Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I have a stomach ache. I have fever and chest pain and my eye turns red. What is my disease? Please guide.
4 Tips for a Great Eyesight
An important organ of the body, eyes must never be taken for granted and need to be protected at all times. In addition to protecting them, you also need to improve as well as maintain their overall health.
Here are some of the ways of keeping your vision in top form:
1. Eat for good eye vision
To have healthy eyes and consequently good vision, you need to have foods that keep them in good health. Nutrients like Zinc, Vitamins C and E and Omega-3 fatty acids can help to fend off age-related sight problems such as cataracts or macular degeneration (a condition characterized by the deterioration of the middle portion of the retina). Foods like eggs, nuts, green leafy vegetables, oranges and citrus fruits are what you need to have to get good eye health.
2. Kick the smoke habit
Smoking can adversely affect your eye health and can make you prone to eye conditions like cataracts, macular degeneration and damage of optic nerve (a nerve that transmits impulses from the eyes to the brain). By kicking this habit, you end up saving your eyes from irreversible damage.
3. Use sunglasses
Exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays for a long period of time can make you prone to common eye problems including cataracts. To protect them from the sun’s harmful rays, you need to use sunglasses that block 99-100% of ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) rays.
4. Go for a regular eye checkup
Going for regular eye examinations can help in protecting your vision and ensure you see clearly. Eye examinations are important to help you find eye problems like glaucoma (a condition wherein the optic nerve is damaged, resulting in vision loss). A comprehensive eye examination can help in identifying problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism (an eye defect that occurs to a deviated spherical curvature).
I would like to know the procedure of back spine l5 disc operation. My question is . Any need of stripping full clothes and lay nude at operation time. How they prepared me for the process. Im really confused and little bit frightened. Pls give me the details.
Dear sir, Inspite of taking multipal consultaion we fail to get exact reason and recovery on this issue. As I am looking hopefully to you & requesting you kindly help me to come out in this issue. case summary -16-year-old boy presented with history of dimunition of vision in right eye since 3 months. He gave history of seeing flashes of light and eyelid twitching of right eye on and of. On examination, his bcva was 6/60, n36 and 6/18, n10 in right eye and left eye respectively. Anterior segment showed clear cornea, quiet anterior chamber in both the eyes. Fundus examination showed clear media, attached retina tessellated fundus in both the eyes, mild temporal disc pallar and retinal hole in upper temporal quadrant in right eye. He was advised right eye prophylactic laser around retinal hole, neurologists review. He was adviced regular check up.
My left eye is lazy eye it can be cured or not? Is there Any exercise which is help for me. please provide me.
I am 79 years of age having bi-focal glasses. Cataract is not fully developed. Doctors says that my eye sight is 6 out of 10 They also say that even after cataract operation, chances of improvement to eye sight is vary rare. What you advice?
While studying my eyes irritate me a lot because water droplets are coming from my eyes what should I do ?
Hi All, My Grand Mother expired due to infection on lungs. Before few days of it one eye becomes red and pus and blood came out from eye. Used anti biotic tablets and gentamycin eye drops along with multi vitamin tablets. Her eye infection reduced. From next day she becomes very weak and oxygen levels decreased to 36. We admitted her in hospital and provided oxygen and oxygen level increased to 95 to 107. Doctor first suggested for ventilation, as levels increased he said no need to put her in ventilation, we just provide the oxygen. After half an hour levels got reduced to 90 to 80 to 70 and doctor said we go for ventilation. But her pulse rate is decreased and ECG also flat and she is expired. Kindly let me know how the infection attach to body (lungs, blood) and is the infection on eyes causes to infection on lungs also or Infection on lungs causes to infection on eyes.
Oculoplastics, or oculoplastic surgery, incorporates a wide assortment of surgical strategies that fix arrangement with the orbit (eye attachment), eyelids, tear channels, and the face. It, likewise, manages the remaking of the eye and related structures.
Oculoplastic surgery is carried out by an Oculoplastic surgeon. He should be an expert ophthalmologist who has embraced further expertise in plastic surgery. Your oculoplastic surgeon's essential focus is the well being and security of your eyes.
There are several procedures or types of oculoplastic surgery. They are enlisted below.
- Eyelid surgery: Blepharoplasty is the most well-known sort of eyelid surgery. It is done through entry points along the lines of your eyelids. The specialist makes the entry point and after that isolates the skin from the hidden tissue to evacuate the abundant fat, skin, and muscle. Sutures are then set in the upper eyelids to close the entry points. The lower covers may not require sutures, contingent on the method utilized. The methodology, for the most part, takes around two hours if both upper and lower eyelids are done together.
- Tear duct surgery: This surgery is also called dacryocystorhinostomy. For carrying out a tear duct surgery or dacryocystorhinostomy, your surgeon will make a little entry point through the nose or through the skin within a corner of your eye and your nose. Another tear drain opening is made from the blocked sac specifically into the nose. A stent might be left in the new tear drain incidentally to keep the pipe open. At times, the obstacle stays blocked and a perpetual manufactured drain is set behind the edge of the eyelids.
- Orbital surgery: There is a wide range of sorts of orbital surgeries, and the surgical methodology that will be picked for your situation relies upon the area, size, and degree of infection present. In a few cases, just a little skin entry point is required without the trouble of incisions. In others, vast entry points are required and unmistakable scars may come about. Your specialist will expel or repair harmed tissues as vital while painstakingly saving eye capacity and vision.
- Botox: The procedure takes only a few minutes and no anesthesia is required. Botox is injected with a fine needle into specific muscles with only minor discomfort. It generally takes three to seven days to take full effect and it is best to avoid alcohol at least one week prior to treatment. Aspirin and anti-inflammatory medications should be stopped two weeks before treatment as well in order to reduce bruising.
There are many procedures of oculoplastic surgery. Your surgeon will choose the best one that goes with your situation. This kind of surgery is very successful.