Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sridhar MurthiYour feedback matters!
Got a girl child 3 year old with 2 problems mainly, one is pinworms, not going after taking Albendazole. She keeps complaining of anal itching. Second problem is her coughing every other month she has this cough. Vaccinations are complete. Cough does not go without medicine and sometimes nebulizer. Doctors prescribes nebulizers with corticosteroids in them. Is there any medicine that you can prescribe for both pinworms and coughing to try? Thanks.
I am a boy with 16 years Tell me about that ejaculation is good for me or not And is affect my health and my weight.
Last month my wife delivered baby boy. Gestation period is approximately 36-37 weeks. After child birth during first pediatric visit doctor noticed missing testicles in scrotum. Then now after 20 days left side testicles reached scrotum. Right side I can feel it near adjacent side to penis beginning place. Should I wait for one more month? Should I meet surgeon immediately? What is the future consequences.
My 3 years son is badly suffering from Stammering. He is not able to pronounce words clearly. I feel very upset to see my little ones suffering. Please suggest for the treatment. Note: I am his father, 30 years old, also suffering from stammering since my childhood. I won't face much problem in communicating with people around me.
My baby is just one month. Can I take any oil, soap, shampoo for her use? If it possible please prescribe me which oil, shampoo can be used?
When 2 month baby have duodenal abstraction is this natural or cause of any effect of medicine. Mother have infected hbsag positive.
My child of 6 years is not putting on weight for the last 3 years or so. His appetite is ok but suffers from allergy and respiratory problems from time to time . He is active however but will like him to add some kilos .
For my sister daughter aged 5, the mouth is getting reddish, when she take food little spicy also. Is there any problem with stomach?
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My baby is 6 months old. He is doing potty frequently. He use to go 2 times per day. But now he is doing 4 to 5 times per day. And I asked few people and they said it is normal when new teeth are coming out. please help me what I have to do to my son.
My child of 5 1/2 yrs has adenoid said by ent specialist has to be operated as soon as possible is it the only way not any other
Hi my son one year . Problem is he needs me all time. He wants to hold me all time not going to any one. He plays little time later he want me. Please help.
My son will be turning 1 after few days, till date he is not having milk from bottle, her mother feeds her or we had to do it through spoon but still it is very hard to feed him, also he takes less sleep and keeps doing mischiefs. Please suggest.
My son is 16 month old now. He had 2 surgery when he was 6 month and another when 8 month. Pu valve at 6 month and circumcision at 8 month as he was having urine infection. And due to which his left kidney is working 10%. So my question is can his kidney be work more better. Now he is okay.
My baby boy is 3 month old and he is always trying to chew something due to this he is feeling uncomfortable and crying. Please suggest me what I need to do. Thanks in advance.
Sir, we have a child of about 4 months in age, and we hear a thing that There is a cancer causing substance in johnson baby product so not to use these. Is it true doctor, or its just a nuisance.
It’s not always easy to encourage your children to eat a balanced diet.
Eating breakfast, even if it’s just a banana and a glass of milk, kick-starts the body and makes it easier to maintain lasting energy throughout the day.
It’s easy to reach for chips or biscuits when you and your children feel like nibbling on something, but these snacks tend to be low in nutrients and high in calories.
Make water the drink of choice at meal times, and keep juice and sweet drinks as occasional treats.
You decide which foods to buy and when to serve them. Though kids will pester their parents for less nutritious foods, adults should be in charge when deciding which foods are regularly stocked in the house. Kids won’t go hungry.
While juice has valuable nutrients and gives a concentrated energy boost for active, growing bodies, kids should go for water first when they are thirsty, not sugar-sweetened drinks.
Kids should start eating Better not everything they get.
Start the day with a healthy breakfast.
Let kids help plan one meal each week and eat together as often as possible.
Eat more vegetables and fresh fruits.
Eat more whole grains (e.g., oats, brown rice, rye, crackers, whole-wheat pasta).
Drink plenty of fluids.
Serve a variety of foods.
Be a role model and eat healthy yourself.
When trying to teach good eating habits, try to set the best example possible.