Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SowmyaYour feedback matters!
Sir my head is her pain at evening time So please tell me best solution And when my head do pain then my eyes very red.
I am thinking for lasik surgery and I want to know does having an oral cavity affects lasik surgery or not? Please help with this at the earliest.
Is there any eye drop to cure myopia. Or to recover or reduce lens power. My left eye power -5 right eye power -4.5 cyclic 50.
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.
I have problem of stomach ache since 5 days and redness in my eyes since 12 weeks. What should I do?
Ever noticed spots or strands that ‘float’ into your line of vision. These are known as floaters. In most cases, they do not affect your vision, but can cause a lot of discomfort. Thus, in most cases they do not require treatment unless they affect your vision significantly. Floaters are more likely to stand out when looking at bright objects or something like a clear blue sky. Moving your eyes can shift the fluid in your eyes and move these floaters out of your line of sight.
Dust particles entering and irritating the eye should not be confused with floaters. Floaters can be described as flecks of a protein called collagen. These flecks can be seen when they are loosened from the back of the eye known as the vitreous. This can happen at any age but is more likely to affect people between the ages of 50 and 75. Being near sighted or suffering from cataract also increases your risk of seeing floaters. In rare cases, it can also be triggered by a disease in the eye, an injury to the eye, tumors or crystal deposits in the back of the eye.
Noticing the odd floater is not something to worry about. However, if you notice a sudden increase in the number and frequency of floaters in your eye, see flashes of light, have pain in the eyes or experience a loss of side vision, consult a doctor immediately. This could also be a sign of a more serious condition like a detached retina that requires immediate medical attention. Excessive floaters can be removed through a surgery known as a vitrectomy or laser vitreolysis. A vitrectomy involves the removal of vitreous gel from the middle of the eye and replacing it with silicone oil or a gas bubble. The surgery last 2 or 3 hours, but you may require an overnight stay in the hospital.
Laser vitreolysis is a more recent form of treatment for this condition. This pain free procedure involves the projection of a laser beam into the eye that focuses on large floaters to break them apart or vaporize them. This procedure can be performed as an outpatient and is considered safer than a vitrectomy. The form of treatment suited to a person will depend on a number of factors including their age, what the floaters look like, where they are located and the frequency of their appearance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I have pain in eyes water coming outside every time and I am getting irritation from light and bulbs.
There is a so much pain on my left eyes when I was studying. And due to which the pain was also start on my head.
Eye getting strain while operating cellphone and watching t. V or doing Work in laptop. I. Had spectacles. Present my eye sight is 1.25 left eye, 2.75 right. Plzz give any remedies or medicines to reduce my eyesight. Infact not getting sleep at night times. My age is 20 years whether shall I goo for laser treatment or not. Plzz give solution for that. than.
Hi I had my retinal surgery on 23rd March, my vision is there but the focus is lacking in this eye. There is more light and things look more whitish. How long it takes for restoration of normal focus or I will have to go in for farsight glasses?
Hello good morning sir. I have problem in my eyes. I feel water in my eyes. Can you suggest my. What should I do. Thanks.
I am studying in engineering with computer science so I have work on laptop. I want to secure my eyes with laptops display light. What will I do?
Here are health facts of Cornea
Hi, I am Dr. Bhupesh Singh. I am a cornea specialist at Bharti Eye Hospital, New Delhi.
So, the Cornea is a transparent structure in the eye which becomes white or opaque due to various process like eye infection, some injury to the eye or some other pathology. For treating the Opacity of the cornea, Cornea transplantation is a very good option. In Cornea transplantation, we place the donor cornea to the patient with the help of stitches. After corneal transplantation, usual recovery is within a period of 3 months, Patient is able to see nicely after 3 months. Cornea transplantation can be done under local or general anesthesia depending on the patient’s age.
So, in conclusion, I would like to say cornea transplantation is a very good option for removing the corneal opacity. Thank you.