Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sridevi. VYour feedback matters!
- Presentation of attention, food or toys, not contingent on pica being attempted
- Differential reinforcement, with positive reinforcement if pica is not attempted and consequences if pica is attempted
- Discrimination training between edible and inedible items, with negative consequences if pica is attempted
- Visual screening, with eyes covered for a short time after pica is attempted
- Aversive presentation, contingent on pica being attempted:
- oral taste (e.g., lemon)
- smell sensation (e.g., ammonia)
- physical sensation (e.g., water mist in face)
- Physical restraint:
- self-protection devices that prohibit placement of objects in the mouth
- brief restraint contingent on pica being attempted
- Time-out contingent on pica being attempted
- Overcorrection, with attempted pica resulting in required washing of self, disposal of nonedible objects and chore-based punishment
- Negative practice (non-edible object held against patient's mouth without allowing ingestion)
I am 27 yrs old. I have irregular period problem after my delivery. I fed my child upto 2 yrs. Now he have 2 and 3/4 yrs. What should I do?
Haemophilia is a type of disorder in which blood does not clots easily or in a normal way. Haemophilia A is one of the common types of disease which causes due to deficiency of blood clotting factor VIII. Haemophilia B is another type which is caused due to the deficiency of blood clotting factor IX. Haemophilia is a lifetime condition which has no exact cure but can be managed by treatment. Haemophilia is a hereditary disorder which is mostly seen in men but is also observed in women sometimes if they carry the gene.
Symptoms of Haemophilia
Symptoms of haemophilia can vary depending on the severity of the disease. In most of the cases, bleeding is the common symptom of haemophilia. Sometimes, haemophilia causes internal bleeding which if left untreated can cause joint pains. There are some other general symptoms seen in people suffering from haemophilia. They are listed here.
- Bleeding through the nose
- Bleeding seen in faeces or urine
- Continuous bleeding when removal of tooth, surgery and when injured
- Unprompted bleeding
- Bleeding seen in joints which lead to swelling and pain
- Bleeding seen in urinary and gastrointestinal tracts
In some cases, internal bleeding happens in the brain which may come into notice during an injury. Such type of internal bleeding can be detected by the following symptoms.
- A severe headache
- Neck pain
- Severe stiffness in the body
- Abrupt weakness
- Problems in walking
Treatment for Haemophilia
The standard treatment of haemophilia involves mainly in replacement of missing clotting factor. As haemophilia is caused due to deficiency of factor VIII, the treatment involves the injection of factor VIII concentrates into the body which can be identified depending on the severity of bleeding, the site of bleeding and the age of the patient. Depending on the seriousness of the disease, factor VIII concentrates are given to the patient before going for surgery or dental extractions. This can help in preventing the bleeding.
As haemophilia is a hereditary disease, it is advisable to concentrate on prevention rather than cure of the disease. In order to prevent the disease, it is wise to undergo a genetic counselling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.
Hi, My last period was on 9th sep 2016. I got married 4 months ago. Planning for a baby now. Even m getting some cramps on my stomach from last 4 days and I got angry very easily now a days. Please suggest. What to do. Thanks.
I am from Bangladesh. I am thin too much then my height is 5 feet 3 inch and my weight is 44 .i feel too much lazy too. My family planning for my marry . Now I feel I should increase my body. Now please suggest me what should I do and what kind of meals should I take and what should i. Avoid. And I really like to take 1 or two cup of milk tea everyday day for get refreshment in the morning and evening I really like it So suggest me please please .any natural remedy , food meal and other to gain my weight.
Dear madam, i am 26 years old. I am suffering with stool passing /gas problem. I get lot of pain after taking meals or breakfast. This pain lasts half an to 2 hours after that only I can go to pass the tool. This is happening from last 1 and half year. 6 months back I took syrup called duphalac/lactulose solution usp. With this constipation has been reduced. But still i am getting the pain and some part of stool pipe comes out while passing the stool it remains for hours. I have some other problems like neck pain/savior headache/back ache/stomach pain /and pain at uterus. From last 3 years i am suffering with irregular periods. I get tired easily. I get yawning very frequently. I need to sleep at least 10 hours a day. I took some medicine by gynecologist advise. Now from last 2 months i am getting monthly period. If you have any solution for me please suggest me.
My age is 25, unmarried, me apne boyfriend k sath physical ho chuki pr usse meri shadi nhi ho ri he, please tell me medicine vagina ko tight krne k liye meri shadi hone wali he 10 days me, please help me.
Foods that help to cleanse the liver
3. Green tea
6. Leafy green vegetables
8. Cold pressed organic oil
What specific treatment (medications/ supplements, any other?) has been effective in treatment of PCOS for a child in age group 10-16 ? Regular exercise, Balanced controlled diet stress management is all tried but does not solve the problem of irregular menstrual cycle, back acne, hair growth.
Hi doctor, I am newly married. I had sexual relation ship with my wife. We had sex using condoms. But we are worried if she will become pregnant. We want to post pone pregnancy. Please advise. We are really worried.
I am pregnant and I want some information about 1 to 9 months food habits. Give me a brief details about pregnant.
I am 23 years old. Recently I did ultra sound, thickened endometrium was found in reports. Apart from these everything is normal. My periods are very heavy but not painful. My haemoglobean is 9.2. And blood pressure is always very low. And I am also suffering from severe hair fall since 10 years. My gynacologist giving me drosmac 20. Please suggest me. About all these problem.
Pet therapy for mental health problems:
Recent research suggests that pets should be considered as the main source of support in the management of mental health problems. In the study through the course of people who felt that their pet played a range of positive roles including helping them manage stigma associated with their mental health by providing acceptance without judgement. Thus pets provides a unique form of validation through unconditional support which they were not receiving from other social relationships.