Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sri RamalingamYour feedback matters!
My mom is 62 years old diabetic, taking insulin also for the past 4 months because eyes specialist Dr. Advised her to cure her glaucoma in both eye but still sugar is not normal.
1. My 12 years son have the habit of nail biting. 2. He use to be very Good in studies but now a days he is more in to playing mood. 3. His hand writing is also not so good. Please guide me how can help him to overcome this problem.
I am 22 yr old and I have always pain in my eyes something like irritation when I am studying or while driving also continuously My eyes is paining. I am not using any spec. In winter the pain is extreme. Please suggest me what step I have to do or what test?
Hi sir, My father (age 56) are suffering from glaucoma problems so as per doctor's opinion he have start to take anti glaucoma Rx. At this he never possible read number plate of car from 20ft distance. As per laser centre report- He has BE anterior segment normal. IOP- RE 9, LE 11hg @12 noon BE fundus - RE disc 0.8 CDR with inferior thinning, LE 0.7 CDR. BE perimetry -RE reduced sensitivity in superior field. LE show reduced sensitivity in sup - nasal fields, OCT ONH -RE show NRR thinning LE NRR and RNFL thickness normal. ADV- Prefer to start anti glaucoma Rx. In this case operation is necessary and iffectable or not. Please guide me which treatment is best for him. Regards,
Sir, My ankles are having some pain during jogging and my eyes having some difficulties in watching in sun light!
I started noticing that the sclera of my eyes is somehow red and the side of my eyes is red too I also experience pains in my eyes what could be the cause.
Sir I had done lasik eye surgery 3 months ago on 5th june 2016. And now my left eye vision is blur. Sir tell me is this problem can be cured or not. Is this permanent or temporary. If temporary thn which medicine should I take. Sir pls tell me the right way. I want 6/6.
I got a small lump inside my lower right eyelid. Initially it was paining but slowly it's getting better. I am using gentamycin eye drops to get away with any infection. Help me out with this.
Iam 25 years old. I work min 35 hrs per week on computer as my duty from last 2 years. Suggest me tips to restore/ preserve my vision of eyes. My current vision is -. 50 for eyes
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.