Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SreekarYour feedback matters!
I am losing my hairs so fast what is the cause of that. I was having very healthy hairs but suddenly I lost 100 to 150 hairs on a day during my bath. Afterwards usually I lose 20 to 25 hairs. Why this hairs loss occurred suddenly and how can I treat it?
Dear doctors, I am having excess of hair loss and white hair at age 21. What could I do to control it?
I'm having skin problem from last 4 years. My nose become dark I mean black shade on left and right side and it spread over the eyes. I have used medicines as well but it is not reducing. Please suggest me the best medicine to clear it off.
Hi. I am a 23 year girl. Please suggest me which one is better for skin lightening honey and lemon face pack or chironjee and almond face pack. Please reply soon.
I am 23 year old. I have some skin problem. I am having dandruff full scalp. And that type of dandruff or skin patches on my chin and behind.
Hi myself asma am 25 years old , actually my face is becoming dull n dark I hv started using olay anti aging cream .bt am nt sure wats d ryt tym 2 start anti aging and do olay really affects n gives gud result . Am I doing right? Pls suggest me Thank you.
I am really embarrassed by my hair it's so thin nd short. I'm suffer from hairfall also. Please give some advice to get thicker and long hair.
Hi m 24 years old and have black bumps like structure on my arms and shoulders had tried so many remedies bt still exists it looks so ugly and I can't wear any trendy dresses please do help and please reply
Please suggest how to control hair fall. Age is around 40, fair color, dry hair black color. Which medicine or oil you recommend.
My hair is falling too much so I requested you doctor to give a suggestion or medicine to stop falling of hair.
Please advise how to reduce dark circles and puffiness around eyes mine is a desk job I work in night shifts.
Iam losing my hair quickly, using all shampoos but no effect so kindly please help me with this problem.
Most men, about 60%, see some development of breast tissue in their lifetime. This growth could be round, symmetrical and occurs bilaterally. This growth of breast tissue in males is medically known as gynecomastia.
- The most common cause is an imbalance between the oestrogen and androgens, with excessive oestrogens leading to the growth of breast tissue.
- Excessive use of anabolic steroids
- Unknown reasons
It can affect men of all ages, and if this presents as a serious problem, then surgery is the most definitive form of treatment.
Surgical options: There are two major options available for correcting gynecomastia – liposuction and excisive surgery.
- Done either under local sedation or under general anaesthesia depending on the extent of the tissue proliferation
- A small incision is made either in the armpit or around the areola
- Excessive fat tissue and breast gland tissue are suctioned out
- The chest contour also is altered at the same time, if desirable
- Post-surgery, the person is made to wear a compression garment for the first few days
- This helps in keeping the tissue in place and also helps reduce swelling
- Healing takes about a couple of weeks’ time, depending on the person’s overall health status and the extent of surgery.
- This is done when the extent of gynecomastia is more severe
- These people would have sagging, stretched skin around the breast area
- More amount of fat and glandular tissue can be removed through excision
- This is more often done under general anaesthesia
- The incision is often done around the areala (dark portion around the nipple) so it is concealed or along the natural creases which are formed due to excessive breast tissue
- Excessive breast tissue is removed and the incisions are closed
- There could be swelling, pain, bruising and higher chances of post-surgical infections
- Recovery will take about ten days to two weeks
- Refraining from exercise is often advised for up to 2 weeks
- Restore a masculine appearance
- Shorter surgery
- Faster recovery
- Minimal or invisible scars
- Almost immediate results that can be dramatic
- Improved confidence and self-image
After the surgery:
- Surgery is definitely a sure way to remove the male breast tissue, it is almost a permanent treatment for this condition.
- It is very important to get a trained, experienced surgeon for the procedure
- It is important to follow post-op instructions including pain management, infection control, and recovery
- If it was caused by use of steroids or obesity, lifestyle modification is essential to prevent recurrence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.