Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Sreekanta SwamyYour feedback matters!
I live in Delhi & I am 34 year old male person. I have a tremor problem for last 4 months. What should I do ?
I am a 30 year old male, I experienced a partial seizure 6 years ago and I'm under medication for the same. I was taking Levipil 500 mg tablets twice a day, my doctor has gradually reduced my dosage to Levipil 250 mg once a day. Now my doctor has stopped medicine. What are the possible side effects I may experience after stopping the medicine? I feel dizzy, loss of control and shivering sometimes are they related to the condition of stopping medicine?
Migraine is not just a headache it has other symptoms and has a major impact on life. A migraine headache is usually an intense throbbing pain on one or sometimes both sides of the head. Besides pain, migraine also can cause nausea and vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound. Some people may see spots or flashing lights or have a temporary loss of vision
Treatment ; by pain relief, preventive drugs, lifestyle changes, and alternative treatments.
My age is 19 I have a. Problem in my brain when Listen Music for long time in ear hone. I have also a problem in my eye. I am male from west bengal,
Hi I'm deepak 22 years old. I get the problem of neurocysticercosis in my head in right granuloma. For first I experienced numbness in my left hand after that unnecessarily movement followed by unconsciousness. My EEG stands normal. Now Dr. Gave me albendazole 300 three times a day for fourteen days. Now they are giving me sodium dilation 300 mg and folic acid 5 mg. I am pretty not sure that I'm getting the right treatment. So pls guide me is it right or not.
My mother is 78 years old, she is having arthritis, BP and her back is bent. She is having numbness in her hand.
Hi, I am asking this question for my mother she have a regular migraine problem. Does it have a complete solution? What is the main causes of it?
While taking any objects with my hand on that time my hand was shaking why it was happening? Is there any solution.
My hands are shaking. When I place the hand horizontal my hands get shaking and when I try to do some work also. Please help me.
I am 71 yrs 5ft 8 in weight 90 kg am suffering from diabetic for last 5 yrs lately I find that sole of both my feet become numb when I get up in the morning and also my right heel is very painful please advice what I should do ?
My 17 year old daughter have cerebral palsy. She is quaderiplebgic. I have heard about Dr. Bernard brucker. Biofeedback therapy. Can this therapy will help her in any way?
Sleep problems, which can be defined as a sleeping pattern where the parents are unsatisfied, are one of the leading concerns of parents. Children should get a minimum nine hours of sleep so that their health and brain development can occur. Sleep problems can affect not only their health, but also their social and school life. Any interruption or abnormality in a child's sleeping patterns should be examined by a doctor and parents should make necessary efforts for knowing the actual causes of sleep interruption of their kids.
What are the causes of sleep disorders in children?
- Injuries and accidents
- Behavioural troubles
- Slow-reaction times
- Performance problems
- Mood problems
- Learning, concentration and memory troubles
Common signs of sleep troubles in kids:
- Difficulty in falling asleep
- Occurrence of unusual events at the time of sleeping like nightmares or sleep-walking
- Snoring and breathing pauses
- Difficulty in staying awake in daylight
- Daytime performances can be adversely affected
Best methods for dealing with sleep disorders in children:
- Regular bed-timing should be sincerely maintained at night.
- Relaxing routine for bedtime needs to be followed,including story-book reading, getting warm bath and others.
- Noise in the house, especially at night, should be minimized so that unwanted disturbances can be eliminated.
- If the room temperature is pretty comfortable, then your kids can sleep peacefully.
- Giving caffeine in excess quantity, especially before sleeping, should be reduced otherwise the kids will not sleep well.
- Meals should not be provided just before bedtime; rather they should be taken a few hours before sleeping.
- If your kids are so very addicted to different electronic gadgets or devices like telephones, televisions, computers and others, then they might face sleeping troubles. Thus, it is your duty to keep your kids away from this kind of addiction.
- If your kids are too very tired, then do not keep them awake forcibly; rather you should make them sleep immediately so that they can get a relaxed sleep at night.
If you think that sleep disorder has become a serious issue with your kids as well, then nothing can be a better option than consulting any health physician. They can best analyse the underlying cause of this issue with your kids.
Sir I am 27 years male my problem is my hands r shivering lightly so what is the reason for that please help me.
I am a housewife and I have 7 month child I have feel weakness and my hand is shaking. please gave me proper solution.
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. To know more click here.