Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sreekanth
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. SreekanthYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old. My mom is 47 years old. She have a back bone problem. She is suffering from pain. So what to do?
I am 19 years old. I am suffering from throat allergies inside throat and it disturbs me a lot. I have used many medicine but they were not work. This allergen results in low bp, weakness in mentally as physically well and many other problems. Please help me to cure it.
On 8th July, I went for routine ultrasound, where I came to know that I have polycystic ovaries ,my ovaries are enlarged with multiple peripheral cyst of size 5.5 mm. Although my periods are normal and last for 3 days. Menses are regular, then I got my hormonal test done on 2nd day of menses ,all hormonal test came normal. My weight was 63 kg height 160 cm, now my weight is 57 kg. l got married 3 years back earlier we do not want baby now I want to conceive, that doctor put me on ovacare a+b for 2 months, now 2 months are over. Should I continue this medicine or should take new one, as I want to conceive now. Please suggest me.
Doc I have already a 4 years old girl. Then why I have tubal problem right now. What is the reason of this .are my tube unblocked in future without surgery.
I have many black spots on my skin and face. These are small black dot like structure. And these never vanished from my skin in any condition. What is this and how I can overcome it?
Under glans penis I have some small projections some are white faces and some skinny in colour. They are from last few months, they never pop up and I'm not involved in any sexual activity till now but I live in a hostel from last few years where I have to share toilet with many people. And I never felt any ache or rash there. So I have to worry about these projections or not?
I am facing very severe back pain from past few days and I am not able to sleep due to that whats the solution?
I am 33 year old. Earlier my hair length was average but I just started having them long as I want to have some hair style with long hair but hair fall started lately. I am using Head.
I will smoke daily 5 times maximum some times in my heart it will little bit pain what is the problem? Please suggest
Kya pregnancy ke dauran ovarian cyst ka laproscopic surgery ho sakta haii. Bina bachcha aur mother ke taklif ke. please suggest me.
Sir actually I getting the problem related hair. Hair loss and whiting before 3 years. What I do for that?
I have one problem for my leg. My leg some time pain for mid night. Pain are running for 10 to 20 min. After than stop. Why this pain?
HI doc. I am facing problem of white hair past 4 yrs, and hair fall also, m doing lot of treatment but I didn't get any result, n m tired to spend my money in clinic can you you please let me out of the gray hair and hair fall pls pls doctor do the need full which treatment is good for me.
1. Green Tea Contains Various Bioactive Compounds That Can Improve Health
It is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which function as powerful antioxidants (1).
These substances can reduce the formation of free radicals in the body, protecting cells and molecules from damage. These free radicals are known to play a role in aging and all sorts of diseases.
One of the more powerful compounds in green tea is the antioxidant Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG), which has been studied to treat various diseases and may be one of the main reasons green tea has such powerful medicinal properties.
2. Compounds in Green Tea Can Improve Brain Function and Make You Smarter
The key active ingredient is caffeine, which is a known stimulant.
What caffeine does in the brain is to block an inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine. This way, it actually increases the firing of neurons and the concentration of neurotransmitters like dopamine and norepinephrine (3, 4).
L-theanine increases the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA, which has anti-anxiety effects. It also increases dopamine and the production of alpha waves in the brain (7, 8, 9).
Studies show that caffeine and L-theanine can have synergistic effects. Thecombination of the two is particularly potent at improving brain function (10).
3. Green Tea Increases Fat Burning and Improves Physical Performance
This is because green tea has been shown to increase fat burning and boost the metabolic rate, in human controlled trials (11, 12).
In one study in 10 healthy men, green tea increased energy expenditure by 4% (13).
4. Antioxidants in Green Tea May Lower Your Risk of Various Types of Cancer
Cancer is caused by uncontrolled growth of cells. It is one of the world’s leading causes of death.
It is well known that oxidative damage contributes to the development of cancer and that antioxidants can have a protective effect (20).
