Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sowmya KrishnaYour feedback matters!
I have had my eye transplant and I suffer from bad headaches post the surgery. What can be the reason for the constant headaches.
I have eye problem when iam watching movie or continuously reading paper. The problem is the eyes are burning and falling water from my eyes. So please give me remidity to my problem.
I have a problem with my eyes my eyes becomes deem when a light is posed an my eyes what should I do.
My brother gets itching in his eyes every evening and water in eyes. Eyes get red and he is unable to open his eyes for half an hour. What should be done? and what can be the problem?
Sir I have very week eyes my eyes power are -8.5 diopter is there are any kind of eyes surgery Available so I can reduce my eye power and turn my weak vision to normal? If yes then how much it cost?
I am 26 year old. I have an eye problem since last year. I already checked to a doctor but my defectness is only minus 0.25 but I have some shortage of vision especially in dusk time. How can I correct my defectness.
My mother has red and watery eyes, she had gone through some medication (genteal, flosoft) during the course of medication eyes became normal when medication is completed again eyes becoming red and watery. Even her vision is reduced. Doctor advised to do cataract treatment. And other doctor said her eyes getting red and watery because her eye lids get infected, and prescribed an ointment. The result isn't much. I want to know the cause and how to tackle this.
Eye twitching in left eye for over 3 months. It comes and goes anytime. Seen eye doctor who gave Vit-D, Calcium and methylcobalamin saying that it may be due to weak muscles surrounding eyes. Please tell which specialist to see?
I have some problem in my eyes. When I use more phone and tv then there will ve pain in the back side of my eyes. My eye sight is 6' 6'
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
Good eyesight can be an outcome of a diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin C. Including certain foods in your diet can be directly beneficial for your eye health and can improve your vision. Here is a list of 5 foods which will help you combat age-related vision problems and will supplement your overall eye health.
1. Eggs - Eggs are rich in vitamin A and lutein, which help you combat age-related vision problems and night blindness. Eggs are also beneficial for dry eyes and improving your eye health. Egg yolks are considered to be one of the best foods for your eyes and should be included in your regular diet. It also helps prevent age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which is one of the primary causes of blindness in the 60+ age group.
2. Leafy Greens - Leafy green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which reduce the chance of cataracts. It is best to consume them raw as they have more antioxidants when uncooked. Other green vegetables like broccoli, collard greens, and zucchini are rich in lutein and play an important part in preventing age-related vision problems.
3. Carrots - Carrots improve your overall eye health as it contains vitamin A, the lack of which is one of the leading causes of loss of vision. The orange hue in carrots is due to Beta-carotene which helps the retina function better. Other foods rich in beta carotene are apricots, mangoes, pumpkin and cantaloupe which also contribute to healthy eyes. So make sure you include them in your diet.
4. Almonds - Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which prevents macular degeneration. Include a handful in your daily diet as it not only improves your eyesight but also effectively lowers cholesterol and prevents heart diseases. Nuts like pistachios and walnuts contain omega 3 fatty acids which contribute to the maintenance of your vision.
5. Citrus Fruits and Berries - Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits and lemons are rich vitamin C which reduces the risk macular degeneration and cataracts. Blueberries also aid in the protection of the retina from damage caused due to sunlight and oxygen.