Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sreenivasa DYour feedback matters!
My mother is at 50. She used to have a gastric problem accompanied by weakness and heavy stomach after taking meals many a times. What to do to avoid this.
I'm 22 year old male & i'm have continuous motion problem from last 5 months. I've consulted few doctors they say it is IBS but their medication isn't effective. Is there any solution to it using homeopathy?
I am a boy aged 22+. I have stomach problem i. E. Even after going to toilet everyday I don' t feel that my stomach is fully clear and by evening I start realizing gas with a very bad smell. Please suggest me what to do for this.
I am having so much problem of gas since 2 or 3 years. I want to completely end of this problem please suggest any treatment to me.
Sir, I am 21 year old girl and facing stone of size 15mm with 7-8 small of size 5 mm in my gallbladder and doctors suggest me for operation but I don't want. So please sir can you suggest me better advice to remove these stones from my bladder other than operation?
I am having pain in stomach or abdomen and mostly it irritates the muscle, There is less exhaust of gas from anus which was regular when Id d not had pain /in normal and also piles like symptoms in anus, I am regularly chew the tobacco and also smoking 3-4 cigarettes daily, What could be reasons and what check-up do I need.
I'm suffering from bloating problem from last 3 years, I tried many gas relieving syrups and tablets. The problem is still there I focus on healthy food and good schedule but whenever I eat outside it make me either loose motion or constipation. So I want to know how to overcome these problems i. E. Bloating and food sensitivity!
I am 40 years and suffering from GAS problem, although I am taking lite food but gas is producing and fill pain at stomach. Give some solution.
Hi. I am male 22, from last 1 week everyday when I poop in the morning, my ass is burning a lot and blood is also coming. That pain is carrying out till after noon and it's unbearable. Please suggest me a cream or tablet.
My sister is having gas trouble for past one month. Last week motion is not coming properly only gas is coming .she is eating fruits ,badam and dates. She is avoiding rice for past one month. Only chapathi and dosa is her food. Please give remedy for gas trouble.
Mine stomach is not cleaning properly, even after drinking lots of water! Give some easy household methods that vl help me.)
I am 24 year old. Whenever I take spicy food, little bit not too much spicy still I am suffered from acidity and also a burning sensation? I have done all test like whole abdomen ultrasound or liver function test, but all reports are normal so what should I do? Please help me.
I am 33 yrs old man I have very hyper acidity problem & also lever function not work right now. What should i do please advice me.
I am having tonsils for the last two days and taking d cold total but every 12 hours the fever comes back and also doing gargling with salt water (hot) which provides temporary relief from the pain. Should I consider moving onto antibiotics as they make me feel very weak and upset my digestive system somewhat. If so which group of antibiotics should I opt for.
Hello! Always after food my stomach feel uncomfortable and feeling like vomiting before 2 days but from 2 days I having diarrhea? Please help me.
I am a male of 60 years, and I go to office by scooter travelling 35 kms per day on the average. Daily in the early morning I feel tired and I have paid on both the hips. Is it due to ageing or due to gastric problem?
Colorectal surgery is the broad term for surgical procedures performed on the colon, the rectum and the anus. There are various different surgical procedures which fall under colorectal surgery and these are used to treat a vast array of disorders, such as:
- Anal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Severe complications related to constipation
- Anal injuries
- Inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract
- Congenital defects
- Procedures: The surgeries under colorectal surgery are performed after diagnostic tests such as proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and defecating proctography. The most common diagnostic test is colonoscopy. These help to identify the origin and nature of the problem and decide which surgical procedure is to be followed. The procedures under colorectal surgery are as follows:
- Colectomy: This procedure involves removal of a section of the large intestine. This is known as partial colectomy. In extreme cases, such as advanced cancer or severe gastrointestinal infection, the entire colon is removed and this is called total colectomy. Sometimes, the rectum is also taken out along with the colon and this is called proctocolectomy.
- Colonic polypectomy: An abnormal growth of tissues in the inner lining of an organ is known as a polyp. Colonic polypectomy is done to eliminate polyps from the colon and rectum before they become malignant. This can be done endoscopically. Surgery is required in case of large polyps.
- Strictureplasty: Chronic or repeated bowel inflammation causes scar tissue to accumulate in the large intestine. This results in the narrowing of the colon. Stricturoplasty removes the scar tissue so that proper flow of digestive contents is resumed.
- Colostomy or Ileostomy: A damaged section of the colon is removed and the shortened intestine is then attached to another opening (stoma) in the anterior wall of the abdomen.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: This surgical process is used for swollen hemorrhoids or blood vessels, which form in the anal canal. Hemorrhoidectomy is extremely effective in removing hemorrhoids, but the surgery also involves a number of complications.
- Anoplasty: Anoplasty or imperforate anus correction is done to correct birth defects in the rectum and the anus. The structural flaw does not allow the stool to pass properly from the rectum and so it is repaired through surgery.
Related Tip: "Colorectal Surgery: How To Be Sure You Really Need It"