Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Srikanta. S. S.Your feedback matters!
Can people type 2 diabetic drink alcohol and smoking cigarettes? What is side effect? Liver function? Heart function? And lung?
I have problem of weakness body pains joint pains fells weak all the day and tired my tsh level is 14.32 and today my doctor prescribe thyroxine sodium ip 100 mg for 15 day is my all problem is cause by tsh.
My mother have problem of diabetes, b. P & thyroid. So please consult right precaution & home made remedies.
I AM 62 YEARS OLD MALE, DIABETIC TYPE II PATIENT for last 18 years having present sugar level is 100-110/160-170. Taking following medicine on regular basis: ZANUMET 50/500 twice daily (before b/f.
Last week I hav checked my blood sugar on fasting it came 130, but Hba1c comes 5.6% and ABG comes 114. So please consult what to do or do some home remedy.
I am a Thyroid and pcos patient. Have done everything but I lack energy. Can't exercise. I'm going to gym regularly. My sister gifted me black spider25 fat burner. It hs mentioned if we are thyroid or diabetes patient, consult your doctor before taking dos capsules. Dis capsules contains Bladderwrack (whole thallus) a sea vegetable concentrated source of minerals. Magnesium iodine potassium calcium etc. Nd Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCI) Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate): This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. Can I take dis fat burner. please tell me, as I need to reduce my weight as soon as possible. But confused for ds medicine. My t3 is 153 ng/dl T4 is 12.4 Tsh is 3.09. I'm taking glyciphage 500 twice a day for pcos nd eltroxin 50 fr thyroid ANd homeopathy for pcos:) I dnt know whether to take dis medicine wid glyciphage or not.
I am 38 years female. I have hypothyroid for 27 years. I am on thyroxine. Can my thyroid be cured completely? I also have r.arthritis. I have joint pains occasional. Please guide.
I am residing in kuwaitand am from mumbai. I am 51 yrs I am 51 51 yrs ild and pure vegetarian jain. My weight is 85 kgs. I have high BP like 180/190 for which I am taking 1 tab a day zestril (astrazeneca) 20 mg, I have cholesterol in liver for which I take lipanthyl (recipharm contain) 145 mg, my blood sugar at fasting is 200. I have high TG in blood for which I take proton (pantoprazole) 40 mg, I have slip disk problem in L4 and L5, which cause lot of pain and always swelling at back, pls suggest me what to eat and what to do to improve my health condition. Thank you so much for the help.
I, m a sugar patient. Help to get thin body I, m very fat. My body have a lot of fat. please help me out.
1)Consume the mixture of fresh juice of CUCUMBER, BITTER GOURD and TOMATO(one each in quantity ) early in the morning on an empty stomach.
2)Jamun fruit seeds should b powdered n consumed twice/day with warm water on empty stomach.
3)Chew 7 leaves of neem on empty stomach early in the morning.
4)Powder of fenugreek seeds,neem leaves,bitter gourd, black jeera. .When consumed twice a day on empty stomach is highly beneficial.
NOTE: people with allergy to bitter gourd can skip it.To avoid allergic reactions.
I am 25 years female, got thyroid 2 years back. Doctors said it's an pregnancy thyroid, and I had asked to take tablets regularly. Recently my TSH level got increased to 6.6 and weight increased to 110 kgs. Now I'm worried whether it will affect my baby because I'm feeding him.
There are many myths about diabetes, especially related to what you can eat and what you can’t. Lots of people think that diabetics shouldn’t eat sweets at all. This is not true. Similarly, all carbs and fats are not bad. A high protein diet is also not required and there are no special diabetic meals. So, what should you as a diabetic, eat to combat diabetes? Read on to find out:
- Low glycemic index foods: Complex carbs are best for you as they limit the amount of sugar released into your blood stream and are digested more slowly and prevent your body from releasing too much insulin. These are also called low GI foods as well as slow-release carbs and are also high in fibre. Processed carbs like white bread, pasta, and rice, as well as sodas, packaged meals, and snacks must be junked. These are all called high glycemic index (GI) foods and spike your blood sugar.
- Manage sugar wisely: Diabetes doesn’t mean that you can’t eat sugar or desserts. It means you have to be smart with sugar, like
- Take smaller servings of your favourite desserts as they are best eaten in moderation.
- Reduce the sugar in your diet slowly rather than at once. This will give your taste buds some time to adjust, reducing sugar cravings.
- If you want to eat dessert, hold back on carbs in a meal. Balance out meals so that you don’t eat too many carb-heavy foods.
- Add some healthy fat to your diet, as it slows down the digestive process, which means that your blood sugar levels don’t spike as quickly.
- Eat sweets along with a meal and not alone: Sweets eaten alone can spike your blood sugar levels a lot.
- Don’t drink alcohol: Alcohol is full of calories and carbs and cocktails are loaded with sugar. Alcohol can interfere with diabetes medication and insulin, as well.
- Avoid junk, soft drinks, soda and juices: They are all packed with sugar.
- Avoid processed or packaged foods: These are loaded with hidden sugars. Eat food cooked at home.
- Remember high protein diets are not always good: Studies have shown that if you eat too much protein, especially animal protein, you may become insulin resistant. A healthy diet for diabetics includes protein, carbohydrates, and fats for the body to function properly.
- Eat more of these
- Healthy fats found in raw nuts, olive oil, fish oils, and flax seeds.
- Also eat more fruits and vegetables. Avoid juices.
- Eat more high fibre cereals.
- And avoid foods like
- Trans fats which means all deep-fried foods
- Fast foods, especially cakes, pastries, and chips
- Red meat
Remember, your overall eating patterns are very important. It’s also important to eat at regular intervals and avoid missing meals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.