Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sri Kanth B S
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sri Kanth B SYour feedback matters!
Dear sir. My 3 month girl baby have an injury of back born. And her right leg is drying. What I do pls help. And give me your appointment.
My 22 month baby has been suffering from loose motion from last 3 day. I already given him o2 syrup but. Not effective so please kindly provide my some suggestion and medicine name or any gharelu upaye m waiting please suggest me.
Hi, My 1 month old baby always spills milk even after 2 hrs of drinking, she is having hiccups and so much milk is coming through hiccups. And feeling fussy before vomit and motion also, her motion and toilet is good.
I have my first baby (8 month) with cesarean delivery bcz I won't got pain till the delivery date whether there is an chance to get my second pregnancy with normal delivery & how long time I want to wait to get 2nd pregnancy.
My son 10 years old has a stomach ache in right side. Because he pulled a heavy log yesterday'what can I do.
My wife was having mensuration date on 10 but still not done. We hd intercourse before few days but had taken the pill. So is she pregnant? And if so we do not nid child at this stage. What can be done?
Hello doctor my baby is 6 month old he is suffering from dry cough and cold. Which medicine should be used?
Meri 2 saal ki beti h. Ye abi b feeding krti h bahut kosis kr li chhudane ki. Dudh b nhi aata ab to lekin ye chhodti hi nhi h.or waisa dudh ye piti nhi. Pllz koi trika btaye.
When you have a newborn bundle of joy, no parent would be ready for constant crying bouts from the infant. However, for various reasons, even healthy, well-fed infants can be colicky.
What is it: Although a mystery, a baby is said to be colicky if it cries for more than 3 hours a day for more than 3 days a week for more than 3 weeks at a stretch. The baby is completely healthy, and the symptoms start about 2 to 3 weeks of life in both breast-fed and bottle-fed babies. The baby usually has a red face from crying and could be pulling its legs towards its chest due to the abdominal discomfort.
Causes: Though still not exactly established, some things that are believed to cause colic include:
- The baby's digestive system that is growing and goes through spasms
- Extreme sensitivity to noise and light in the surrounding environment
- Accumulation of gas in the belly that is ingested with the milk (breast or bottles)
- Hormones that are supposedly affecting the baby's moods
Treatment: As there is no specific cause identified, the treatment is also symptomatic and aims at soothing the baby's pain and discomfort.
- Altered feeding: Given that a baby's tummy is very small and is about the size of a fist, it makes sense to feed it small amounts at regular intervals than to give a full feed once in like 4 to 5 hours. The baby is sure to feel full with this and therefore the discomfort. Burping between the feed is also shown to help avoid feeling of fullness. If you are breast feeding, try to not let the baby doze off when feeding.
- Anti-colic bottles: These bottles have a vent inside the bottle which will help reduce the accumulation of gas within the bottle. There are various brands available in the market, these could be a good solution if the baby is even partially bottle-fed.
- Simethicone: This is an anti-flatulent, which again helps eliminate gas bubbles in the stomach and thereby provides relief to the infant. It can be given either by a dropper or a syringe.
- Exercise: Try bending the legs at the knee and holding it towards the baby's stomach, this can help ease the pain.
Remember that this is a very transient thing and usually disappears on its own by the 4th month, and the above measures are only to help the baby and the mother.