Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. SridharYour feedback matters!
I have asthma and yellow teeth and it. Ching in my leg. And I am very ill man. What to do please tell sir. I need your help bery much. Special wala thanks thanks sir.
I am age of 16 having a asthma problem for 5 years what are the medicines can I take and what are the foods can I take and what is the best sport skill can I do?
I am suffering from cough. Not severe but yet irritating enough. At some times in day it increases drastically and I am like just coughing for 2 or 3 minutes and then it' s totally fine again. I have took 2 or 3 different courses or medicines from a reputed doctor but nothing is changed. Can I get some permanent solution to this? or tell me some precautions. Like! things that. Easily make us catch cough. Help me out please!
My mother breathing is fast even when she is not doing any work. Also when she goes to sleep then also her breathing and heart beat is fast and after some time it, ll be normal. Please tell me what is that Problem and what I give her as a medicine.
I have very hard pain in my lungs when I breath. I smoke since last 2 year and finally decided to quite smoking. I just wanted some medicine that helps me to clean my lungs and make my lungs as good when it was before smoking.
Sir, I have problem related to seasonal allergy. So many test I have done and several kind of treatment I have taken already. Still I could not take my breath properly.
What should I do to recover from my sinus problem? It makes me inconvenient in some places. And it creates more disturbance. Please help me out.
Pulmonary diseases are some of the most commonly experienced health conditions all over the world. Millions of people suffer due to various causes including genetics, smoking, pollutants and infection. Now lungs are one of the most important and complex organs of the body. They are the apparatus through which oxygen enters and carbon dioxide gets expelled.
Lungs expand and contract on a constant basis to ensure that we can breathe properly. Let us find out more about lung or pulmonary diseases.
- Asthma: This is one of the most common and potentially fatal conditions that affect children and adults. It grips the airways formed by the bronchi which branch off into smaller tubes from the main trachea that holds them. This condition causes inflammation, and even spasms, which can lead to wheezing and breathlessness. The main triggers of asthma attacks include allergies, infections and pollutants that may escape into the airways.
- COPD: This is also known as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. It is an umbrella term used for various lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties due to an obstruction of the airways. Chronic bronchitis is one of the conditions that falls under COPD, and is usually characterised by persistent, hacking coughs.
- Cystic Fibrosis: This is another condition that affects the airways by causing poor passage of mucus from the bronchial tubes. This condition is a genetic one where the mucus that gathers eventually becomes a lung infection.
- Pneumonia: This is a condition that causes an infection in the alveoli, which are the tiny tubes that the airways branch into. These are air sacs that can catch myriad infections like pneumonia.
- Tuberculosis: This is also a kind of pneumonia, which is caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. This condition usually attacks the air sacs of the lungs and can be a potentially fatal disease if it is not treated on time. The patient will require immediate hospitalisation.
- Pulmonary Edema: This condition is caused by fluid leaks from the tiny blood vessels into the surrounding air sacs within the lungs. It can also be caused due to heart failure as well as back pressure which falls on the lungs. Direct injury to the lungs can also lead to this condition.
- Lung Cancer: This is a fatal disease which can be found in any part of the lungs. It has many forms and the type as well as the location usually determines the kind of treatment option that will be followed.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: When the lungs suffer a sudden injury which is usually caused by a bout of serious illness, it is called ARDS. Treatment involves the use of life support ventilation.
Coughing is pretty much a normal body reflex which is also natural, this method ensures that lungs, throat and our airway will keep them clear of any foreign body from entering them however it has to be understood that anything in excess is not good. Constant coughing is said to be pretty irritating hence should be treated at the earliest.
Some of the symptoms which have to be looked out for in order to know if there is any need to treat it are:
• Absence of phlegm
• Dry and itchy throat
• Weaker immune system
The reason as to why we get hit with this dry cough as identified can include:
• Sinus infections
• Viral infection in the respiratory tract
• Allergy to any smoke or dust
Dry Cough With Natural Remedies
Treatments for dry cough can be prepared easily at home, which are given below:
1. Almonds, sugar and butter:
• 7 soaked almonds
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 2 tbsp butter
Peel off the skin from soaked almonds in the morning and crush them into paste to which butter and sugar has to be added. Mix this well to eat every day morning and evening to cure the dry cough.
2. Basil leaves, honey and ginger:
• Handful basil leaves
• 1 inch ginger piece
• 3 tsp honey
Make paste from basil leave and use 1 tsp of this to be mixed with 1 tsp of ginger paste after which this mixture has to be sieved through in order to get juice from it. To this juice now add 3 tsp of honey and mix it well, take 1 tsp of this mixture 3 times every day.
3. Turmeric powder and carom powder:
• 1 glass lukewarm water
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp carom powder
Mix all the ingredients well to be consumed twice every day.