Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srikant B SYour feedback matters!
What is link between calcium deficiency and new born child? Describe about calcium deficiency in a new born child?
Hi , my daughter has 2years 6months old, she is not properly sleeping in night, from last one month. After sleeping 1to 2 hrs she wake up and starts crying, and cry for hour then sleep then again some time starts crying.
The most advanced and effective communication device in this century is mobile phone. Mobile phone is not only being used by the corporate or highly qualified professional. People from all type of social group have mobile phone in their hands now. Usage of the mobile phone is not increased only with all social groups but also with people of all age groups. Children are the more noticeable group as they are using cell phones of all types. A recent research study shows that children are really capable of using any advanced type of mobile phones even without any proper guidance. Though mobile phones are the effective mode of communication, it is a well known fact that it also has adverse side effects if being over used. The mobile phones emit shockwave radioactive radiations that affect the body in various manners.
Adverse effects of mobile phone usage:
Today's children are growing up in a radio-frequency environment that never existed in human history before. The radiation emitted by mobile phones and mobile phone masts can have adverse effects on children. Some include:
- Affects your Immunity Status: cell phones after a full day usage contains many germs on their display which are highly numbered than your toilet seats. These germs are easily transferred to your body as you touch frequently or use close to your face for talking. This increases the risk of exposure to the germs and reduces your immune strength as immune status are not fully developed for children.
- Increase Risk of Chronic Pains: prolonged use of mobile phones for playing games or texting requires continuous movement for your hands which may develop chronic pain in joints of your shoulders and hands.
- Vision Problem: children when concentrate much on playing games in mobile phone they even fail to blink frequently with the increased interest and attraction towards the game. This causes the dryness of the conjunctiva and also increases the ocular tension.
- Affects your emotions negatively and increases the stress level
Mobile Phone Safety For Kids:
As a parent, you must take preventive measures to minimize your child's exposure to the harmful effects of mobile phones. These include:
- Do not give cell phone if your child is under 16 years. A child's brain is too sensitive to withstand the effects of mobile radiation.
- Do not let your child hold a mobile phone directly up to his head. Use an air-tube headset instead.
- Do not let your child make calls in buses, trains, cars, and elevators. The mobile phone works harder to get the signal out through the metal, which increases the power level.
- Do not let your child use cell phone when the signal is weak. It will increase the power to the maximum, as the phone attempts to connect to a new relay antenna.
- Limit the use of cell phone around children.
- Make sure that there is no mobile phone mast or network tower near your home or your kid's school.
- Do not let children take mobile phones to school.
- Do not leave mobile phones in your children's bedroom at night.
My daughter age 6 suffers frequently with allergic cough, doctor gives anti-allergic drugs like-montair, levo cetrigen, asthalin, please suggest.
I am 16 years old and my height is not increasing and I want my height to grow naturally not by any operations or injections.
Hi my daughter is 85 days old and she doing vomit after giving any medicine. How I can give her drops like folicin or drops for cough.
My child had cough and fever post Consulting with Dr. he is not feeling good with cough. What should I do?
My baby now 3 and half months I do not know we have to do head and nose shape but im not done this now I can do the shape or not the shape was now came or not.
Hello mam. My daughter is 2yrs nw she just keeps crying without any reason aftr having full meals she just always wants me to carry her in my lap. Wat can I do for dis pls do help me.
My son is about 5 years old. On 19/07/2016, suddenly his movement was abnormal and became unresponsive for 1 minute, associated with uprolling of eye balls and frothing from mouth. His body temperature was very high about 102 F. He rushed to Max and doctor admitted for 1 day and gave a medicine as Crocin and Meftal-P. He was discharged on 20/07/2016 as well condition. But, on 22/07/2016, He is suffering from leg pain and leg is not properly moving. Please advice.
Dental pain is the worst pain encountered by us among all other pains.
So let us have a look at different remedies and solutions to dental pain.
A. Neemba a herb easily available best for soothing pain.
B. Haridra another herb to apply and gargle for tooth pain.
C. Baool is good for any tooth pain or decay.
D. Marich or black pepper is good for dental pain in ayurveda.
E. Asoka tree bark skin in warm water and gargle is good to relieve pain.
F. Kanchanara guggul 2 pills twice daily relieves inflammation swelling due to dental pain and infection.
A. Merc sol is a medicine for dental pain in homeopathic
B. Coffea is a homeopathic medicine for dental pain and hot food sensitivity.
C. Sepia is a medicine for sweet food pain in teeth.
D. Kreosote for dental pain gum inflammation gum bleeding and radiating pains to ear and head.
E. Mezereum medicine in homeopathy for carious tooth.
3. House hold things to relieve pain.
A. Hing ????
4. Treatment through dental clinics are also there which includes elaborate description.
A. X rays like iopa cbct opg ct scan etc
B. Rct root canal treatment.
C. Scaling and root planing.
E. Muscle relaxants and painkillers along with proper treatment procedure.
I. Splinting and prosthesis like bridge crown or composite.
My daughter is of 5 years,she never demands food out of hunger ,very fussy eater and is underweight.Plz help
Hi Dr. my baby 7 months old. Suffering with cough from todays. We r using ambrodil-s syrup with 1 ml dosage. Is it ok?
My son who is 2 years and 4 months sleeps from early in the morning until evening and he is awake the whole night and always watching kids videos on mobile all through night.
I have little son equal to 3 years old but sometime he is suffering from cough so he cant sleep easily because he cant take breath easily please give me best suggestion.
Congenital Orthopedic disorders in Children
Hi, I'm a 14 years old girl. I am a boyish type of girl, I don't really go out of the house don't have a boyfriend since birth, I'm very focused on my study, and I'm an achiever in our school as well, And when I go out my parents are always w/ me, I masturbate w/ my pants and panties on but just rubbing it not fingering. So I have this very strange feeling, & I don't even want to mention it cause it's very impossible. Because after I go biking on thursday my nipples hurt when they're slightly touched, is it because I only wear sando bras instead of bras? And also my pimples are coming out. I didn't get my period yet but there's also a problem in my period, Cause when I got it It's like a flood flowing and lasts until 1-2 months and skips form 3-4 months that's also the reason why we go to a ob gyn for a check up last summer, And then the ob gyn gave me some trust pills which has numbers of days in it and has yellow and brown color. But still my period skips 1 month now only and when I got it it only lasts 5 days. Then in the evening I only ate a little amount for dinner and just ate breakfast w/ one scoop of rice only in the 10/11am, I didn't ate lunch, But I take snacks SOMETIMES in the afternoon (That's the way I eat and been months since I do this) And I also often drink soft drinks. I drink them like water when I get thirsty. So later on in that evening. I slept at 11pm and just suddenly woke up at 1am w/ sort of nausea, A little Abdominal pain, I got cold, I urinate frequently but a just a little amount of urine, I farted a lot, My tummy is bloating, I cannot finish a yawn, I have a little blood in my rectal, I have hard and liquid stools, And I cannot go back to sleep so I stay awake until 6am. Then when I take my breakfast I like to vomit it but I forced myself to eat it but then I didn't vomit it but I had hard time chewing it. Pls help me. I'm very worried and confused now!
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.