Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SpurthyYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 6th day of her period and the next night I gave her unwanted 72 after taking that pill on 3rd day she vomited and after that on 6th day she started bleeding from her vagina and it lasted till four days and after that now she is suffering from white discharge daily and its colour is little different from normal white discharge and in heavy amount today is 14th day from the date she bleed after taking unwanted 72. Doctor please help me I am getting nervous. Am I pregnant or not. When my period will start. Is white discharge symptom of early pregnancy. And if a girl is pregnant than when the symptoms starts is it early or it starts after 2-3months.
Hi i am 37 weeks pregnant n my usg showed that head circumference is 38 week and abdominal circumference is of 35 week and femur length is 36 weeks. M worried is this fine. Before this scan all my usg were normal and Nt scan was also normal and anomaly scan was also play kindly advice.
I have irregular periods for polysistic Ovary. Hair fall and overweight problem as well as. How to get over?
How to increase the Magnesium Levels in your Body?
Magnesium is very important macro-mineral present in the body. Many youths these days show signs of depression, lower physical and dimmed mental faculties due to low magnesium levels in their body. The mineral has a vital role in helping to produce or use energy in our cells, contracting or relaxing muscles and synthesizing key hormones that control important functions of the body.
Magnesium also has therapeutic effects and helps to treat headaches, asthma, sleep problems, chronic pain. It also reduces risk of hypertension, heart problems. Having a magnesium rich diet lowers your chances of getting diabetes by remarkable 33%.
Following is a list of the few factors that lead to lowering the Magnesium levels in your body:
- Consuming Sodas and other Carbonated drinks lowers Magnesium uptake
- Excessive stress or disease reduces the utilization of Magnesium in the body
- Having high carb, low fibre diets like pastries, cakes, breads, cookies etc.
- High Alcohol consumption, as high as
- Imbalance of minerals such as excess of Calcium blocks activity of Mg in the cells
- Difference in metabolism of individuals such as increased excretion of Mg by kidneys results in loss of Mg and its deficiency
You can increase level of Magnesium in your body by adopting these foods in your diet:
Spinach is a rich source of Magnesium. 1 Cup of cooked Spinach gives you nearly 39% of the Daily Value of Magnesium required by the Body. Other dark green leafy vegetables also provide magnesium and other minerals.
Add Spinach and other Leafy Greens to your daily intake.
Nuts are an abundant source of Magnesium. Cashews and Almonds nearly provide 44-48% of DV of Magnesium while Peanuts provide 31%. Walnuts are also a good source of minerals and provide 16% DV of Magnesium.
Add nuts to your Daily Diet to get their mineral benefits.
Seeds like Pumpkin and Sesame are a potent source of Magnesium. Half a cup of Pumpkin seeds give 81% of Daily Value of Magnesium required while half a cup of sesame seeds give 63% 0f Daily Value/DV of Magnesium.
Enjoy these in puddings, soups, cakes, desserts or add to your breakfast cereal to get their benefits.
4. Beans and Lentils
Beans and Lentils have plentiful of Magnesium. A cup of cooked Beans and Lentils like Soybeans, Kidney Beans, Chickpeas and lentils provide almost 18-35% DV of Mg.
Add Beans and Lentils to your Diet and get their benefits.
5. Whole Grains
Whole Grains are very important source of vitamins and minerals and provide essential nutrients and energy for the body. These minerals include Magnesium too and a cup of cooked Brown rice gives nearly 21%DV of Mg while Quinoa gives 30%. Other Cereals provide almost 7-19% DV of Mg.
You can add variety of whole grains to your diet to get their great benefits.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I'm suffering from vaginal itching. Can you please suggest some medicines for that? Do I consult with a doctor?
My age is 26+ and I am unmarried I do not want to do marriage now but my parents said after the age of 27 there is so many pregnancy issue.so tell is this true that after 27 a lady has to face this kind of problems?
My period was due on 26th nov. It was like 3 days late. I started getting period cramps on 29th but then I had sex that night and after that there's no cramps nothing. I am confused and worried both. What to do? We used protection. We had sex just after my periods got over last month. And also this month around 16-17 nov. All with protection. There's no chance of pregnancy right?
I have blood test that is 7.9 and calcium test 7.2 I am also 1 month pregnant but that blood deficiency was also before pregnancy.
When will be the chances of becoming pregnant? When sperms touches vaginal entry, how much percentage of chance is there to become pregnant? Suitable time for having sex without protection?
My wife have PCOS and she got pregnant in July 2013 and after knowing about pregnancy she got miscarriage. Pregnancy happened one and half years later of our marriage. Till now she didn't get her pregnancy. She got laparoscopic surgery for PCOS in September 2015 and assured us about pregnancy within 3 months but till now she didn't got it. One of gynecologist after going through USG that her egg is not forming. Please suggest how egg must form and she gets pregnant soon. She has thyroid and taking eltroxin 100 everyday in empty stomach. Her thyroid is 2.32.
My sister is pregnant and her child's heart beat are above 149 so how can she reduce it to the normal please help me with this I am worried for her.
