Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sowmya MenonYour feedback matters!
I am Hockey player, 5 months back I got hit by hockey stick and I consulted two doctors both did not treat well, the first doc said its a fracture and gave me a thumb sling and told me to remove after 3 weeks, after 3 weeks when I removed I was not able to bend my finger and consulted the 2nd doc he said its a sprain and told me to try hot water and salt and try bending the finger everyday. Since then I am trying I am not able to bend my finger fully, and when I give pressure or accidentally get hit, it pains. And when I compare both the fingers I feel something is there in between the joints, the upper and the middle. Please tell me what to do?
Since last 8-10 months I have a pain at the joint of thigh muscle and waist in the front portion (sartorius). I am not very sure how I developed this but it could be either while playing badminton or while doing surya namaskar. I get the pain when I stand for longer duration (>30 minutes) or while sitting on the ground with folded legs. Pls advise a natural way or healing it. I'm not in favor of medicines.
Hii my name is sheetlesh. I am suffering from arthritis. My both hip is suffer from severe pain. What can I do. In summer I fell that little relief than winter days. What can I do?
I am 19 year old guy and I am having a shoulder ache since last 5 months. because I suffered a muscle pull in the gym while holding a heavy weight dumble.
Last night I have very pain in my head and heart and my legs are so much paining and My hand arms are so paining.
How to get reliefs from pain I n left leg due to eating sugar. Pain is below knee and back side muscles of left leg.
Hi, I feel pain in my Ribs (left side) and both shoulder, neck frequently. Please suggest the cause and treatment.
Frozen shoulder is a condition where the patient encounters continuous shoulder stiffness and pain. It could last for several weeks. Inflammation around the shoulder increases the inability to move or stretch properly. This happens when somebody is recovering from an injury. Frozen shoulder can also occur when somebody is wearing a sling or a cast. It also occurs if someone is recovering from surgery or experiencing joint pain. It may also be experienced as a symptom of thyroid, joint disorders or diabetes.
Some of the causes and risk factors for creating a frozen shoulder are as follows:
- If you are 40 years or older, your chances of a frozen shoulder are higher than others
- Recovering from a damage or surgery
- Hormonal imbalance
- Ladies are more prone to a frozen shoulder
- Cervical disc infection that influences the nerves around the shoulder
- Not moving your arm because of other pain or wounds
- Having a previous medical condition like diabetes or other heart diseases
- Open-heart surgery or spinal surgeries
- Poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle
The most widely recognized symptoms of a frozen shoulder include:
- Stiffness around the shoulder usually happens in one shoulder at a time (not both) and will probably return in the same shoulder. Muscle, joint and bone agony in and around the shoulders or arms may be experienced.
- Restricted scope of movement
- Having difficulty moving and using the shoulders or arms ordinarily, (for example, experiencing difficulty in getting dressed, driving, holding objects before you, and gestures.)
- Stretch the Shoulder: Before beginning shoulder exercises for a frozen shoulder, try to warm up your shoulder by doing a few warm up exercises. This will improve the blood supply in the affected area and avoid future injuries by making your body more comfortable with the motion. The best approach is to extend and warm up the shoulder by applying heat for 10 to 15 minutes, scrubbing down or showering with Epsom salt.
- Non-intrusive treatment: While these activities mentioned above can be easily performed at home, if pain continues and makes it difficult to move around or work ordinarily, see a physiotherapist who can appoint particular activities and can enhance your scope of movement, flexibility and strength.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is considered one of the best treatment choices for any joint and nerve related problem. The treatment is based on focusing on the trigger points of the pain and putting pressure on them via needles. The treatment is not painful and is known to produce good results in the long run.
- Dietary Supplements: Various supplements can be taken with the recommendation of a doctor, in order to improve recovery. Alfalfa (horse feed) and turmeric are two of the most regularly recommended elements that relieve swelling and repair the tissue in the shoulder.