Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sreedhar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SreedharYour feedback matters!
On my face too much oil coming daily. Actually I am very disappointed with this oily skin .Doctor, do you have any medicine suggestion for this problem.
Glycolic peels can significantly improve the appearance of the skin. This is a type of treatment that involves applying a chemical solution that makes the skin blister followed by peeling it off. The new skin that generates is less wrinkled and smoother. This treatment can successfully reduce lines under the mouth and the eyes, treat acne, improve scars, treat skin damaged by sunburn and wrinkles, improve the look and feel of the skin. It must be noted that the skin becomes very sensitive after a glycolic peel treatment. It, therefore, makes sense to wear sunscreen and refrain from direct exposure to UV rays.
Who is an ideal candidate for a glycolic peel?
Both fair-skin and dark-skinned people are suited for this treatment. The success rate and the effectiveness of this treatment depend on the condition for which a candidate being treated for. People with extremely dark complexion may not be well suited for this treatment.
How to get started?
Before going ahead with the treatment, it makes sense to discuss any underlying condition with the dermatologist. A history of cold sores and scarring should be discussed. If a person is undergoing any medication, it should be informed to the doctor prior to the treatment. A dermatologist often stops other medicine and prescribe skin meds such as Retin-A, Renova etc. to prepare the skin for the treatment. Furthermore, certain antiviral and antibiotic medicine can be prescribed to treat the certain underlying condition before resuming the treatment. An open discussion with the doctor about the depth of the peel is necessary to set the expectation straight.
How is the procedure performed?
A glycolic peel is an outpatient procedure. An overnight stay at the hospital is not necessary. The skin is thoroughly cleaned. The skin is then applied with a solution such as salicylic acid, glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid, carbolic acid etc to a very limited area of the skin. It results in a controlled wound and the new skin fill up the wound within hours. A burning sensation can be felt for a span of 10 minutes followed by a sensation of stinging. A doctor might prescribe pain medication and suggest cool compressor to reduce the uneasiness.
What to expect after the procedure?
A sunburn-like reaction is witnessed after the procedure. This is followed by scaling that lasts for about a week. Peels can be repeated within weeks to get the exact look a person seeks. The procedure might result in crust, blister, and patches. The area is bandaged after the procedure is performed. Sunlight needs to be strictly avoided since the new skin very fragile and sensitive to the powerful rays of the sun.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 20 years old female and I am having dark circles under my eyes. There is no genetic problem as in my family no one has dark circles. What should I do?
I am suffering from anal fissure for a past 2 months. 1 month before I undergone a surgery for anal abscess. I have been given medicines and a ointment, the pain got reduced but I have some discomfort in anal area. So please suggest me a solution to get rid of anal fissure.
My face skin pose big and my skin oily how is heal? please suggest me homeopathy medicine pls after one month my sister marriage I want I'll looking awesome.
If all the products available in the market are no longer doing anything for your skin, then you can turn to the ancient science of Ayurveda. There are many fruits, vegetables and herbs that can help you get the perfect skin that glows with inner health. But before choosing the right herbs, you might consider what is your skin type.
According to Ayurveda, skin is of three types:
- Vata: this skin type is dry, delicate and thin by nature.
- Pitta: this skin type is soft, sensitive and thicker by nature.
- Kapha: this skin type is thick, oily and has high sun tolerance.
After you understand your skin type, you can add the following herbs to your daily skin regime:
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is one of the most important Ayurvedic remedies. It is good for pitta and kapha skin types. You can use it to treat acne, whiten skin, moisturise skin, treat blemishes and rashes, and treat itchy skin.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is used in a lot of beauty products. It is good for kapha and pitta skin types. You can use it directly as a moisturiser or mix it with a face pack. It makes skin soft and gets rid of pigmentation.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a blood purifier and has anti-aging and antibacterial properties. It is good for all three skin types. It can be used to brighten and moisturise skin, and also used to remove skin tan.
- Saffron: Saffron has been used to whiten skin for ages. Mix it with raw milk and olive oil for best results.
- Kumkumadi oil: Kumkumadi oil is an Ayurvedic mixture of 16 ingredients. It is good for skin whitening, removing tanning and marks from the skin.
- Carrot: Carrot is very good for vata skin type. It is an effective moisturiser. It brings much relief to chapped lips, itchy and dry skin. It makes skin smooth and youthful.
- Cucumber or cucumber seeds: Cucumbers are good coolants. It is also an effective antiseptic. It has anti-aging properties.
- Quince seed: Quince seed has anti-aging properties.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is antiseptic in nature. It is a natural toner and makes skin look fresh.
- Almond oil: Almond oil makes the skin glow and look youthful.
For optimum results, an Ayurvedic skin regime must be complemented by a healthy diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.