Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sri Ranjani BhatYour feedback matters!
46 yrs female taking 50 mg thyronom daily, drise sachet 1/week, gotwholebody tests done by wellness path are on 10 may 15. Disturbed factors are ast 42, ldh serum is 358, bun is 6.30, calcium serum is 8.22, triglycerides 279, hdl 28.1, vldl 46.7, ldl/hdl is 2.28, hba1c is 5.8, tsh is 7.11 (without med that day, urine test ph is 5, vitamin d 25 hydroxy is 17.6. I feel too tired, persisting lower backache, knee pain, not able to walk bare footed on floor, lethargic, demotivated.
Hi my weight was 120 kgs for the past 2 months I'm working out intensely morning cardio and evening circuit weight training. Till now I haven't lost any weight 2 yes b4 I took steroids decca durabolin and testosterone propionate kindly give me suggestion not weight even after intense exercise n good diet.
Is there any permanent cure for diabetes. I am just 22 years old Male and is suffering from diabetes.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Marks and scars on face of pimple and chickenpox. It is on my face for a long time and its very irritating. I have consult many skin specialist but there is no improvement in it. please get me idea to get rid of these problems.
Hello doctor, I got some bubbles around my penis, before 3 years it was less I been not absorbed for these period, not its got all over the penis head really I am scared, please help me by medicine.
What are the benefits on my body drinking 750 ml to 1 litre hot water after a lunch / dinner about leaving for 20 mins. I want to reduce belly fat. And what should I do next!
Hi I am 30 year old, male.i am doing marketing job and I have cold problem from last 7 year. I was went at so many hospitals but just got reply that having allergic and infection problem just need to take anti biotic. Not getting permanent solution for this problem.
1. First, acknowledge your fear. This is a huge first step. If you do just this today, you’ve done something great. Many of us have these fears, but they are at the back of our mind, unnoticed, unacknowledged, as we try to ignore them and pretend they’re not there. But they are there. And they affect us. So acknowledge the fear.
2. Write it down. What’s your fear? Write it on a piece of paper. Writing it down takes the fear from the dark lurking places in the back of your mind, where it has power over you, out into the light of day, where you have power over the fear.
3. Feel the fear. Recognize that you’re not alone, that we ALL have these fears. There’s nothing wrong with having this fear. Allow yourself to feel it. It’s a part of you, but it doesn’t control you. Remember you can “feel the fear and do it anyway.”
4. Ask yourself: what’s the worst thing that can happen? Often it’s not as bad as we think. Do you fear being rejected by someone? What would happen if you were? You’d lick your wounds, you’d find someone else, and you’d go on living.
5. Just do it. To beat the fear, you have to just do it. Ignore your fears and just go for it!
6. Be in the moment. Fear of failure (and other similar fears) are fears of the future. We get caught up in worrying about what might happen. When you find yourself thinking about the past or future, bring yourself back in the moment and focus on what you’re doing right at this moment.
7. Small steps. Start small. Do something you know you can do. Allow yourself to feel good about that - and then take another small baby step. Keep doing this …
8. Celebrate every success! Make a note of every single thing you do right, even the smallest little thing. Use this feeling of success to propel yourself forward and take the next step. Then keep building on each previous success ….
Hello Doctor, I am suffering from a condition (Pearly Penile Papules) for quite some time. It doesn't affect me but sometimes I feel embarrassed and depressed. Is there any treatment or cure for this condition and what are causes of this condition? Thanks.
I m 18 years old female I have dark circles in my eyes. please help me. How to come over them. please help me I want to get rid of dark circles please suggest me with what to eat what to do nd what not to do? That will be your most kindness.
My son is having pain in lower body, we have done all tests and he gone thru treatment by lot of doctors, but result is negative and he have to pain killers everyday. He is of 20 years.
Day by day my hairs are losing their power all most I'm bald head and want to do the hair plantation how much does it cost?
