Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. SribargavaYour feedback matters!
I have red eye problem from over 16 days in this week pain in my head is more with the fever of 110 degree celsias, then what should I do?
I want to know about sight my eye sight is -1 how to solve my eye sight problem suggest me the best answer sir.
Conjunctivitis is a medical condition that is marked by redness in the eyes owing to the inflammation of the conjunctiva, which is the membrane covering the white part of the eye. The condition is further characterized by the discharge of yellowish pus fluid from the corner of the eye. This condition, which is essentially an infection, can occur to people of all age brackets.
Causes and Symptoms:
Conjunctivitis can be caused due to several reasons namely allergies, irritants, bacterial and viral infections, among others. Apart from the redness in the eye, some other apparent symptoms of conjunctivitis are:
- Thin and watery discharge in viral conjunctivitis
- Thick, mucous like discharge ranging from yellow to green in case of bacterial conjunctivitis
- Sticky eyelids
- Increased reactivity to light
- Blurred or foggy vision
- Nasal discharges
It is difficult to distinguish between viral, allergic and bacterial conjunctivitis. Different fields of medicine prescribe treatments according to the cause of the condition. Although subtle differences, such as thick and thin discharges can be observed, in Homeopathy the cause is not that important.
Homeopathic medicines are natural and highly effective. The medications, which are prescribed in Homeopathy can more than manage the discharges, swelling, the sandy sensation and redness in the eyes. Homeopathic medicines are effective when the condition causes the eye to get dry, red, congested and swollen. Bathing the eyes with sterilized salt water is also a popular method of treating the infection. In addition to these, Homeopathic doctors also provide tips to curb the likelihood of further complications. Removing your contact lenses while treatment and cleaning your spectacles on a regular basis, if you wear any, are duly recommended.
My eye sight is very week I went to many doctors but I am still suffering please answer me my age is 19.
Hi I'm a male my eyes looks like swaloon up like dark circles and big like how to look nd make my eyes clear and have beautiful eyes please help me out.
I have red eyes since 2 months I took medicine or drop many time to a doctor but it not well so what should I do?
Eye problems that are caused due to the computer can be termed as Computer Vision Syndrome. Staring a computer screen has become a part of our daily lives, for many of us. Work and pleasure both include using a computer or a tablet. Looking at this screen for prolonged periods can cause many problems including strain, pain and stress due to the repeated eyeball movements and non-blinking nature of the work that we do when we stare at a screen for many hours.
Let us find out more about the causes of computer vision syndrome or CVS:
- Repeated Movements: When the same motion is carried out on a continuous basis, it can lead to stress based injuries due to the strain and stress caused in that part of the body. Much like carpal tunnel syndrome and other injuries like tennis elbow and shoulder joint problems, this condition is also caused due to the constant and repetitive movements which are known to lead to stress injuries. The longer you continue the activity, the worse it is bound to get.
- Focus: When you sit in front of a computer screen and work, one of the most important things that you are doing is called focus. When you focus on a screen on a continuous basis, to align your eyes with what you need to read or see, you are causing long term damage if this activity is carried out for too many hours on a daily basis. This back and forth motion that makes us focus can lead to pressure and strain on the eyes, which should be broken by concentrating on other activities like writing on a paper or reading from a book.
- Eye Muscles: These types of movements and activities can actually put a lot of pressure and undue strain on the muscles of the eyes. Also, things become even more difficult for the delicate eye muscles with the glare and blue light emanating from the computer screen which also has other elements like a flicker. This causes the eyes to align themselves by putting pressure on the eye muscles, which makes working on a computer that much more challenging than reading a book.
- Wrong Glasses or Lenses: If you have nearsightedness or farsightedness, then these problems can become even more severe due to this kind of condition. Also, if you are wearing the wrong prescription glasses or lenses, your eyes are bound to suffer even more when you stare at a screen for such a long time.
Apart from all these factors, working on a computer gets even more challenging after a certain age like your forties. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
I use spectacles of no.-1.75. I want to join Indian air force as a officer. Please suggest me if there is any other option other than laser. I am from bhiwani, haryana so which is best hospital nearby where I go.
For past1week my left eye has become little reddish no sign of irritation and also little blur. What is it.
I have body pain and also headache with little bit cold and my eyes is also like burning what should I do for this?
I have red eyes for month give the suitable treatment over the disease that im suffering from long time.
Eyes are very important organs as they provide you with the ability to process visual detail and detect light. However, because your eyes are exposed to harsh climate and pollutants, they can get spoilt. Here are a few basic tips you can follow to take care of your eyes:
- Eye yoga: Eye Yoga is an ancient method of relaxing your eyes and is also known as “palming”. All you need to do is cup your palms and place them over closed eyes in a way wherein your fingertips are touching your forehead. This helps in blocking out light completely. While cupping your eyes, take long, deep breaths which can help relax your eyes and mind.
- Eat healthy: It is important to eat healthy in order to maintain healthy eyes. Medical practitioners believe that vitamins have anti oxidants which slow down age related problems in the eye. You should be eating foods rich in Vitamin A, C and E, Zinc rich foods and foods with folic acid. Food items such as carrots, lettuce, spinach and kale can help in keeping your eyes healthy for longer.
- Wear dark sunglasses: Every time your eyes are exposed to the sun, they have to tolerate the harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The ultraviolet rays can prove to be very damaging for your eyes as they affect the optic nerve. Hence, you should always wear dark coloured sunglasses in the sun to protect your eyes.
- Take breaks: Staring at a computer screen or a mobile screen all day can prove to be very harmful to your eyes. According to a study, when you stare a screen for too long, you blink lesser. This can lead to dry eyes.
- Get required rest: It is important to rest your eyes and free them of the strain they endure daily. Hence, you should aim to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep time daily to give them the required rest time.
- Quit smoking: Smoking cigarettes can be harmful for your eyes as it increases chances of macular degeneration and cataracts. Smoking also increases chances of optic nerve damage as it impairs blood circulation to the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.