Green tea is an excellent source of powerful antioxidants, so it makes perfect sense that it could reduce your risk of cancer, which it appears to do:
• Breast cancer: A meta-analysis of observational studies found that whomen who drank the most green tea had a 22% lower risk of developing breast cancer, the most common cancer in women (21).
• Prostate cancer: One study found that men drinking green tea had a 48% lower risk of developing prostate cancer, which is the most common cancer in men (22).
• Colorectal cancer: A study of 69,710 Chinese women found that green tea drinkers had a 57% lower risk of colorectal cancer (23).
5. Green Tea May Protect Your Brain in Old Age, Lowering Your Risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
Not only can green tea improve brain function in the short term, it may also protect your brain in old age.
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common neurodegenerative disease in humans and a leading cause of dementia.
Parkinson’s disease is the second most common neurodegenerative disease and involves the death of dopamine producing neurons in the brain.
6. Green Tea Can Kill Bacteria, Which Improves Dental Health and Lowers Your Risk of Infection
The catechins in green tea have other biological effects as well.
Streptococcus mutans is the primary harmful bacteria in the mouth. It causes plaque formation and is a leading contributor to cavities and tooth decay.
Studies show that the catechins in green tea can inhibit the growth of streptococcus mutans. Green tea consumption is associated with improved dental health and a lower risk of caries (35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40).
7. Green Tea May Lower Your Risk of Type II Diabetes
Type II diabetes is a disease that has reached epidemic proportions in the past few decades and now afflicts about 300 million people worldwide.
This disease involves having elevated blood sugar levels in the context of insulin resistance or an inability to produce insulin.
Studies show that green tea can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels (43).
8. Green Tea May Reduce Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiovascular diseases, including heart disease and stroke, are the biggest causes of death in the world (46).
Studies show that green tea can improve some of the main risk factors for these diseases.
This includes total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides (47).
Green tea also dramatically increases the antioxidant capability of the blood, which protects the LDL cholesterol particles from oxidation, which is one part of the pathway towards heart disease (48, 49, 50).
9. Green Tea Can Help You Lose Weight and Lower Your Risk of Becoming Obese
Given that green tea can boost the metabolic rate in the short term, it makes sense that it could help you lose weight.
Several studies show that green tea leads to decreases in body fat, especially in the abdominal area (54, 55).
One of these studies was a randomized controlled trial in 240 men and women that went on for 12 weeks. In this study, the green tea group had significant decreases in body fat percentage, body weight, waist circumference and abdominal fat (56).
10. Green Tea May Decrease Your Risk of Dying and Help You Live Longer
Of course, we all have to die eventually. That is inevitable.
However, given that green tea drinkers are at a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, it makes sense that it could help you live longer.
In a study of 40,530 Japanese adults, those who drank the most green tea (5 or more cups per day) were significantly less likely to die during an 11 year period (58):
• Death of all causes: 23% lower in women, 12% lower in men.
• Death from heart disease: 31% lower in women, 22% lower in men.
• Death from stroke: 42% lower in women, 35% lower in men.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having servers headache what to do? Please help me!
Do cashew nuts give rise to high cholesterol? It's common belief that cashew nuts are not healthy for BP and heart patients.
My son is is doing his masters he has sleep disorder. Despite sleeping in the night he is feeling sleeping helplessly during the day also. All the tests blood and sleep tests are all normal what cd be the cause for this.
I have black circles down my eyes since childhood. But when I grew they became much darker as if I am a drug addict or as if someone hit me in my eyes. Now when I accidentally have pimples under my eyes, they leave a scar tissue which never fade away. That is really embarrassing. I wonder what I should you? Is there some types of food that I should eat. Or is there an ointment or cream that I should put down my eyes? Or maybe the problem is something congenital and it wouldn't go?:(
A urinary tract infection can be painful and annoying. Most urinary tract infections affect the bladder and urethra, but it can also affect the kidneys and ureter. Women have a higher risk of suffering from this infection as compared to men. This is because women have a shorter urethra than men and hence the bacteria needs to travel a shorter distance to reach the bladder. Urinary tract infections can usually be treated easily with a course of antibiotics as long as they are detected in time. If not detected in time, it can affect the kidneys which make it a more serious problem. Hence, it becomes important to be able to recognise the signs of this infection.
