Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Srikant ShankarYour feedback matters!
1) Me and my girlfriend had sex on 2march and our condom broke in between our intercourse during which I didn't ejaculate yet, she took IDOZ 72 in 3 hrs, now from 11march on wards she is having bleeding with pains and her breasts are soft what could be the reason, is she pregnant? 2) we both had dry humping, she was having her pant and inner while I was naked, I didn't ejaculate but her pant area felt wet can she be pregnant?
Sir I am having a breast lump, outer quadrant n painless. Oval shaped encapsulated hypoechoic lesion of size -17.8 *12 mm noted at 10 O'clock position of right breast - fibroadenoma. Glucose (random) 81.0 .biological reference intervals <200 mg/dl. Thyroid hormone assay - TSH (3rd generation) 2.29.biological reference intervals 0.39-5.55μIU/ml. Doctor wat does ths suggest. please reply.
Is it normal for the breast tissue to move under finger? When touched do breast tissue move in lower inner quadrant? Age 19 yrs.
I am 25 years old. Previously I got surgery for brest lumps at right. Now I got lumps at left side also and I have a lump at my right hand. I went to a gynic, she examined and said it was not harmful. If you want surgery you can if you do not want just leave them. Previous surgery results was also normal. But now I feel swelling under arms on left side. Please suggest me that it is better to go for a surgery for that?
What are sytoms of cancer how can it be cured what is the reason behind white scars on the screen and the symptoms of stomachache.
My uncle is having oral cancer and he hv been operated also but now even after operation his cancer is spreading and reached the other side of mouth he also have 2 small pockets of pus on the other side his has swelling on all over his mouth and his will power is very less. Dr. which they were consulted said he can not operate the other side you have to take chemotherapy. Why he cannot be operated on the other side is there any way to cure his cancer please help me prescribe some suggestions plz.
I am 48 years old. Had mastectomy in 2007 t1n1mo right breast. Had chemotherapy 6 cycles and 5 years of tamoxifen. A recent breast ultrasound shows some simple cysts in the left breast. What does it indicate? is there any chance of these cysts turning malignant please Advice.
Causes and symptoms of enlarged prostate
The problem of an enlarged prostate or benign prostate hyperplasia is a very common occurrence as you grow older. It's known to strike men above the age of 50, with more than 50% of men after the age of 60, having this complaint.
Causes of enlarged prostate
A non-cancerous condition, enlarged prostate makes the passing of urine from the bladder through the urethra difficult. The multiplication of the prostate cells causes an enlargement of the gland, leading to a buildup of pressure on the urethra, affecting the discharge of urine from the body. The narrowing of the urethra, due to this benign condition, forces the bladder to contract more vigorously so as to push urine out of the body.
As time passes, the muscles of the bladder get significantly affected, causing them to become extremely sensitive, thicker and stronger. As a consequence, the bladder begins to contract, even if the amount of urine in the organ is negligible, causing episodes of frequent urination. Gradually, the bladder fails to completely empty itself of urine due to the constriction of the urethra. This can give rise to a number of health problems including the formation of bladder stones, urinary tract infections, blood in the urine and so on.
How can you identify the signs of the condition?
Signs of enlarged prostate are very easy to identify and include:
- A slow or weak urine flow
- Difficulty in initiating urination
- Instances of frequent urination
- A feeling of not completely emptying one's bladder
- Frequent urination during the night
- Exerting a lot to urinate
- Instances of dribbling
- Urgency to pass urine
- A feeling of urinating again minutes after doing so
- Urination that starts and stops
I want to question to you what cous of disis to heart and what kind of saf to tham I realy now to and what kind of simtam tu cancer.
I have pain in my left breast there is no lump can you tell me how to differentiate between heart problem or breast cancer and their symptoms.
In our modern life, cancer is the most dreaded disease of all. Despite substantial advances in medical science, there hasn't been much of a progress in the treatment available for cancer. The mortality rate for cancer is still on the rise and all this, in spite of all kinds of sophisticated treatments at our disposal.
Cancer is rather a torturous experience, not merely on account of the terminal consequence, but also of the extreme physical and emotional suffering that one has to endure. What's worse is that often all the efforts are rendered vain. In that context, a large number of people have started looking towards alternative therapies as a cure for cancer. Serious forms of cancers like blood cancer or leukemia are often formidable and do not respond favourably to the clinical treatments. Consequently, despite all attempts and humongous investments, the casualties are on the rise. To counter such threats, people are growingly moving towards alternative remedies. Among the other natural cures, Ayurveda has garnered a lot of interest and approval.
Ayurveda has devised a holistic process that potentially cures you of blood cancer and endows you with a fresh leash of life. As per Ayurveda, the main causes of cancer may be enumerated as genetic imbalances, exposure to harmful radiation, stressful and unhealthy lifestyle and consumption of degenerating food items. As such, Ayurveda tries to heal not just the disease but also the germ of the disease and in the process, improves your well-being.
Ayurveda grapples with blood cancer in the following ways:
- Adjuvant to ongoing treatment: You may be skeptical of depending entirely on Ayurveda as a remedy for cancer. As such, Ayurvedic treatments may be used as ancillaries alongside the ongoing chemotherapy and radiology. Ayurveda stimulates your in built immunity and thus prolongs and rejuvenates your lifespan. That aside, the natural benefits that Ayurveda provides your body reduce the side effects of chemotherapy and help in complete remission of the disease.
- Rasashastra: Ayurveda deems the imbalance in your genetic code to be the main cause of cancer. Therefore, it believes that remedy lies in 'pitta' restoration. Under this treatment, Ayurveda uses a combination of metals vis-a-vis the purest elements to minimize the deterioration of the condition. A unique combination of silver, gold and other essential minerals can be wondrous to boost the immunity of the cells and restore the normal cell production rate in your marrows. This goes a long way in obliterating the damage caused by blood cancer.
- The right diet: Consuming the most favourable foods are essential while battling cancer. An alkaline diet comprising of coconut water, warm, fresh nutritious food like leafy greens, apples and nuts must be regularly consumed. Greasy, spicy and lavish dishes should be avoided since they are known to generate harmful 'ama' in your body.