Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sree JayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
I am . 35 years age. My left side breast feel heavy and some time pain. Where as right side is ok. Which specialist is appropriate for treatment. Even my nipples is odd.
I'm suffering with the problem of PCOD since last one year. Im having very irregular periods and also gaining weight. Weight issue is really bothering me. How can I come out of this?
Main aur meri gf na 24 May ko unprotected sex kiya us ka baad ipill bhi consume ki aur phir uska baad daag bhi laga. Phir humna 20 june ko phir sa sex kiya par medicine nahi liye 4july ko aisa laga raha hai ki date aaya rahi par proper nahi ab btao any chance to getting pregnant pls suggest something pls help.
When I am press my wifes breast milk come out through nipple. But my wife not in pregnancy and no child. Our marriage have last one year. Some small periods problem solved when we consult doctor and take medicine. Now no periods problem. Milk come out in my wifes brest in last two months when I press the brest. Please help me is it ok or not. Please send me a mail in my mail id.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories:
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- Peritonitis and
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types.
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. She may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
In large number of cases of tubal scarring tubes would be open on tubal testing. However, it may not be working well or is functional. A lot of women with so called unexplained infertility may actually have tubal scarring or non functional tubes as the cause of Infertility. IVF is the best treatment option in such cases as it would bypass the work of the tubes completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
I had sex 5 days back since then she is suffering itching in her vagina, what could be possible reason?
I am 15 yr female. I have not got my periods yet. Though the date was of 20th may. What should be the reason behind? is this a sign of pregnancy? i am scared doctor!
Hi all. Am 8 weeks pregnant now. My lmp on 4th feb 2017 and ovulated on 20th feb. My menstrual cycle was irregular and by using come50 mg tablet I conceived. On 3rd apr I went for my 1st ultrasound but doc said that the fetal pole and yolk sac are not seen. Gestational sac measures 18 mm now and it showing 6 weeks growth only. So they told me to come after 2 weeks for scan. Is this normal. Am worrying alot. please help me.
Nuking your food in a tupperware container releases toxic chemicals into the food which enters the body at small doses. When you heat the food contamination further increases. This chemical causes insulin resistance and high blood pressure, two factors in diabetes.
Two phthalates compounds (dinp/didp) found in plastic was associated with high blood pressure.
When pregnant woman is exposed to this compounds it may cause lower iq in babies.
What is the solution?
1. Avoid using plastic containers or plastic wraps when microwaving food
2. Avoid washing plastic containers in dishwashers as plasticizers could leak
3. Avoid plastic containers labeled 3, 6, and 7. These numbers usually appear inside the recycle symbol
4. Conventional heating in stainless steel utensils with lpg gas.
Perhaps you should think twice about bringing those leftovers to work in a plastic container, and automatically popping them into the microwave. Instead, use paper plates, bowls, or other forms of dishware to heat up that day-old food.
Thank you for reading it. I hope it has helped you.
We are couple, we had regular intercourse and not missed middle 6-10 days. My wife has to expect her period on march 23, 2016 because her last period was on Feb 23, 2016 and her period was not started and all of sudden on 7th day after missed period she had a bleeding and we are confused is it a period or other. We had hopes and almost confirmed that she is pregnant. Please answer.
My periods is always 3 ,4 days before from my last month date. Last month it was on 5 th and this month menses not comes as yet can I be pregnant?
Post preganancy I am overwieght with10 kgs. I had c-sec and now its going to be an year. I am also having vit d deficiency due to which I have pains in the knee and feet. Please help me loosing weight.
Few days back we did protected and unprotected sex. Very next to next day she took one tablet by name unwanted 72. But there was no such reactions. Can it be affect in her periods?
You may not have deep frown lines or crow's feet, but if you feel like you're ageing, chances are it's thanks to uneven skin tone. Now, we're not talking a sweet smattering of freckles, but bigger, uneven brown patches on not only the face but hands, décolletage and shoulder areas. It's these ageing dark spots of bother that is known as pigmentation, caused by sun exposure and specifically the UVA rays which penetrate deep into your skin and cause ageing.
UVA stimulates your pigment cells called Melanocytes to manufacture the pigment called Melanin. This is responsible for your tan and also your unwanted dark patches. These sun spots may take up to 10-20 years to develop, so if you notice some showing now it could have been caused when you were a child.