Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Srikant S. IyengarYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old, while movement of shoulders I feel like my shoulder bones are grinding. What is reason behind these. And how can I cure it?
I am suffering with cervical spondylitis. Not able to sleep night. Serve pain. Can anyone suggest pain relief techniques?
Dear dr's am 32 years old am having pain in leg join when I driving long drive am having two wheeler.
Hello doctor! my age is 53, I have been suffering from cervical and backache since my childhood. What is the possible cause and what are the remedies?
I am having left knee pain. I am getting left knee pain wguke gettingup chair, after sitting on a chair for some time.
I had second c- section operation on 27th Oct 2016. After operation I had back pain. Now few months onwards I am unable to sit on chair or sofa comfortable. Once after sitting if I want get up from chair my back bomb are paining very badly. Can you please adjust some medicine.
I am suffering from lower back pain from last one year and I am just 18 years old. So can you suggest me what should I do?
I have spinal stenosis degenerative spondylitis lumbar and I have muscle spasms and knots threw out my body what can I do to relieve the pain.
Sir I have pain in back from 2 years I have mri report but no nuro problem but I lift some more weight so Dr. Say stretch in muscles. Sir there is continuous pain in back and when pain is more then pain in leg bone difficult to walk sometimes. I consult Dr. Again he say for exercise.
Severe pain in right shoulder, radiating to right arm. C4-c5 disc degeneration on MRI. Possible treatments?
How long can pregbalin be taken safely for back pain due to degenerative disc disease? how should I wean from/stop it? please can you suggest a mild pain killer that I could take, instead when required? I suffer from inflammatory bowel disease and take providac when I have stomach pain iam also allergic to ibuprofen kindly reply doctor thanks for your time.
Chronic back pain may occur due to a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it may be due to conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis and at other times, it may be due to an injury or a slip disc caused by such an injury. Injuries to the spinal cord can also trigger chronic back pain. There are numerous ways of dealing with chronic back pain, which may be debilitating, if not treated properly.
10 ways of managing this pain.
- Medication: One of the ways of managing chronic back pain is with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs as well as pain killers like ibuprofen. However, do keep in mind that these medicines must be consumed only if they are prescribed by the doctor. Anticonvulsants and anti-depressants can also help in preventing pain that emanates from the nerves of the region.
- Surgery: Surgery can be done by the doctors in case the pain is extreme and severe. This kind of surgery usually aims at implanting devices and tools that can support the slipped disc, which may cause pinched nerves.
- Electrotherapy: This kind of therapy can help in reducing pain by releasing low-voltage electric stimulation that helps in dealing with the sensory nervous system.
- Exercises: Muscle strengthening exercises will help in a better balance. Also, other physiotherapy exercises can help in reducing back pain significantly by targeting the points that create pain and by pinching of the nerves.
- Relaxation techniques: There are a number of relaxation techniques that one can turn to so as to reduce the pain. This pain can also be managed with the help of meditation and breathing exercises, which can serve as an alternative means of treatment.
- Rest: With proper rest, one can do away with chronic pain. Yet, if it is a nerve-based issue, then the doctor may ask you not too lie down for long stretches and to walk regularly so that inflammation and pain does not set in.
- Heat: Heat therapy or heat compresses as well as hot water bags can be used for pain relief.
- Prolotherapy: In this method, an irritant solution is injected into the back so as to stimulate better blood circulation. This process also aids in faster ligament repair.
- Opioid fusion pump installation: These pumps are surgically implanted so that opioid agents are delivered straight to the spinal cord, which can treat and manage chronic back pain.
- Injections: These are usually considered as blocks that deliver steroids to the ligaments and joints. Also, one may have to take corticosteroid injections in order to deal with a very painful case. These epidural injections are usually best for temporary relief. One will need more long term treatment or management methods in order to effectively deal with and reduce pain.