My child 1y 6m cries during passing of urine since 2 days ( she shows the genitals that she has pain there ) Is it urine infection? Please suggest the remedy or medicine.
I am suffering from left knee pain about 2 months. If the leg is maintained in a same position it will pain, if I started changing positions of leg I will better comfort CAN U PLS HELP ME?
I know the hereditary term. But I have crossed tha age when my father felt hair loss problem. M 29 n facing less density problem but no hair fall. Tell me the solution.
How to lose weight while staying in a hostel
Have fruit salad:
While most hostels have their own menu for which you have already paid, it still makes sense to invest a few additional bucks on healthy foods. If you shell out cash for dominos or kfc, you can definitely spend some money on fruits. Prepare fruit salads and enjoy your snack times.
Parathas form an integral part of hostel menus and you may even be having parathas on a daily basis. There’s no doubt about the fact that parathas are tasty, but if losing weight is your goal, you may want to compromise on the ‘love’ of your taste buds. Replace parathas with ‘sukha rotis’ and take one big step towards achieving your weight loss goals.
Have heavy yet healthy breakfast:
- Make sure that you start off a big day with a heavy breakfast. A healthy combination of milk oats/ corn flakes or muesli with dry fruits sprinkled on it and a bowl of fresh fruits are great ways to kick start a great day.
- Snack on dry fruits:
- Whenever you feel hungry, satiate your urge with a handful of dry fruits. It is a better idea to consume healthy fats rather than saturated or trans fats that are present in high amounts in fried or processed ‘all-time-favorite’ snacks such as french fries, burgers, pizzas.
- Snacking on peanuts or roasted bengal gram dal is also a great way to consume healthy fat in a ‘tasty’ way. You may even have bananas to beat those between-meal hunger pangs. By the way, just avoid cashew nuts.
Drink three liters of water daily:
Water is a powerful appetite control element and you can really combat your hunger pangs in an effective way by having water whenever you feel hungry. Do you know that you can beat false hunger pangs by having a glass of water? try it out and let me know. Water will not only help you in losing weight, it will also help you in getting that clear and flawless skin.
Reduce tea/coffee intake:
Indian diet plan for high blood pressure
Tea or coffee sessions become an integral part of your life when you have friends, colleagues, and roommates to chat with. You may often end up engaging in social-political-religious or even appraisal related discussions without realizing the fact that you have taken several cups of brew during the process. And yes, please check your cola intake as well.
Avoid carbs for dinner:
I will not ask you to skip carbs for dinner at the initial stage as I know that it is quite difficult to tame your habit. Try having chicken roast with salad one night and question yourself how you feel. You can have a paneer salad if you are a vegetarian. If you dont have much choices at hostel, just have unlimited amount of dal along with some salads and veggies available. If you feel good, try repeating this daily. If you feel like, you may have buttermilk after dinner to facilitate digestion.
Indian foods rich in complex carbohydrates 3
Choose brown foods over their white counterparts. Go for tandoori rotis and mixed veggies and don’t skip the salads. Buy brown bread and keep it handy for odd time hungers.
How to lose breast fat
How to lose weight while staying in a hostel? well, exercise is the answer. While food choice is something which you do not have in your control, exercise is something that you can do on wish. Joining gym if possible is good option. If not, you can do simple exercises in your hostel room, yoga, aerobics or simple walking, jogging or running is something you can do at your convenience without any monetary involvement.
Hostel life is a life full of influences. You will share your opinions with others and you will appreciate opinions from others. This is what we refer to as ‘peer pressure’. You are most likely to succumb to peer pressure when it comes to tweaking your lifestyle which includes your dietary habit as well. I would encourage you to stay strong in the midst of such influences. Your friends may ask you to skip your day’s dietary plan and you may choose to honor their request that day just to realize later that you have again started getting defeated by your habit. Treat yourself, but once in a while. Keep some moments special.