Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sridhar C.B.
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sridhar C.B.Your feedback matters!
Hi because of continuing high blood sugar fasting levels as 120 121 113 I have been advised by my physician to take medicine 500 tablet daily after meals at night. I had a query I occasionally take alcohol so is it safe to take alcohol with this tablet or there can be some issues. Please advice soon.
Which fruits are good and which are bad for people with diabetes? I once came across a GI (glycemic index) chart at a doctors chamber and read that grapes are low in GI but watermelons are high which contradicts doctor's opinion. So are fruits with low GI really good for diabetic people?
I am a 50 years old and suffering from gas and abdomenal pain in upper and lower position. I am a type ii diabatic patiant.
My grand mother has diabetes and we have taken her hospital and also get treatment but from last few days she is behaving like mentally and I have checked her sugar its sometime 60,134 like that but in the night she behaves like totally mental like there is a ghost inside her but she says that she is feeling not well her hand was totally cold and sometime she was sweating what is happening we also not getting understand kindly help me.
Simple sugar is also known as 'monosaccharide', which is the basic unit of carbohydrates. The simplest forms of sugar are usually colourless and exist in forms of glucose, fructose and galactose. Simple sugar is deemed to be a major concern according to all health nutritionists.
Here are five reasons why you should avoid them:
- Sugar is the biggest cause of obesity: Sugar present in all kinds of junk food is considered to be the biggest cause of obesity as fructose easily converts into fat inside your body. Consuming too much sugar can put too much pressure on your liver as it is responsible for converting fructose into fat. Large amounts of sugar are directly converted into fat, thus, putting you at a very high risk of becoming obese.
- Increases risks of contracting heart diseases: Consuming too much sugar throughout the day causes a hike in your insulin levels which can further affect your nervous system. An excess of sugar in your bloodstream also causes your blood pressure to rise which makes you more likely to get a heart stroke. Thus, to avoid cardiac problems at a young age, you must cut down your sugar intake.
- Weakens immune system: Sugar is a major reason for inflammation which affects the central immune system adversely. With an excess intake of sugar, the body becomes less effective in dealing with infection and common cold because phagocytes (white blood cells) cannot do their job properly without engulfing dangerous bacteria. Thus, you should aim at boosting your immune system by cutting down on sugar completely.
- Sugar can make you age faster: The sugar content in your body creates molecules known as AGEs (Advanced Glycation End Products) which attack the fibers in elastin and collagen (the building blocks of the cells on your skin). A study also proved that consuming too much sugar can result in acne as the collagen in your skin weakens. Thus, to maintain youthful looking skin for longer, you should remove sugar from your diet completely.
- Sugar can be addictive: Most people who consume too much sugar get addicted to it. According to a study, the addiction to sugar is very similar to addiction to tobacco and drugs. You might start experiencing sugar cravings and depending on it, your mood will also get to change more often than required.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!