Hi Dr, I am quite tense about my partner we had sex few days before and she took medicine (unwanted 72) after 2 hours of sex but she dint yet got periods started her date was 7th of feb we are afraid that is she is pregnant what should we do because we are not prepared to have a baby.
I am 6 weak pregnant. I have severe nausea. I cant able to eat anything. Is there any tablets available to stop the nausea.
Hi, I am 22 years old unmarried woman I have missed menstruation by the past 2 months. Why is it so? Please advice
Hello doctor. I had a unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 6th November. But she got her regular period with as usual bleeding on regular expected date. But now after 9-10 days of her menstruation she is saying she is feeling little bit nausea. So is there further chance of pregnancy. Or should she go for a home pregnancy check up. Kindly rply soon.
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, which is essential for various functions and it is not produced or stored by the body, so it is important that the food contains adequate amount of it. It plays a vital role in heart, eyes, skin, and prenatal health and immunity. Long-term non-availability of vitamin C can lead to various symptoms, which though are not immediately threatening, can turn dangerous in the long run.
- Bruised skin: Easy bruising is one of the early symptoms of vitamin C deficiency. There could be capillaries which appear superficial and have an increased tendency to bruise and bleed. There could also be unexplained reddish purple marks on the skin in people who have low levels of vitamin C.
- Bleeding gums: Another major indicator of vitamin C deficiency is swollen gums that tend to bleed easily. This again is related to their role in collagen formation and if not identified and treated in the early phases, it can lead to severe gum inflammation, periodontal disease, and even loss of teeth.
- Slow wound healing: Vitamin C has an important role to play in connective tissue formation, and if there is less of vitamin C in the body, collagen formation is delayed. This can lead to prolonged and delayed healing of wounds, even simple ones like cuts and bruises. The added role of vitamin C as an immune booster also leads to reduced healing when there is vitamin C deficiency.
- Nosebleeds: Frequent unexplained nosebleeds is another sign of vitamin C deficiency. Reduced amounts of vitamin C make the capillaries fragile causing them to bleed easily.
- Dry skin: While weather does determine if the skin is dry or normal, vitamin C also does. The decreased levels of collagen can lead to an unhealthy skin which can turn red and can be dry and can also lead to keratosis pilaris, which is an accumulation of melanin pigments in the skin. Good amounts of vitamin D helps as a good anti-ageing agent and reduces wrinkles and retains moisture. It also has sun protective effects and antioxidant properties.
- Unexplained weight gain: Vitamin C plays a vital role in fat metabolism and therefore deficiency leads to weight accumulation, especially around the waist. It helps oxidise fat and so helps in weight regulation.
- Lowered immunity: Vitamin C deficiency affects the body’s susceptibility to infections, making it prone to more severe and frequent infections. People catching a common cold very frequently could be suffering from vitamin C deficiency.
- Emotional health: Vitamin C is also a mood regulator, so inadequate amount can lead to depression. Try eating a juicy orange and see yourself feeling better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Please thank me if you feel its good.
3 things you need to do right now.
## decide ## commit ## succeed
Important tips for weight loss.
1) eat breakfast regularly.
2) eat small 4-5 meals a day.
3) eat a mid meal in between each main meal.
4) include daily eggs nuts fruits in your meals.
5) avoid junk food.
6) avoid alcohol and smoking.
7) exercise atlist 4-5 times a week.
8) even if you were to take medicine or supplements. They will not work in isolation.
#stop glucosamine to loss weight
1) avoid eat sugar and fat e. G ghee/fried stuff
2) take a plate of salad before meals. Try to avoid no of chapati.
##lastly be committed. Remember its a life style change. And not a one time change, its a balanced intake that will last longer.
So try to follow this tips seemingly and the results will follow you.
1) do regular exercise like brisk walking (at least), running swimming.
2) avoid sedentary and lazy lifestyle.
3) if you lifestyle is moderate. Then go ahead with cardio exercise or hiit.
4) if you're lifestyle is active. Then join a gym add some weight training.
5) run on treadmill after workout to burn double calories.
6) new to workout, then workout daily 1 muscle group a day. After 90days can go for 2 muscle group.
7) work station is near to your home. Then buy a cycle.
8) stop taking your bike/car if you feel you can walk thru.
######please consult your trainer for best workout chart######
###sample diet chart###
Breakfast -- wheat of mung (green beans) sprouts and one cup skimmed milk.
Mid morning - coconut water or dry fruits or lemon tea or vegetable soup
Lunch - salad or raw vegetables such as carrot, beetroot, cucumber, cabbage, tamotos. In case if you don't get digest raw vegetables, neither ateam or boil them. And whole grain bread of wheat chapati (indian recipe) and glass of butter milk, it will good if you add some roasted cumin seeds, and green coriander leaves and bit salt and grated ginger in the buttermilk.
If you feel to eat rice then please eat 1cup brown rice not white.
Mid evening - juice or apple or brown bread with egg.
Dinner - your dinner will decide your weight loss goal.
Eat salad with juice or your can add fish. No carbs
Before bed - 1 glass of skimmed milk.