Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sri Kanth B SYour feedback matters!
My blood group is B+ and my to be wife's blood group is B-.so, can we face any problem for birth of child. Any precaution needed?
Hi my baby is 10 months old and her weight is 6.85 kg. She is not eating properly. And not gaining weight also. Only BM she likes to have Any ways to make her eat better?
My baby boy hardly sleep 10 hr a day. And his sleep interval in hardly half an hour. When awake demand feeding continuously so I get stressed and have back pain and fissure problem due to continuously keep on feed to make him stay quite & calm. What should I do. I also consulted a Dr. But he said we will cry no solution for this. He is just 1 month and 10 days old. Is this behavior normal what is the solutions to this problem.
My daughter is 6 years old and for last 1 week she is having one big boil on her left forehead and in some parts of head along with lower part of left eye having boils and swelling. We are cleaning it with warm water and twice we are putting Himalaya eye drops twice a day. But the boil is in puss formation on her forehead. Please suggest medical reason and cure. Could it be because she ate mangoes during this summer month or probably because of excessive rising temperature of this summer?
My son, he is 4 years, went to injured by wooden bed corner nd then his cheeks shown blue nd green type spot ot it can say blood clotting type. Five days already done still swelling nd spotting are there. I am applying Hirudal cream. Is there any serious?
My daughter is 3.5 years old but she has not started eating everything now can you help me for the same that she should start eating and she also eats chocolates more, also she is on feeding what are the ways to leave her feeding. Please help.
My baby girl now 15months and 8kgs weight, problem is she used to vomit always from 6, 7months. If she see rice and smell it she feel like vomit. She vomits regularly if her stomach full and from starting piece of food she sound vomit, I am fully depressed, please suggest me.
My 51 days old baby is crying continuously at night pls suggest remedy if she has ear pain or stomach pain and how can I identify that.
My daughter is just two years old. She never wants to eat anything. We always have to force her to take food. Our local child specialist has advised us not to force her, she will eat whenever she will be hungry. We did that for almost two days. But she never wanted to eat in those two days. We are very worried. Please help us.
My daughter is 4 months old. She keeps crying even after feeding her. I think she remains hunger & is not satisfied by my milk. Can I start formula. If yes which one.
Seasonal changes can be very exciting for most people. Each season brings with it a new set of colours and nature takes a new turn. However, for people with seasonal allergies, a seasonal change also comes with a set of allergies. From skin rashes to wheezing to breathing difficulties, the list of symptoms can be quite long. Asthma is the most common problem, and the attacks can be quite bothersome with wheezing attacks and breathing troubles.
With advancements in the field of medicine, there is a lot of relief for asthma patients. A little understanding on how asthma attacks happen will help in understanding how to control it. Asthma is an allergic reaction caused by narrowing of the airway with thick mucus, which makes breathing difficult. During an attack, the person can have a dry cough, face shortness of breath and wheezing.
Asthma is often triggered or worsened by some factors, and being aware of these can help prevent or manage an attack:
- Common allergens like pollen, mites, ticks, furs of animals, bird feathers, specific foods (peanuts, milk products, eggs, etc.) and mold spores appear during change of season.
- Environmental chemicals like cigarette smoke, car fumes, dust, etc., can also trigger an attack.
- Attacks of cold or flu can lead to an asthma attack.
- Workout during cold weather can be problematic, but exercise can also help control asthma attacks. Lung function improves sufficiently, but an exercise regime should be drawn up for the patient based on his condition.
- Stressful emotions like anger and anxiety can also lead to an attack or make it worse.
- Some medications like aspirin, beta blockers, glaucoma drops can aggravate attacks of asthma.
Once you know the triggers, here are some common measures that can help prevent and relieve the wheezing.
- The preventers reduce the inflammation in the airway tube and the swelling. While they do not provide immediate relief during an attack, using these in the long term helps avoid attacks. These are low-dose inhaled corticosteroids such as beclomethasone, fluticasone, and budesonide. Doctors would advise their usage even when there are no symptoms, as asthma attacks can be triggered when they are not taking these medications for a while. Newer drugs include leukotriene antagonists like montelukast and zafirlukast. Relievers are used for symptom relief and include Salbutamol (short acting) and Salmeterol/Formoterol (long acting). Peak flow meter may be useful in acute attacks, wherein the peak flow rates can be reduced.
A good strategy is to use preventers regularly and rely on relievers during an attack. The first one helps build resistance and so reduces the incidence of attacks. Reach out to a doctor if a severe attack ensues (lasts more than 3 hours).