Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sreekanth S RaghavanYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old. I have a problem of black spot under my eyes. Please help me to solve my problem.
Sir I want laser for dark circles. Kya yhi shi rhega mere face k liye Koi side effects to nhi hoga. please sir I want held.
My skin has been badly tanned during past 3, omth. The dlow of my gace has disappeared totally what should I do?
I am 21 year old male I was using betnovate c to get fair skin before 5 years initially it was good but when I stopped using it after sometime I was facing many problems like premature skin aging, darkening, pimples and blackheads even after 5 years I am facing its side effects please suggest me something to get my old youthful skin back.
I am 65 years male, facing urination problem. Frequent and no flow. Prostate's said to be enlarged. What precautions do i have to take to not undergo surgery.
Treatment Options For Dark Circles
1. Cold compress also helps treat dark circles. You may use an ice bag, cloth dipped in cold water, or a frozen spoon. Simply dab anyone of these near the eyes. This will instantly reduce the appearance of dark circles.
2. Dip cotton balls in rose water and keep on the under eye area for 20 minutes. This will also help to reduce dark circle.
3. Apply cold milk or iced water compress over the eyes and leave for 15 – 20 min. This is also quite effective.
4. Eat fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins and iron. Blend 2 fresh tomatoes, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and drink the juice daily or every alternate day for a healthy skin and refreshed eyes.
5. Laser treatment is another effective treatment for dark circle removal. With laser treatment, the fat deposited under the eye is targeted. After the laser treatment, the skin under the eye becomes smooth and less discoloured.
In laser treatment, an ultraviolet light or infrared invisible light is used to create a wave length that releases energy as they move across the skin. The energy is absorbed through the skin layers and gives a soothing effect, while correcting the dark and irregular skin pigments that cause dark circle.
6. Eye surgery for dark circle is known as blepharoplasty which is performed by a plastic surgeon. The under eye fat deposits are removed resulting in less puffiness, less discolouration and more lively eyes. There are two types of under eye surgery. One is transcutaneous lower lid blepharoplasty where 1 or 2 incision below the lower lid eyelashes is made. It is the ideal solution for those who have more skin under the eye.
The second one is for dark circles under the eye. A local anaesthesia is given for general comfort and may even result in some bruising and swelling lasting for about a week. It’s better to weigh the pros and cons before going for the surgery.
7. Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel:This is one of the most affordable and effective under eye gels available in the Indian market. This under eye gel gives an immediate cooling effect and refreshes the eyes.
8. Various topical creams, ointments and gels are available in the market to minimize the appearance of dark circles. You have to ensure that the creams contain active ingredients which can give optimum results. These active ingredients include vitamin K which helps to reduce dilated blood vessels; and vitamin C and alpha hydroxyl acids which aids in the stimulation of the collagen production of the skin.
I am 18 years old. I see my body skin but there is no any skin disease found. But I am going to outside the home than I feel (khujli) irritate whole body skin. If little dust is contact with body skin than after I feel hardly (khujli) irritate is happening. So pz help me & give the solution. I think I have a dust allergies.
I wants to tell you about the problem of skin itching this problem is started from the month of january and increasing day by day please tell me the solution of my this problem?
I got pain and burning in my anus from past 10 days I am eating pileum tablet and applying pilex cream its better but not so much useful please advise me.
I am 20 yrs old i have a skin problem of ring guard i am using a ointment dermikem but itis working for only 4 days and it will repeat againafter 4 days of using that ointment
My right hand is big tattoos.. I want to remove that tattoo. What have to do. Tell me about tattoo scar removal treatment, cream, tablet. It is possible to my right hand look like my left hand. Thank you.
My mother eats lots of black soil but do not intake it as she spits after chewing it. Does the eating of soil has any problem as she is age of 38, whats it advantages and disadvantages please suggest.
I have some rashes on my thigh. Because I have gained my weight suddenly and lost suddenly so these looks so ugly.
Dear Sir/Madam I have dark circle problem to my eyes. Kindly help me which cream I have to use or something else it will really helpful for me. Thank you.
I am surfing from darkness of my skin and have scars, how can I treat it help me. And suggest me the best medicine and cream.
Acne is a skin condition that leads to breakouts like pimples and other eruptions on the skin, including whiteheads and blackheads. In very severe conditions, an acne breakout may come with pus filled boils too. An acne breakout happens due to various reasons. Inflammation of an infected sebaceous gland leads to this breakout. This infection and consequent inflammation can take place due to hormonal changes, poor diet, as well as high testosterone levels and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Dirt and grime that clog the pores and dead cells that have not been washed off properly can also cause these breakouts. So what kind of skin care regimen can you have in order to prevent acne? Read on to know more.
- Cleaning Acne Prone Areas: You must wash the acne prone areas with soap and warm water at least twice a day. If your case has been very severe in the past, you can even use a medicated soap to wash the neck, shoulders and back as sometimes, acne spreads to these areas as well. Concentrate on the face and remember to clean it to remove dust, grime and other irritants that come from pollution. If this is not done on a regular basis, the particles can block the pores and lead to infection where the dead skin cells play a major role.
- Makeup: If your skin is acne prone, you can use non oily makeup or avoid it on a daily basis, if you can. Non oily makeup does not irritate the sebaceous glands, which can end up secreting excessive oil leading to acne breakouts. Non oily makeup and skincare products are known as non-comedogenic, which do not clog the pores. Also, you must remember to remove your applied makeup carefully before you go to bed, so that the pores are clean and get a chance to breathe rather than getting infected. Further, your old makeup needs to be thrown out regularly even if the products do not come with an expiry date. Invest in new makeup every few months and clean your brushes regularly too.
- Sweat: After a particularly intense workout session or after a run, you must remember to wash you face and take a shower so that the sweat and oil is can be removed, as these lead to breakouts if they are allowed to gather on the skin's surface and enter the pores.
Taking care of your skin with a proper cleaning and hydrating routine is as important is getting the right nutrition as well.
Related Tip: "All About Acne"