Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SpandanaYour feedback matters!
Many a times I get mouth ulcers and sometimes it's 3-4 ulcers at same time. I usually take a vitamin b complex tablet for relief. Any suggestion to avoid this ulcers.
I have a ulcer below the tongue part from 3-4 days it came into existence after I had medicine of high mg and I am having white line on my inside of my cheek and tonsil is also there. I am having medicine for the ulcer its doing good from today onwards. Can it be mouth cancer?
I have an yellow marks in my teeth what I can do now please help me as soon as possible by home remedy we trust this.
Helo doctor I have some pain on mouth internally it's not a teeth problem. Doctor said. Give me advice.
Even after brushing and using mouth people say bad smell is coming from your mouth. Can you tell me what's the reason behind it.
Yesterday I did root cleaning for my teeth. Today afternoon I can see visible stains again. I don't have any bad habits. I ate only rice, dosa, fruits and chyawanprash in between. Can someone tell me why I am getting stains this fast?
Sir mere dat ke uper masure aa gaye hai jinke karan dato me cavity ane lagi hai. Bina masuro ko kate hue kya iska koi ilaj ho sakta hai.
Hi doc, My questions is for dentists doctors.... I am having gap between wisdom tooth and next to that... Anything that i eat will stuck between that gap...and i started feeling pain.... Is there any way to fill that gap... till now i am maintaining the problem by toothpick but sometimes it wont work and the pain starts again.... doctor recommended me remove the wisdom tooth but i dont want to remove it.... Any other alternative will be appreciated....
I'm 19 year old. I a small white patch on my teeth since childhood. My whole teeth is yellow colour only that patch is in white. I brush my teeth twice daily. Yet they are yellow in colour. please suggest what can I do for white teeth at home.
I am 18 years old. Since my teeth alignment is not perfect I got braces on upper teeth 4 months back. The teeth of lower jaw on left side of my mouth are outside the upper teeth. So the doctor put braces for my teeth a week back. And now I left cheek bone is making some sound when I open my mouth wide. I am scared of something may happen to my jaw.
Having mouth ulcer from past a week had taken b complex tablet also used candid gel too But have severe pain. Can I get any suggestions please.
My mother has cavity in her teeth. It's causing a lot of pain to her. Can you please help her with some home remedy?
I don't have a good dental placing. My teeth is not aligned properly. How to take care of my teeth properly.
Hi, Recently I find out my lower right wisdom teeth turned into black/brownish color half of the portion but no pain at all. But it caused a pimple inside on the cheek near the wisdom teeth. I am worried so much what exactly has happened to my teeth. If I am supposed to go under surgery to remove the wisdom teeth what are the complications for my age and I used to smoke in past. I don't have any other health problems. Please suggest me something I am really stressed out.
I am sufferring from lykoplakia kindly suggest medicine one doctor suggested cap densomine thrice daily but I m not able to find it. kindly suggest another medicine.
Doctor, am suffering from mouth ulcers am using b complex even though I can't get relief from them whenever they r affected to me. please give me suggestions to get rid from them permanently? Give me some precautions to don't affect with it next time?
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.