Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SpoorthyYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am married for last four years but I'm not conceiving due to pcod and my husband is suffering from Azoospermia. Is this any serious problem to conceive. I had test the blood they said that my thyroid (tsh) is 4.09 and my husband (tsh) is 4.50 is this normal or I have to take medicine. My age is 22 and my husband age is 31.
Low libido or a decreased sexual activity can affect a relationship in a big way. Time and again, an individual, irrespective of their age, sex or occupation can go through periods of low libido. Decreased sexual desire over a longer period of time needs thorough investigation. It could be an indication of something big and serious lying ahead.
Critical factors that attribute to low libido are:
- Stress: An individual's mental and emotional state is greatly reflected in their sexual performance. A sound mental health can enhance a performance thousand folds. On the contrary, factors like depression, anxiety and stress, lowers the sexual desires in a person. To enjoy a healthy and normal sexual life, it is important to keep stress and chronically blue moods at bay.
- Sound sleep: The benefits of a sound sleep are beyond imagination. A good 6 - 8 hours of sleep can do your sexual desires or libido a world of good. A sleep deprived soul will be agitated and cranky, both on and off the bed. Continuous sleep deprivation can also lower the testosterone level, resulting in low libido.
- Smoking: A killer habit, which affects a person's sexual activity is smoking. Drug abuse and drinking (to some extent) can be equally responsible for a low libido.
- Change in weight: A sudden change in body weight (gain or loss) can play a significant role in low libido. Take pride in your body structure. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Take a break: Boredom can mask your sexual life greatly. Break the monotony, take short breaks, go on vacations and low libido will be a thing of the past. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hi all. Am 8 weeks pregnant now. My lmp on 4th feb 2017 and ovulated on 20th feb. My menstrual cycle was irregular and by using come50 mg tablet I conceived. On 3rd apr I went for my 1st ultrasound but doc said that the fetal pole and yolk sac are not seen. Gestational sac measures 18 mm now and it showing 6 weeks growth only. So they told me to come after 2 weeks for scan. Is this normal. Am worrying alot. please help me.
I am married and i did not get my period. am i pregnant and if in case how to get rid of unplanned pregnancy in this stage?
She do breastfeed her 10 month old child. The issue is her breast have become very loose. Please suggest some remedy for this.
Libido is a term that is used to describe the sexual desire for sexual activity. According to WHO, sexual health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being, which is why libido is one of the key factors to a sound and healthy life. As men have 40 times as much testosterone as women, they are thought to have a more intense sexual drive. Dopamine plays a strong role in libido and motivation. Physical issues like low testosterone, too much exercise, and alcohol can cause low libido. Psychological issues may include depression and stress in everyday life.
The good news is that libido can be increased through some simple measures, which are:
1. Have a positive outlook - Prolonged stress can diminish your interest in sex, and men and women have different reactions to stressful situations. Both partners need to discuss their stressful jobs each day and find a non-stressful time for sex. Besides, being self-confident and optimistic makes you feel more sexual and charming to your partner.
2. Following a proper balanced diet - Natural supplements can increase your blood flow and help fight vaginal dryness. You can try the much-touted libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. Figs, bananas, avocados, eggs, chocolate, and mangoes can help to increase libido. Foods rich in vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B complex, and zinc may help to boost sperm count, improve sperm motility and increase testosterone production in men.
3. Prepare for intimacy - If you are planning some quality time with your partner and hope to get him/her 'in the mood' you can try chocolate and coffee. Chocolate has been as the symbol of a desire not only for its delectable taste but because of its power to improve sexual desire. Coffee and chocolate both produce positive mood states, releasing endorphins, providing energy and increasing physical endurance. Wine, or any other form of alcoholic drink, consumed in a small amount, may help people to relax and get in the mood. However, caution must be maintained as excessive consumption can result in impotence in men.
4. Take time to meditate and relieve stress - Being stressed out can affect your sex drive. To relieve stress you can indulge in sports activities and exercises. Lifting the weight or doing resistance training exercises like pushups help to break down and rebuild muscles, creating a spike in testosterone production. For many couples, working out together can become a stimulating experience that gets them in the mood. Exercises can increase performance, range of motion, endurance, boost confidence and help you look younger and more attractive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My sister is entering in 4th month of pregnancy on 07-april-16. What precautions she should take and what are other necessary things that she should follow like diet, exercise etc.? Waiting in anticipation. Thanks in advance.☺
Hi, I am 35 year old and I am 13 weeks pregnant. My doctor did my ultrasound dated 23.12.16. And down syndrome test 1: 31 and nasal bone 1.7 mm of my baby. Further doctor suggest me NIPT test which is very costly so doctor it's necessary to have this test.
I am a 20 year teenage girl. I have pain in my left breast regularly but never visited any doctor can you help me with the reason of pain.
Hi Dr. I am 21 years old girl. I have issue with my periods. As they are irregular and I am very worry about it. As they become after two or some times after 3 months. And I think so thats why my lower belly fat is increasing as my whole body is skinny but I have little belly fat. So please help me what can I do for it?
When it is safe to have a sex after c- section Caesar delivery How many weeks to be pass for the same , I don't want to have risk with my spouse health. Pls advice.
Hi. I m almost 40 years n hv symptoms of menopause, like hot flashes, depression, didn't get my period since 4 months. Wt to do. Is thr any harm in getting early menopause. Pls advice.
I just kept my penis on my partner's vagina and rubbed that time like saliva came from penis and dropped on vagina but I am sure that it's not sperm, is there chances of getting pregnancy? Reply me soon.
Hello doctor I want to ask questions about labour pain and delivery Actually am in my seventh month now and I stay alone with my husband and this is my first baby so I do not have any idea regarding this. When should I go to hospital and what will be the symptoms. Due to some personal reasons any elders can not help us. So will I be able to take care of myself and baby after 9 months.
Today most of the women are suffering from chronic diseases. In the extremely busy life of today, women try to solve their issues by taking medicines themselves which provides temporary relief but does not cure it.
Homeopathy is a branch of medicine which successfully treats and cures the complicated issues that women face with their health and body. Some of the major diseases of women that can be treated by homeopathic medicines are:
Vaginal Yeast Infection
The condition is also known as candidiasis. It is caused due to the overgrowth of the fungus candida which is present in the vagina.
Pain, burning sensation and soreness
Swelling and redness of the vulva
Vaginal discharge of white color
Homeopathic Medicines for Vaginal Yeast Infection
Some of the common medicines for treating it are Graphites, Helonias, Lycopodium, Natrum Muriaticum, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Thuja, Staphysagria, Candida albicans.
It is the most common symptom of menopause. They are caused by the hormone fluctuations in women during menopause.
Sudden warm feeling on face, neck and chest areas
Irregular heartbeat or rapid heart beat
Homeopathic Medicines for Hot Flashes
Some of the common medicines are Amylium Nitrosum, Belladonna, Glononium, Folliculinum, Lachesis, Sepia and Sanguinaria Canadensis.
PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome-
It is a group of emotional and physical symptoms which is related to the menstrual cycle of a woman.
Changes in appetites which include craving for certain foods
Feeling irritated, tired, tensed and anxious
Swollen feet or hands
Swollen and tender breasts
Disinterest in sex
Wanting to be alone
Homeopathic Medicines For Treating PMS
Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating the condition are Lachesis, Folliculinum, Pulsatilla, Lac Caninum, Natrum Muraticum and Sepia.
All the homeopathic medicines that are mentioned above should always be taken after proper consultation with the homeopathic doctors.