Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SridharanYour feedback matters!
Cortisone shots are injections that help relieve pain and inflammation. They are injected directly into the joints such as the ankle, wrist, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow or spine. These injections are a combination of corticosteroids and local anaesthetics. These corticosteroids are similar to the hormones produced by the adrenal gland. Cortisone injections are often used to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, shoulder bursitis and plantar fasciitis. Though they do not cure the disease but they provide temporary relief.
These injections may be slightly painful but provide relief in a day or two that lasts for a few weeks or months at a stretch. Hence, cortisone shots provide relief faster and have longer lasting results than other forms of anti-inflammatory medication. Another benefit of cortisone injections as compared to other drugs that need to be taken in through the mouth is that it avoids side effects of anti-inflammatory medication such as an upset stomach etc. Cortisone injections can also be used to treat backaches and pain that radiates from the spine to an arm or leg.
However, cortisone injections are associated with a number of risks. These include:
- Infection in the joints
- Nerve damage
- Thinning of tissue and skin around the injection site
- Pain and inflammation in the joint
- Weakening or rupturing of tendons
- Osteoporosis or thinning of bones
- Lightening of skin around the injection site
- Osteonecrosis or death of bones in the injected area
- Blood sugar spikes – this is seen mostly in diabetic patients
- Weakening of the immune system if the person has an underlying infection
In most cases, these side effects are short-lived. Higher dosages and frequent administration can increase the body’s exposure to the corticosteroid. This increases the risk of long-term side effects such as:
- Easy bruising
- Weight gain
- Cataract formation
- Puffiness of the face
- High blood pressure
Cortisone may also be held responsible for the deterioration of cartilage inside a joint. For this reason, doctors do not advise cortisone injections to be had more than 3-4 times a year. The minimum interval between two cortisone injections must be 6 weeks. Doctors also typically limit the number of injections given in one joint.
When used judiciously, cortisone injections can greatly improve the quality of a patient’s life. Hence it is very important to get treated only by a qualified doctor and to completely understand the pros and cons of using this form of treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have black spots on my face and neck. Thoseare increasing day by day. Please any medicine/tip to reduce the same. If possible please suggest any natural tip for the same;
1) My eye tension given is 18 is this "normal? 2)is his common? Or. Im on risk of ocular hypertension? 3) does fundus slit lamp detect intermittent squint?
I am sinchana and my height is 152cms and my weight is 64 I want to lose minimum 10kgs from my weight what can I do? Its irritating.
Black Tea is good for the health. Is it useful for the weight loss. As green tea can taken 3 to 4 times in day is same is applicable with black tea too.
1. Bring your own snacks
Carry your own healthy, high-protein snacks with you so that you don’t have to resort to convenience foods like chips and candy bars. Many food manufacturers are starting to make single-serving portions of their snacks, which are perfect for travel. Choose a mix of high-protein items and carbs for fuel:
Nuts & nut bars
2. Flying? pack your own lunch.
Airports are notorious for lackluster eating options, and it’s easy to resort to fast food for the sake of convenience. Brown bag your own food instead, and you’ll start the trip with a healthy meal.
3. Don’t get too hungry.
The cause of overeating is under-eating. When you’re famished, it’s hard to resist that cheeseburger with fries. Make plans for your next meal before you get too hungry, and munch on a high-protein snack if mealtime is too far away.
4. Breakfast buffet cruise the hotel breakfast buffet before you pick up a plate
. Scan all the offerings on hand before you dive in, and you’ll make better decisions. Pass up the frosted pastries and greasy hash browns for an egg-white omelet, unsweetened oatmeal, or yogurt with fresh fruit. Pick a seat far away from the food, and sit with your back to the buffet – this will reduce your desire for seconds.
5. No time for breakfast? have protein on the fly. If you’re a regular breakfast skipper (you know who you are), you know it’s not a great idea. If you do skip, pack along some vanilla whey protein powder, and toss a scoop into your morning coffee.
6. Single-serve containers of peanut butter are ideal for international travel. No matter where you are in the world, you can always find some sort of plain bread – pita, tortillas, baguettes or naan. Slather your slices with peanut butter, and you have a comfort food sandwich with a twist.
7. Order first at the table.
Entertaining clients at dinner? pick a healthy meal from the menu, and order first. You’ll be less likely to change your mind if everyone else at the table orders steak and fries.
8. Hit the salad bar.
When traveling by car (even a rental car), it’s easy to swing by a grocery store with an overflowing salad bar to pick up lunch or dinner (whole foods is a good option). Stock up on some extra fruit and snacks for your hotel room.
9. Avoid fast food as a rule.
It tastes so good – but you know that it will make you feel horrible later. With neon lighting and bright colors, fast food joints are designed to grab your attention. Do a quick search on your mobile phone instead to find deli counters, sandwich shops, and healthier chains like panera, chipotle, jason’s deli or sweet tomatoes.
Staying well hydrated while traveling is crucial to counteract the dry airplane environment and extra alcohol you might be consuming. Carry a refillable bottle for the plane, so that you don’t have to rely on the tiny cups of water that the flight attendants distribute.
EIF seen in left ventricle of the babies heart. She said it is a light marker. I am 31 year old, 5 month pregnant. What is this EIF and how it effects my child.
When you are becoming a mother, then a great deal of special attention needs to be paid towards you and the baby. At such a delicate juncture in life, you cannot risk the health of the baby and the mother by resorting to conventional medicine system that comes bundled with plenty of side effects. Listed below are a few reasons why you should opt for a homeopathic system of medication.
- It is completely safe as it has no side effects
- Homeopathic medicines are mostly prepared from non-toxic substances such as plants
- The medicine works by stimulating the body's own immune and healing systems
- Homeopathy not only targets one ailment but the overall well-being of the body
For the Mother
- Wound healing - After you deliver a baby, your body has a lot of internal bleeding and wounds that require special medical care. Here homeopathy comes to the rescue using Arnica Montana, which is one of the most popular agents that help in healing.
- Breast problems - Homeopathy is quite useful in treating a lot of breast related conditions like mastitis, cracked nipples, breast lumps and such others. In this condition a homeopathic medicine called Phytolacca Decandra can help treat such issues.
- Baby blues - It refers to periods of low moods and depressions that happen after conceiving a baby. In this case, the homeopathic medicine Pulsatilla helps you to revive your mood.
- For the Baby
- Teething - Teething is the stage when the baby tends to develop his or her baby teeth. It is identified by a baby with bright red cheek crying due to discomfort.
- Sleep - Uneven sleeping pattern of babies is also a common problem which causes them discomfort and irritation which makes them cry at times.
- Immunization - It is known that homeopathic medicine mostly focuses on the overall betterment of the human body.
Therefore, taking homeopathic remedies also fortifies your immune system thus helping the baby fight ailments in an efficient and effective manner.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How Homeopathy Can Cure Muscle and Joint Pain?