diseases, several hours of heat and sun exposure or contact with sun can all cause discolored skin. If Melanin (whichever of the diverse black, dark brown, auburn, or yellow color of living things as skin color or hair color and eye color) is produced in abundance due to some physiological imbalances, it can result in that area of the body to get darker than the rest.
On the other hand, if there is a decrease in Melanin production then you could get lighter skin patches known as Vitiligo . While most pigmentation anomaly entails patches of skin, others affect the entire body. Depending on the two different conditions the terms hyper-pigmentation (excessive) and hypo-pigmentation (moderate) have been coined. Most women face problems of hyper-pigmentation during pregnancy and after child birth due to over secretion of hormones. 'Mask of pregnancy' is a new age term given to this condition in pregnant women. Most cases are reversible; some might last an entire lifetime, if medical attention is not available at the right time. Hypo-pigmentation should not be mistaken with Albinism, which is a genetic condition.
Albinism is characterized by almost no secretion of melanin. Staying out for very long hours in the sun may cause sunburns, when the skin turns brown or red according to one’s color, once this condition heals (after most of the burnt or dead skin peels off), the tanned portions may remain. Fungal contamination such as ringworm may set off stained skin patches. A compromised immune system can result in discolored skin as well. A frequent allergy that causes skin to get discolored is eczema. Birthmarks are also a kind of discolored skin.
It is wise for you to visit a dermatologist when you start noticing a sudden change in your skin color for no apparent reason, a patch that does not get relieved by OTC medicines or experience a burning or itching sensation on the skin etc. A dermatologist after evaluating your skin and putting you through a couple of basic questions would recommend ointments and oral medicines. He/she may also ask for blood tests to get done. Treatment would solely depend on the primary cause.
Treatment and prevention
- In general, most skin discoloration issues can be dealt with the help of creams containing glycolic acid, hydroquinone, lactic acid and retinoid. These are easily available in the market.
- But care must be taken to not expose yourself to the harmful UV rays of the sun. A sunscreen with the correct SPF count is a must before you venture outdoors. Remember that one should not skip the sunscreen even during the winters.
- Laser therapy and chemical peels will only be considered once topical treatment fails.
- Your diet should include plenty of vegetables and fruits; consume plenty of fluids to flush out toxins. Regular exercising promotes better blood circulation that helps prevent such issues concerning discoloration.
Supplements of Vitamins A, C and E are also prescribed in combination with Vitamin B to improve the overall skin condition. Simple home remedies including lime juice, milk, curd and honey applied on the affected spots with homemade scrubs can help remedy the issue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.