Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sridhara GYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from gastritis from last one year BT still I feel pain after eating food and get chest pains at night. I am just having a rabiwok DSR capsule every morning do I need to see a doctor.
I have feel right side chest pain constantly. I have already done echo, tmt or blood test or every thing report is normal but why should I feel this pain severely last 2 hours please help me to out the pain.
I have two questions 1. How often should I test my blood sugar, and what should I do if it is too high or too low? 2. If I'm overweight, how many pounds do I have to lose to make a difference in my health?
Hi .My age is 49 and have hyper tension but in complete control. Non alcoholic, no smoking, health weight and exercise regularly. No cholesterol issues as well. Off late, noticed that my morning erections are not there for the last month or so and even y penis is not hard as before during erection. What could be the reason?
How do I control diabetes and high blood pressure? I am a heart patient with severe cholesterol. please help me?
I have severe chest burn and acidity problems often. I consume Pan plus 40. I am suffering from acidity problem for more than 3 years. Please advise.
My age 25 I am male my problem cholesterol trigelies 194 And vldl 200 I am unmarried boy my age 25 I am tobacco use and 3 to 4 month I taking beer and wine gape of 3 month I treat under pshiciatry last 2 year problem of fear agoraphobia and panic attack please help me.
I am feeling pain in my chest, and sometimes it feels that someone is beating my chest and it take me time to breathe in such situation and a lot of pressure can be felt in my chest. I also feel that it's like a pinching or burning. Is it a symptoms of heart attack or something else as different people are suggesting differently, please suggest!
some time, I feel heart burn and difficulty swelling. What could be the reason? How can I control it with home remedies. Thanks.
Hello I am 28 years old female. I drink black coffee regularly and earlier I used to drink 2-3 cups now I have reduced my coffee intake to 1 and I had low blood pressure last time 100/80. So please tell me the positive and negative effects of coffee and moreover how to manage low blood pressure.
Hypertension is a condition where the blood has to exert extra pressure to flow through the blood vessels. While there is a genetic component to it, the more strong contributing factors are modified lifestyle and dietary changes. There are also a lot of environmental changes that have contributed to this new epidemic. While earlier people in their 50s and 60s would be diagnosed with hypertension, now there are people in 30s and 40s taking hypertension pills. Excess fat accumulation is the major cause of hypertension in younger patients.
There begins the complexity of the issue. Hypertension which requires medications to control it, they lead to side effects and bring in a host of other diseases like diabetes, and obesity which in turn bring in a whole lot of complications. A more easy way to manage would be to prevent and of course, after onset, look at how naturally it can be managed.
Ayurveda has numerous substances that have been proven to have beneficial effects in controlling blood pressure over the past 1000s of years.
- Celery or ajwain helps blood vessels to dilate and reduces concentration of stress hormones in the blood.
- Ashwagandha has a wide range of actions and improves the body's ability to handle physical and mental stress. This in turn improves blood pressure, obesity, and depression.
- Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C which prevents fragility of the capillaries (thinner blood vessels).
- Cow's urine prevents hardening of blood vessels and is of curative value in those who have blood pressure due to hardening of blood vessels.
- Triphala which is a combination of amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki helps reduce inflammation that leads to blood pressure, thereby helping to control it.
- Jatamansi - By helping the free radical damage on the arteries, it protects the arteries and prevents cholesterol accumulation. It also is a very well-proven stress reliever and has additional benefits on hypertension.
- Arjuna - By helping the metabolism of the bad cholesterol in the liver, this protects the inner lining of the heart and thereby helps control hypertension.
- Calcium and potassium containing substances help remove sodium and thereby improve blood pressure.
- Natural herbs like Brahmi, Sarpagandha, Shankhpushpi, and Chandana are effective Ayurvedic cure and treatment for hypertension.
- Rasayana treatment from ayurveda is having excellent results, however everyone requires unique rasayan as per their body types.
- Watermelon helps in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Aloe gel, barberry, calamus, valerian, skullcap, gotu kola cayenne, myrrh, motherwort, hawthorn and jatamansi have all been shown to help manage hypertension over thousands of years.
- A glass of warm milk mixed with saraswat powder is also helpful for patients with high blood pressure.
These are natural remedies which were a part of diet since times immemorial. Including them in the diet, reducing processed foods, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol and smoking can be some natural ways to prevent and if required control hypertension. Stress is here to stay, but can definitely be managed with a little conscious effort.