Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sridhar SYour feedback matters!
My daughter is now 13 month old and still weighs 9 kg only. her appetite is also very poor does not likes spoon feeding at all her birth weight was 3.28 kg. please tell me what do I do?
Is it just that more cases are being reported or is there an actual increase in child abuse cases? This can be debated, but the hard-hitting fact is a definite increase in the number of child abuse incidents. Unbelievable as it may sound, the abuse is not always about strangers. It could come from unsuspected corners – close family and friends who frequently visit the home and have access to the child. It is not just limited to the girl child; male child abuse is equally likely and is happening.
As much as we try to look for possible culprits, it would not be. Given the number of people in our social circles, both close and extended, it is very difficult to always be on the look. Plus, there are a number of people who are totally unfamiliar (schools, workplace, parks, shops, etc.). The best defense for the parents would be to teach the child about what he or she should watch out for. This should be further enhanced by the parent knowing the signs to watch for as a result of child abuse.
Educating the child is extremely important. Also, emphasize on the child coming back and telling you if anything unpleasant has happened. This is the most difficult and effective aspect for parents.
- Talk to your child about good touch and bad touch.
- Teach them names of private parts (or alternates if you prefer) and get them to use these.
- Emphasize that unless someone is involved in their health and hygiene, there is no need to touch their private parts.
- Even lingering touches inappropriately in certain parts (buttocks, chest, thighs, etc.) should be discussed.
- Give them the confidence to talk to you, if they even doubt that someone touched them badly.
- Do not chide or scold the child, as it is not their mistake.
- Even if they are complaining about someone close, do not disbelieve them.
- Give them a patient hearing about the full episode, let them talk, and if required, you can always ask for more details.
- Cutting them off in the first instance will take away their complete confidence, and they will never confide again. This is very important, as the child needs to believe that he/she is being listened to and believed.
- Do not be mad at them; it was not their fault. Give them this assurance multiple times, and let them know that nothing changes as you will help them.
Children get scared and withdraw into a shell if anything happens, and unless they have the confidence, they may not open up at all. Therefore, educating the child is the most important and effective way to control child sexual abuse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
My baby will complete 5th month on 17th. Yesterday she did stool in evening then again in night .today also till now did 2 times watery stool. Due to this diaper rashes r visible what to do for the stool and the rashes. Please guide.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My daughter is 4 months age. She had 3 dose of the pentavalent vaccine injection. But she did not had the pcv vaccine. Is it mendatory for new born babies and now can we give the pcv vaccine to my daughter. Please advice.
Hi I have a question for my 9 month kid. Please help me with my doubts. My baby born weight is 2.91 but after 8 months weight does not increase. What to do. Also she was fair but now she is becoming dark day by day. It's because of summer. Please help me rectify the issue for my daughter.
Dear doctor I would like to know about my daughter growth issue. Actually she was early born at the time of 9th month starting then she was only 1.8 kg know she was 3.2 and age 2 months 11 days my worry is only her hands and legs are looking short. Pls let me know on her growth.
My son is 1 month 20 day old. He suffering 2/3 days for cough, cold, fever and flue. So doctor says it's pneumonia symptoms. They suggest admitted my son. So I want to know it is pneumonia? So help me.
My son is 4.5 years got stomach infection after consuming mango shake around 20 days ago. He had stomach ache and loose motion off and on. After eating something he had stomach ache and loose motion. For last two days he had watery loose motion. Today motion are better but he is having fever above 101. I am giving crocin for fever every 6 hrs and ciffixim for motion.
Hi, My daughter is 8 years old and she is too adamant and not at all listening to us these days. As she is only child we ourselves gave her of freedom initially before 5 years and get whatever she wants. But it came back to us now. That too, My husband will be out of station most of the times and handling my daughter being working mother is too difficult and it is very hard for me to try different things to calm down her. Also, she is behaving in the same way in public and keep up on crying. I have avoided these days to go out these days. Not even one day w came back home in happy mood. She will be very good and suddenly, she will tell that my legs are paining and will start to cry. I will try a lot top convince her but she will not. Do not know how to proceed and her studies is also getting affected because of this. Please tell me some ways to handle her or do we need to consult doctor?
My girl baby is 6 months old. She has heat bumps over her head and neck. It becomes very itchy for her. Please give a remedy for control heatbumps.
My son of 4years suffering from fever for last 2 days. Using paracetamol250 mg but didn't get relief. Getting high fever at night times, no shivering. Light cough for taking cold water.
What are the medicines/ foods/ tips to increase lactation? My kid is 45 days old. I had a c section delivery on 14/9/16.
Hello doctor my baby is 6 month old he is suffering from dry cough and cold. Which medicine should be used?
1.5 year old girl child have cough about a week and have changed two medicines but till has cough. What can i do?
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.