Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sridhar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SridharYour feedback matters!
I am 50 years old. I am having discomfort in both my calf muscles off and on especially in the evening. I feel better in raised lower limb position during lying down. My blood pressure is normal. My blood sugar is within normal limits. Lipid profile too is within normal limits. I take meals 4 times a day but the time is irregular. Please tell me the causes of discomfort in calf muscle.
My wife is having left side headache and vomiting since yesterday having temperature of 100.6 her age is 38. She is a diabetic.
Gestational diabetes is a condition characterized by higher than normal blood sugar levels during pregnancy. The symptoms of this disorder are mild and a blood test has to be conducted as a part of the diagnosis. In all cases, the women should be administered treatment to avoid medical complications associated with it and to be on the safer side. Proper diagnosis is absolutely essential in the case of women with prediabetes or those women who had diabetes prior to pregnancy.
When the insulin receptors fail to function normally, the blood sugar levels may rise. This is known to be one of the causes of gestational diabetes. Post pregnancy, the symptoms of gestations diabetes disappear on their own; however, such patients are an in increased risk of suffering from type 2 diabetes at a later stage. Moreover, children born to mothers with gestations diabetes are at an increased risk of suffering from conditions such as jaundice, diabetes, and certain other health issues.
As a part of gestational diabetes treatment, the expecting mother is advised to consume a nutritious diet, practice a daily exercise regime, and monitor blood sugar levels on a regular basis. Nonetheless, if your blood sugar levels become extremely high, you may be advised to take specific medicines to control it and avoid complications.
The following are some of the treatment methods used to manage gestational diabetes:
- Medical Treatment: Under modern medicine, the patients are prescribed antidiabetic drugs and insulin to keep blood sugar levels within the normal range.
- Natural treatment: Some of the ways to naturally manage gestational diabetes include the following:
- Balanced Diet: According to several research studies, an erratic eating schedule can cause diabetes because the functioning of the body gets disrupted. For this reason, consuming a balanced diet becomes extremely important. In fact, eating small meals at an interval of two to three hours is recommended by the nutritional experts. Consequently, the body becomes accustomed to metabolizing the nutrients and blood sugar imbalances are avoided as well.
- Exercise Regime: If you are suffering from gestational diabetes, then maintaining a regular exercise regime is beneficial. At the start, you can exert the body for 30 minutes and gradually, increase the time limit. Only the low-impact exercises such as swimming and walking are advised. However, be sure to consult your doctor beforehand.
- Fiber-rich Diet: The intake of foods that are rich in fiber such as whole grains and flaxseeds is advised for women with gestational diabetes. This nutrient helps balance the insulin levels within the body by regulating the activity of the insulin receptors. During pregnancy, women are advised to increase their consumption of fiber-rich foods anyway to improve their cardiovascular and digestive health. However, the positive effect of fiber-rich foods on insulin receptors is crucial during the onset of gestational diabetes.
- Additional Dietary Recommendations: During the gestational diabetes recovery period, foods that are sources of vitamin D (such as tofu, salmon, and mushrooms) must be consumed as they foster the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut and helps to have a healthy pregnancy. Other foods that pregnant women with gestational diabetes can benefit from include foods rich in vitamin C and proteins. Also, foods that come under the category of complex carbohydrates must be consumed. Moreover, women with gestations diabetes should abstain from sugar-rich foods.
Conclusion: On a concluding note, you should note that the above treatments for gestational diabetes should be practiced only after a thorough discussion with the doctor. Keep in mind that during pregnancy you have to adopt a precarious approach; by doing so, you can prevent you and your baby from getting adversely affected. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old married female. Before 2 year, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have been taking Thyronorm 75 mcg. Recently, I had TSH test Latest test on 17 Nov 2017 T3 = 96 ng/dl T4 = 8.1 μg/dl TSH = 0.87 μIU/ml Previous test on 3 Apr 2017 T3 = 105 ng/dl T4 = 3.6 μg/dl TSH = 141.40 μIU/ml Can I really stop the medications? Or Shall I reduce the mcg? When will my thyroid levels become normal. Hair fall also increasing.
I am 53 years old diabetic and bp. Everything is normal condition. I am using Vita e gold everyday twice. My dysfunction is not improved .kindly suggest me .what to do. My sex life is very poor. Help me please.
If you are suffering from diabetes then you would know how crucial it is to maintain optimum glucose or sugar level. Increasing or decreasing of the sugar level in your body can be extremely fatal. Diabetes is a disease which arises due to excessive sugar in your blood. Thus, in order to control the disease, you need to make sure that the sugar level is maintained evenly. Sudden changes in the level might cause other health problems. Thus, not only do you need to go for constant check-ups by the medical practitioner but also need to conduct regular blood tests every year. These apart, to maintain a standard glucose level or to measure the level in your body, you can make some of the Continuous Glucose Monitoring system or the CGM.
What are Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems?
CGM’s are small devices that a diabetic patient wears on their skin. This device measures the glucose content of the body day and night and alerts the patient in case of an imbalance in the sugar levels. A graphical representation of the sugar levels is presented to you every day so that you can see for yourself the rise and fall of the glucose content in your body. The Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems are of two different types.
The first type involves those devices which provide you a graphical representation of your sugar levels in real time. The second type involves those devices from where you can download and analyse a recorded sugar level of your body throughout the day.
Advantages of CGM’s:
There are several advantages of using a CGM. Some of them are:
- The sugar level can be accurately tracked all day long and even at nights. This is helpful in alerting you even to the slightest change in the level in your body.
- With continuous measurements, you can get rid of regular blood tests prescribed by your doctor. However, it is advisable to consult your doctor once prior to the skipping of any blood tests.
- You can monitor the trends of the sugar level in your body. That is, you can gauge the trend as to when the sugar level is high or low in your body.
These are some of the essential facts that you need to know about CGM’s. These devices are becoming quite popular with those suffering from diabetes. It is one of those instruments which have made it easier to balance the lifestyle of the diabetic patients.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!