Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sreenivasa D
Submit a review for Dr. Sreenivasa DYour feedback matters!
Dr is okay, but was not able to cure my pain completely.
Hi I’m 43 years old with regular history of migraine .I was taking Combiflam in regular basis off late have noticed my stomach is bloated and have severe constipation plus lot of gas .I have constant pain on my left side of the stomach and below the ribs .Is it because of the medication m taking also am addicted to chewing clove all the time ,are the pains and bloating be because of chewing cloves or taking too many Combiflam am worried about my liver .Please help.
I am a 20 years old guy I workout daily and take diet daily but I think somewhere my diet distribution throughout the day is not proper so at what time can I put all the so that it gets digested properly My diet is abt 14 egg whites a day -Preworkout 2 egg whites - postworkout 4 egg whites Remaining throughout the day distributed And I have one glass milk sprouts peanuts with gul apple and lunch with 2 chapatis I have some gas problem like farting too frequently may be thats bcoz of food indigestion and (pet saaf na hona) Pls help me to how should I distribute the food throughout the day and if there any ayurvedic medicine for better digestion.
Hello I am facing from h pylori since 1 year ago there is no problem but issue is that I have burping after eating so what should I do suggest me which medicine should I prefer.
Hi, I am suffering from pain in my lower abdomen, around the uterus area, I am 33 years old and since the last two months I am having irregular periods. Kindly advise.
I am suffering from duodenitis. Allopathic doctor has suggested me one antacid and one (bd) pro biotic capsule per day but I had no major relief from this medicine. I need to continue with homeopathic. Can I come over this disease taking homeopathic medicine? Secondly I am having a stone in my right kidney too. Please suggest me some medicine.
Please help me! I have a severe problem of gastric pain. Not only in stomach but also it causes pain.
HI, I have problem around my anus, some pink coloured pimple like thing is there. Outside and adjacent to anus. Most probably on right side. Measuring 3-4 mm. Little bit itchy and some light pain was there since 2 days. I saw it today. What is it? What can I do for it? Surgery is needed or medicines are enough?
For last few months say 1 years I have been suffering from a problem, my bowels are not clear in the morning and after having breakfast or something in the morning I feel like going to toilet again and then only watery stool comes out. I want a solution please.
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult your doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!