Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sowmya Krishna
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sowmya KrishnaYour feedback matters!
I have spect with -3 I want to remove it by lasik. It may cause any problems in coming some year. Please let me know is it good to do or not.
I have hard pain in head because I drop from ladder when I drop I see whole white around my eyes in back head and fill like vomiting but I no vomiting and swallow in backward head what should I do? I take dompan medicine.
Some parts of our body like our eye lids are ignored until we face a problem related to it. One such ailment that affects our eye lids is the swelling of the eyelid. This can affect both the upper and lower eye lid and may or may not be painful. This is triggered by the inflammation of fluid in the connective tissues around the eye as a result of eye infections, injuries and allergies. It could also be a sign of a more serious health condition such as Graves disease, orbital cellulitis or ocular herpes.
Some of the symptoms you may notice with swollen eye lids are:
- Itchiness in and around the eye
- Excessive tearing
- Redness of the eye lid and white part of the eye
- Dry, scaly skin on the eye lid
- Obstructed vision depending on the extent of swelling
As mentioned above, these symptoms can be triggered by a number of factors. Allergic reactions to pollen, dust, dander, makeup and certain eye drops are the most common causes of swollen eyelids. The swelling of blood vessels in and around eyes is a common effect of histamines. Conjunctivitis or the inflammation of the inner lining of the eye can also result in swollen eyelids along with making the eyes water and itch. Bacterial infection or the inflammation of the meibomian gland in the form of styes can also make the entire eye lid swell. In such cases, the eyelid is also very tender to the touch. A blocked meibomian gland can also trigger the formation of a chalazion. This later develops into a hard sebaceous cyst which makes the eyelid swell.
An injury to the eye can also trigger inflammation and make the eye look swollen. Another common cause of eye infections is improper use of contact lenses such as not keeping them clean or swimming with lenses on.
The form of treatment best suited to you will depend on the underlying factors triggering the condition. In cases of allergic reactions being the trigger, antihistamine drops or lubricating ‘artificial tears’ could help relieve the symptoms. In more serious cases, your doctor may also prescribe mild steroid drops. Infections caused by conjunctivitis or ocular herpes usually responds well to anti viral and anti inflammatory medication in the form of eye drops or ointments.
To prevent further aggravation of the condition, avoid rubbing your eyes and minimize touch to the area. Applying a cool compress over the eyes can also help relieve the itchiness and swelling. In addition to this, splash your face with cold water as many times a day as possible. Lastly, avoid wearing contact lenses for the duration of the infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I'm starting to observe that my eyes are bulging a bit. Moreover, I feel my eyes get squint when I see far things. What should I do?
I am 27 year old. Since childhood from age 12-13 I use spectacles. My number is Left +3.0D,Right +4.5D. I am heavily depressed after my right Eye number increased from +4.0D to +4.5D recently. Sir, Can my eyes will be free from Specs with surgery.
I am 27 year old having 6 -ve number glass. How much cost for lasik. And which good hospital is near from bijnor (U. P).
Eye floaters can make your vision interrupted as spotted vision will be experienced as a result of this kind of condition. Peripheral vision gets diminished and you will find severe eye flashes that are pretty disturbing. Vision spots are viewed easily and before these spots go worse you should report the same to your doctor.
What are the homeopathic treatments for curing eye floaters?
There are many homeopathic eye drops that are usually recommended for getting rid of the unwanted symptoms or signs of eye floaters. There are some specialized ingredients that are being used in these eyedrops for reducing or eliminating the symptoms. Though homeopathic remedies are safe, but over dosage of these remedies should be eliminated for avoiding unwanted reactions. This is the reason only prescribed medicines should be taken.
Some of the most useful ingredients are as follows:
- Cineraria Maritima: This is one of the leading homeopathic ingredients that are quite helpful in supporting eye circulation. All kinds of eye toxins are completely removed as a result of which vision difficulties can be prevented. On the other hand, eye tissues are thoroughly nourished as a result of using this kind of ingredient.
- Euphrasia: Traditional eye tonics are usually created with the use of this particular ingredient and this is the reason it is of greater importance for curing eye floaters. Different eye related issues can be efficiently dealt by the use of this ingredient like light sensitivity, burning, dryness and many others.
- Causticum: If you are facing tremendous eye pain due to eye floaters, then nothing can be the best option other than choosing those homeopathic medicines that include this ingredient. Spots or cloudiness can be reduced to a great extent with the consistent usage of this ingredient. This is why maximum experienced homeopathic doctors are prescribing the medicines that have this ingredient to most of the patients facing the concerned eye trouble.
- Sepia: Different vision issues can be effectively dealt by this ingredient like veiled vision, spots, glare, light blurring streaks and others.
- Calcarea phosphorica: Painful and blurry visions are being effectively tackled by means of this ingredient. Foreign-body sensation in your eyes can be easily corrected by means of the same.
- Calcarea fluorica: Tiny eye capillaries can be strengthened by means of this specific ingredient. Other troubles of eyes that can be corrected by the ingredient are corneal opacity, cataract, blurry vision and others.