Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. SrihariYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I am 22 years old. Usually I am very cool. But in some situations I get tensed and get angry. Please suggest me how to reduce the anger.
Here are three top tips to help improve couple compatibility.
*Make time and Talk to Each Other: Share your day with your partner. Talk about the good things that happened, the challenges you faced and anything that strengthens the mental bond.
*Stop Criticizing: this is Something that couples desperately need to work upon. You don't have to be harsh while telling your complaints given the fact you'd have to wake up right next to your partner every day. Try converting your complaints into requests for change in them.
*Help Each Other in Your work:
Just extend your helping hand to help your partner in the things that they do. Sometimes, saying ""I am here for you"" is good enough for the person."
It may sometimes so happen that your partner may prefer texting someone else over talking to you. Also sometimes this seemingly harmless habit can turn into an obsession, when your partner just can’t help but steal glances at his phone while you two are trying to enjoy a romantic dinner. If this turns into a constant habit that just doesn’t wear off, then chances are you’re being phubbed by your partner, and what is happening to you has a specific name. It’s called p-phubbing, which is the act of snubbing your partner by being glued to the phone.
What phubbing is doing to your relationships?
Research shows that Mumbai is the most major hub of phubbing in India. However, the spread of phubbing is not just restricted to Mumbai and has made its presence felt in other metropolitans of the country. Phubbing has led to serious relationship troubles among most couples. James A. Roberts, a professor at Baylor University, co-authored a recent study on phubbing which was published in the journal Computers in Human Behaviour. The study revealed some shocking statistics.
1. More than 46% people complained of being phubbed by their partners
2. More than 22% confessed that phubbing is a major issue in their relationship
3. And about 37% said that being phubbed makes them feel depressed at some point of time.
The study also said that there’s a direct link between phubbing and relationship issues. Phubbing is particularly problematic for those with an anxious attachment style (which makes up 20% of the population of the world), although its effects are also felt on the rest of us. More and more people feel dissatisfied with their partners who ignore them or cut them short mid-sentence to check their phones. Many even feel that their partner is no longer interested in them. For quite a few people it’s the reason behind feelings of insecurity, neglect and depression, and dissatisfaction with life in general. In fact, the study showed that some people had gone as far as ending their relationship as the situation had worsened to a level where it could not be handled.
How can you combat it?
Phubbing now poses as a social evil that must be weeded out of society. If you and your partner suffer at the hands of phubbing, then there are certain things you can do to combat it.
1. The easiest way to put an end to it is to tell your partner how it makes you feel.
2. Make certain rules regarding cellphone use when out on a date, or just spending quality time with each other at home.
3. Alternatively, you can try your partner to quit the habit by leading by example. Don’t use your cellphone at all when with your partner, and show him that spending quality time with him is more important.
4. You can also try educating your partner on the ill-effects of phubbing and how it can adversely impact your relationship. This is best done when you catch him in the act.
Sometimes your partner may not be consciously phubbing you or showing signs of an obsessive phubber, but it is still important to correct his wrong habits. Most importantly cellphones were invented to bring humanity closer, and not distance people even while they are sitting in the same room. So keep that in mind, and put an end to this unhealthy habit.
I am very stressed and mentally disturbed, I like to think always how to commit suicide, pls advice me what to do?
I am suffering from severe anxiety and depression from a very long time around 5 years or so. I am literally at suicidal state. I wanted to know if any Ayurvedic or Homeopathic or any other form of treatment is available for my problem. I do not want Allopathy Medicine. Allopathy medicine have various side effects on me. I have taken allopathy treatment for 2 years.
Develop good study habits. Proper study habits and preparation are the keys to cutting out exam fear
Keep your mind and body healthy by getting enough sleep, eating well and exercising.
Meet with your instructor to aid in focusing your study sessions.
Practice positive self-talk as you prepare for the test. Create a mantra to help you calm your test anxiety. Repeat a phrase, such as" I just need to do my best" or" I will be prepared for this test"
Relax the night before your test. A last-minute review can help you remember facts, but fretting over last-minute studying is likely to cause you more anxiety.
Beat the morning rush by waking up early. Give yourself time to eat a nutritious breakfast that won't weigh you down or feel greasy in your stomach.
Manage your anxiety with relaxation exercises as you wait for the test to start.
Scan the test to find questions that are easy. Answer those test questions to give yourself a confidence boost.
Understand that you are not alone and ask for help as necessary. Exam fear is normal.
Reward yourself after the test is over. The reward gives you the break you deserve after all of your studying. Treating yourself also helps you stop thinking about the test and analyzing every little mistake you may have made.
Please consult a psychologist for counseling and valuable tips.
I don't know what made me anxious. I'm showing Extreme mood changes at times without any reason. My family and friends are suffering a lot because of My complicated behaviour. What can be done? Any Thoughts?
My 10 years old son lacks concentration in studies and remembers temporarily for exams. Please suggest how can I increase his concentration and help him show much interest in studies.
My child is 4 years old. Usko school nhi jana aur vo is baat ko din me kai baar repeat krta h night me bhi jgh kr school nhi jana bolta h is stress me brain development hota hoga uska. I am worried about him development pls suggest me.
My father facing a breathing problem for past 3 years. He used to smoke from his child hood, hope for 20 years he is smoking. Now he stopped it. Since a chain smoker can't leave it he is taking half citrate per day. I need to know is there any diet regarding respiratory problem He is taking daily montelukast sodium and levocetirizine hydrochloride tablet. Company Montek Lc. Kindly suggest what could be done.
My wife was hysterectomy operation in 10 months back and remove the one ovary. Now present consult the doctor express second ovary not function. Now she suffer the hot feelings of the body and body pains. So I request to suggestion.
Hello, I used to be shy going to public places till last year but it now turned into irritation when I enter crowded areas. Is this any kind of symptom to anything? Is there a way that I can overcome the fear of public places.
Over the years, Infidelity has surfaced as the single most common reason that has the ability to shatter and dismantle a perfectly happy relationship. Infidelity can occur in any and every form of relationship and in each of them it is deemed as unacceptable and uncalled for. Lack of affection has been generally identified as the primary cause why people stray. However there are other reasons too that cause infidelity. Some of them are:
- Bad judgment: The person who is held responsible for going astray may actually be the victim of bad judgement and an impulsive decision. There may not be anything wrong with the marriage but momentary attraction and a rash decision are possible reasons that lead a person astray.
- Search for an emotional connect: A lack of emotional connect with the partner can be a possible reason for infidelity. An unquenchable thirst for attention and the need to be flattered as well finding an emotional connect with a new person causes infidelity. Though the most common and devastating outcome of infidelity is the end of a relationship.
There are ways one that helps one to overcome infidelity. Some of them are as follows:
- Ending the affair immediately: The first and foremost step that you must take in overcoming infidelity is to end the affair immediately. If your relationship is important to you, then it would require your complete investment both physically and emotionally. You must snap all contacts with the other person and concentrate on rebuilding your relationship with renewed faith and trust.
- Open discussion: If you want the relationship to work then you must have a completely free and open discussion with your partner. Coming clean about your past affair is imperative if you want to begin anew. Your partner deserves a complete, honest discussion and you must do it delicately and with a lot of care.
- Willingness to compromise: Beginning a relationship after confessing about the past relationships requires a lot of hard work and compromises. It will take a long time for the relationship to be what it was before the infidelity and you should take complete responsibility for it as well have a willingness to compromise on certain issues.
- Marriage therapy: Apart from attempts to amend yourself, you can also use the help of a marriage therapist. A marriage counselor or a therapist through prolonged discussions and sound counsels can avert the possible ending of the relationship.