Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SreedharaYour feedback matters!
I did LASIK to both of my eyes later 2 times I got small injury like hitting pillow in eye and one time with eye drops while travelling in bus after few days my eye sight become normal as like before will this incident will reduce my sight, is there any chance will I get visual problem again. Please clarify.
Sir I am suffering pain in my half right head some time because of pain I can not open my eyes I just like darkness please help.
Sir now a days I am feeling that I have pain in my eyes when I work on computer, sir I do not know what to do? Please helo me please tell me what to do.
Diagnosed glaucoma in my right eye in 2012. Doctor asked me would do laser treatment. I can see extremely well even with font 8 with no strain in my eye. November got checked in Lotus Eye Hospital, took my papers to double check. There doctor said damage is done so have to get treated. 68 years age. From November was told to take eye drops. Do so frequently as still not getting strained in both eyes. Please explain.
Today I take oil bath, after I ate rice porridge. Now I feel very tired and my eyes are getting heat.
While taking corrective measures like opting for glasses, contact lens or eye surgery is fine to improve eye health, certain exercises are equally beneficial.
Here are some effective exercises, which can prove to be highly beneficial to improve your eye health:
- Figure of eight: This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.4.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. What you have to do is to place some large letters are at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds are over, you have to open your eyes and then you have to see the letters for a second or two. The more number of times you do this, the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.However, these eye exercises are not universally accepted by all doctors.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
Sir while I'm reading the book's my eyes are paining. Sir can you give me a suggestion how to overcome it and improve my eye sight.
Dr. my power is too weak _3.5 on both. I want to do lasik will it be permanent for life time and save.
I have pain in left shoulder for 2-3 years ,on movement, not always ,One ultra sonography report says as follows :--- HRUSG OF LEFT SHOULDER * Left Supra-spinatous tendon is bulky and shows ill-defined hyopechoic areas suggestive of partial tear. * Bicipital Tendon is normal in morphology. It is normal in position. No evidence of peritendinous fluid. * Sub-scapularis & lnfra-spinatous appear normal. * Joint space appears normal. * Muscles around Shoulder joint appear normal. A doctor suggested pain killer tablet and spray which I use when required. Can you ,please, suggest me a permanent solution?
My eyes are so sensitive, that are become wet in cold and when I see in any other person eyes, what should I do?
Hello mam. I hit on my right eyebrow. By falling on edge of my iron bed. On next day my both eye lids became blackened n swelling on eye brow. Along with it .there is blood in sclera. What it shud be and how shud I treat it fast. please help me!
Hi, how painful it is to undergo a circumcision and as I have learnt from online sources that it's a minor surgery needed for the same what costs are involved for the same and time frame to recover from the surgery. Please advise.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.