Some of the symptoms to watch out for are:
- A persistent urge to urinate but low volume of urine produced
- A burning sensation while urinating
- Cloudy urine
- Blood in the urine which makes the urine appear red, pink or blackish
- Strong smell of the urine
- Pelvic pain
A urinary tract infection that affects the urethra is also known as urethritis. A burning sensation when urinating and discharge along with urine are the most prominent symptoms of this type of infection. When this infection affects the bladder it comes to be known as cystitis. Cystitis patients typically suffer from frequent and painful urination along with discomfort in the lower abdomen and pressure in the pelvic area. They may also notice blood in the urine.
Acute pyelonephritis refers to a urinary infection that affects the kidneys. In such cases, along with the typical symptoms, the patient may also experience high fever, nausea, shivering and pain in the upper back and sides of the abdomen.
This infection can affect a person at any age. Most women suffer from at least one bout of urinary tract infections in their lifetime. Some of the factors that increase the risk of suffering from this infection are:
Certain types of birth control such as diaphragms and spermicidal agents
- New sexual partners
- Urinary tract abnormalities
- Kidney stones or other blockages in the urinary tract
- Weakened immune system
- Use of catheters
- Recent urinary procedures that involve the use of medical instruments
Urinary tract infection can be easily prevented by living a healthy lifestyle. Drink plenty of fluids to flush bacteria and other toxins from your body. Bacteria multiplies in the bladder if urine stays for too long. Hence, urinate frequently and do not try to control your bladder. Avoid synthetic underwear and wear cotton underwear with loose fitting clothes that keep the area around the urethra dry.
How to prevent recurrent urinary tract infections
A urinary tract infection or UTI can be quite painful and uncomfortable. This infection can be described as an infection that affects the ureter, urethra, bladder or kidneys. Women have a shorter urethra than men which makes this more vulnerable to this kind of infection. It is said that most women suffer from at least one bout of this infection in a lifetime. Urinary tract infections are caused by bacteria and may often recur after treatment. However, in most cases, this can easily be prevented. Here are a few tips to help prevent recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Drink plenty of fluids: Ideally, we should drink 8-10 glasses of water a day at regular intervals. This keeps the body hydrated and flushes toxins and bacteria from the body. Water also prevents the formation of kidney stones that could increase your risk of suffering from a urinary tract infection.
- Urinate frequently: If you drink the required amount of water, you will typically need to urinate frequently. Do not try to control your bladder. Holding your urine in your bladder allows bacteria to multiply inside the bladder. This is an easy way for a UTI to begin.
- Follow healthy bathroom habits: Cleanliness is the first step to preventing any infection. When using public restrooms, flush the toilet before and after urinating. In the case of women, it becomes important to ensure that the seat of the toilet is clean as well. After urinating wipe the residual urine with toilet paper in a motion that goes from front to back. Since the urethra is situated very close to the rectum, this step is very important. For uncircumcised men, it is important to wash the foreskin after urination.
- Wear loose clothes: Tight fitting clothes trap moisture and aid in the multiplication of bacteria. Hence, always wear loose fitting clothes that keep the area around the urethra dry. Also, avoid synthetic underwear and only wear cotton underwear.
- Urinate after intercourse: The relative closeness of the vagina to the urethra makes it easy for bacteria to enter the urethra during intercourse. Hence, make it a habit of washing your pubic region after urinating. This helps flush out any possible bacteria that may have entered your body.
- Choose the correct method of birth control: Certain types of birth control such as diaphragms and spermicidal agents can promote a urinary tract infection. Hence, it is best to avoid these types of birth control and pick alternatives.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!